PDA

View Full Version : State of Oregon does not support reording affidavits

David Neil
03-31-14, 09:20 PM
I just attempted to file an "Affidavit in support of Demanding Lawful Money" and was sent from the Recorders Office to the County Clerk. The County Clerk rebuffed this attempt saying I needed to provide the statute that supports the recording of this document. He stated that he did not know what type of document this was. I replied that it was a Affidavit. He said that if it was a deed he could record it. I replied again that it was not a deed and that I wished to record it as a public document as a miscellaneous file recording. He stated there is no such thing.

I am now off to find supporting statutes. Perhaps it is better to file all of this in District Court?

Keith Alan
04-01-14, 11:57 AM
Why not make it a Deed?

pumpkin
04-01-14, 06:21 PM
David, I looked and they are not required. Instead use the public notice process and or a notary. Anything notarized is as good as recorded. Use witnesses.

allodial
04-02-14, 08:51 PM
United States District Court miscellaneous case jacket perhaps? If they see something might be a "Federal/U.S." matter they might not tell you and simply say "We wont file it".

David Neil
04-02-14, 09:03 PM
United States District Court miscellaneous case jacket perhaps? If they see something might be a "Federal/U.S." matter they might not tell you and simply say "We wont file it".

Right now I am looking at public notice. My interpretation of the law is they have to record my Public Notice and it says that the original should be turned in with Notice.
193.080¹

Filing affidavit of publication
• original or copy as evidence

If an affidavit of publication is made in an action, suit or proceeding pending in a court, it may be filed with the clerk thereof; if not so made, it may be filed with the county clerk of the county where the newspaper is printed. In either case, the original affidavit, or if the same is filed with the clerk, a copy thereof, duly certified, is primary evidence of the facts stated therein

I believe I would fall under the "if not so made" portion.

If all else fails I do have a judgment in Oregon and I was thinking of attaching to that court case. I will enter my demand for payment by the debtor to be paid in lawful money. I will also insert the affidavit in support of demand for lawful money to show why I am making the debtor pay me in lawful money. I think I am getting the hang of this legal thing :cool:

David Neil
04-02-14, 11:35 PM
David, I looked and they are not required. Instead use the public notice process and or a notary. Anything notarized is as good as recorded. Use witnesses.

That would be 2 witnesses, right?

pumpkin
04-05-14, 02:42 PM
Normally 2 witnesses, yes.

shikamaru
04-05-14, 05:17 PM
Why not inform the clerk to file on demand?

pumpkin
04-07-14, 11:15 AM
Filing papers with the recorder, in itself, does not accomplish anything. The purpose of recording it there is to have it readily available to file into evidence if needed. Anything notarized will accomplish the same purpose. Any papers that are notarized can be placed into evidence. I couldn't find anything requiring the recorder to file on demand.

David Merrill
04-07-14, 11:23 AM
Filing papers with the recorder, in itself, does not accomplish anything. The purpose of recording it there is to have it readily available to file into evidence if needed. Anything notarized will accomplish the same purpose. Any papers that are notarized can be placed into evidence. I couldn't find anything requiring the recorder to file on demand.

Always get a Commission Certificate on the Notary.

David Neil
04-07-14, 09:54 PM
I requested the certificate, but we never got that far in the process before being shut down

EZrhythm
04-08-14, 08:28 AM

Au contraire- In fact it is the other way around,for the most part. Having a document notarized, in itself, only accomplishes a specific task such as certifying who signed a document and/or who declares the words on a document. Recording a document in a public arena accomplishes the task of giving notice to all so that none can claim ignorance.

