the University Medical Center of El Paso
Michael Parsa; Christopher Cabanillas;
Two Unknown United States Customs and Border
Protection Supervising Agents; United States
Customs and Border Protection Agent Portillo;
and United States Customs and Border Protection
Agent Herrera,

Defendants

The $5,000.00 billing and the compliance of the rape-victim strike me as the most baffling aspect in this case.

David Merrill
04-28-14, 09:06 PM
NOTICE: RECAP it turns out is not free. It loads to "Public Archives" and is free from there but PACER charges for the initial download!

Just so you all know if you load RECAP (PACER backwards), onto your browser you can get free PACER publications. I looked into it and the US Government shouldn't be charging anybody anything for its Publication Service PACER. Some clever attorney figured that out and what you do by accessing documents is download them into a Cloud, server or drive somewhere called Public Archives. I think that is what is going on anyway.

I gather you mean $5K instead of at least $500K?

I agree with you, for that kind of afternoon she might get a sympathetic jury. On the other hand she may be out to correct the system or implement a safeguard into the system and so not be after money but rather she is alerting the officials in the policy-setting board there is a problem without getting them fired? If she can get these folks to correct the problem she wants them to remain in a position to implement and correct solutions...

Or judging by all the summons she has served, she might already be wealthy? I don't know.

I suspect that observing the experience described outrages people more than Jane actually having the experience. I find it peculiar that this may have been an outlandish attempt to protect a naughty or badly trained German Shepherd. Maybe an attempt to protect the trainer?

walter
04-29-14, 05:47 AM
The 5K is what the hospital charged her for their services (rape) David.
She states she wants the jury to determine the damages.

David Merrill
04-29-14, 09:03 AM
Thank you for reading more carefully. I remember seeing that now.

Moxie
05-03-14, 03:49 PM
Gynecologists, i.e., defacto in a lab coat, do that same thing every day to women, but with scheduled appointments. And instead of searching for drugs, they search for Kancer. And instead of guns and shackles, they use pink ribbon campaigns so fear of Kancer is the motivator. And they use titles like "doctor" as the authority to do it because "doctor" sounds important to most people and like they know what they're doing. Same humiliation, weirdness, and sexual molestation.

How about this angle:

Notice how sleep dentistry is so popular, as it is socially chic to hate going to the dentist, so the dental spa uses soothing music, herbal tea and massage, then put patients under. Think this kind of foreplay would ever happen at the gyno office? lol!

David Merrill
05-03-14, 11:56 PM
I suppose it is all in how Jane presents the day to the jury. It looks like this will get interesting again on 5/14.