There is the instance of a man who declared and had notarized his own insurance bond-

"November 2009. I got stopped for expired stickers on the license plates and I showed an un-filed, notarized, original. Because it was not filed with the county clerk, the officer gave me a ticket for "no proof of insurance". When I went to court this morning and finally sat down with the DA chick, she asked me if I had proof of insurance and i gave her a certified copy of the filed bond. The only thing she asked me was, "Where did you get this?" I asked her what did she mean and she just repeated the question. I knew better than to say, "I got it from __________ or off the internet" so I said, "I wrote it and submitted it to the County Clerk for recording". She asked if I had showed it to the officer and I said I had but it was not recorded at the time. She said since it was recorded now, it was sufficient!!"
-George

David Merrill
04-08-14, 10:10 AM
I requested the certificate, but we never got that far in the process before being shut down

You request the Commission Certificate from the Secretary of State.

David Merrill
04-08-14, 10:11 AM

You request the Commission Certificate from the Secretary of State.

Chex
04-08-14, 02:21 PM
Having a document notarized, in itself, only accomplishes a specific task such as certifying who signed a document and/or who declares the words on a document. Recording a document in a public arena accomplishes the task of giving notice to all so that none can claim ignorance.

Very good EZrhythm - A+.

Uncovering Justin Pritchard’s road. A document that has been notarized is one that’s been marked with a stamp or “seal”, which indicates that the signature on the document is legitimate. The notary will ask for identification to verify that you really are who you say you are. (Here we go again) You’ll need official identification with a photograph – a driver’s license, passport, or other government issued ID will generally do although requirements vary from state to state.

Sign it in front of an authorized notary public and pay a fee. Notaries have to spend money to operate as a notary, they have to study and keep up with changing laws, and they have to keep records.

If you’re an account holder, the service might even be free. You can find notaries at law offices, car dealers, check cashing stores, tax preparers, and even neighborhood convenience stores where somebody employs a notary. "Having a document notarized means that your signature is official. It does not mean much else" By Justin Pritchard (http://banking.about.com/bio/Justin-Pritchard-14749.htm).

I find Justin’s (a freelance (http://dictionary.search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0LEV1qpBERTlUoARs9XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTB0 Ym85a21lBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDIyNl8x?p =freelance&.sep=)author) "having a document notarized means that your signature is official It does not mean much else" statement disturbing.

What is a notarized Affidavit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affidavit), in Affidavit Form (http://premium.docstoc.com/doccomplete/landing?docId=134207382&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=sample%20notary%20document&utm_campaign=Search_Top_P&utm_content=40023331945&gclid=CK6YvKWC0b0CFSISMwodyB0Aww)or in Affidavit of Heirship (http://www.heirship.com/2009/11/washington-affidavit-of-heirship.html).

The Affidavit of Heirship is signed before a notary public by two witnesses that are not a part of the estate. The Affidavit of Heirship > is then filed in the real property records on file in a county clerk's office< .

The IRS issues. ITINs to persons who need a tax identification number for tax reporting or tax payment processes in the United States and that person is not eligible for a U.S. Social Security number.

Effective June 22, 2012, through the end of the year, "the IRS will only issue ITINs when applications include original documentation, such as passports and birth certificates, or certified copies of these documents from the issuing agency." Previously, the IRS also accepted notarized copies of these documents. The IRS will no longer accept notarized copies of supporting documents except in the following two instances: http://taxes.about.com/b/2012/06/25/irs-tightens-up-documentation-requirements-for-issuing-itins.htm

pumpkin
04-08-14, 05:49 PM
"Recording a document in a public arena accomplishes the task of giving notice to all so that none can claim ignorance."

Ignorance is only self defeating. Who thinks the IRS combs public records before stepping on any toes? The rights of the people are at the state level, and not found within the house of mirrors known as the United States Code. Though the code, IMO, is vetted and written correctly, it is written intentionally to mislead and confuse. Notarized, confirms the date and the who and the what, and makes the document much better suited as evidence. Personally, I am not a fan of trying to comprehend their BS code. Our rights are inalienable, and no code or statute has any authority to make them alienable or infringe upon them.

John Howard
04-09-14, 01:23 PM
"Recording a document in a public arena accomplishes the task of giving notice to all so that none can claim ignorance."

Especially if you send a copy to the offending agency.