PDA

View Full Version : how to convert paypal into lawful money?

george
08-31-14, 03:30 PM
hello everyone,

Im considering using ebay again. I used to years ago and stopped when they made it their policy that you could no longer require postal money orders as payment.

it seems to me that you could use paypal to acquire lawful money by having your demand on file at the bank on the signature card or maybe in an affidavit on file in a LOR. would this be correct?

but if you want or need to use paypal to make a purchase, and the funds in the paypal have not been through your bank, how can you use paypal lawfully?

is there a way to use paypal on purchases with lawful money?

thanks

walter
08-31-14, 03:56 PM
hello everyone,

Im considering using ebay again. I used to years ago and stopped when they made it their policy that you could no longer require postal money orders as payment.

it seems to me that you could use paypal to acquire lawful money by having your demand on file at the bank on the signature card or maybe in an affidavit on file in a LOR. would this be correct?

but if you want or need to use paypal to make a purchase, and the funds in the paypal have not been through your bank, how can you use paypal lawfully?

is there a way to use paypal on purchases with lawful money?

thanks

would it matter george?
Meaning if the monies going out ... what does it matter, as long as you claimed the monies coming in.
The tax or fee is on income not outcome.

george
08-31-14, 04:22 PM
hi walter,

it seems to matter to me because the funds transferred from anothers paypal in to yours were not redeemed lawful money so when you transfer those same funds in to anothers paypal when purchasing something from them, there was no lawful money involved in that transaction, only FRNs so what you pruchase still has that 1st lien, therfore it is not lawfully in your possesion.

does that make sense?

walter
08-31-14, 07:43 PM
hi walter,

it seems to matter to me because the funds transferred from anothers paypal in to yours were not redeemed lawful money so when you transfer those same funds in to anothers paypal when purchasing something from them, there was no lawful money involved in that transaction, only FRNs so what you pruchase still has that 1st lien, therfore it is not lawfully in your possesion.

does that make sense?

I am guessing here that it would be depending on the transaction.
If you had monies coming in and large amounts then it could be considered income.
But if you read paypal they claim they can shutdown and seize the account at any time.
So it means it is their account not yours.
So why would anyone have large amounts in that account anyway?
I have a friend that created and runs a multi-million dollar business and he shut down the paypal account just for that purpose.
It was to risky.

Moxie
08-31-14, 11:33 PM
hi walter,

does that make sense?

How about if the funds were transferred from another's Paypal account into your checking account first, then transferred to your Paypal account. I'm pretty sure that can be done.

george
09-01-14, 02:15 AM
How about if the funds were transferred from another's Paypal account into your checking account first, then transferred to your Paypal account. I'm pretty sure that can be done.

hi Moxie,
possibly with two paypal accounts? hoping someone else here has been through this. Im looking into relocating to a new area that is very rural so my work will slow to a halt. I will need to go back into online sales to be able to do this and ebay is the first step. initially to survive on but eventually I want to have an online storefront independent of ebay and just use ebay to promote my site.

I can do that now with FRNs but I really would like to figure out how to do it with all with lawful money only.

thanks

EZrhythm
09-01-14, 07:03 AM
If one writes their demand as a NOTICE, makes it a public record and then issues that notice to any FRB... POOF! ...Lawful money transactions 100%!

allodial
09-10-14, 01:54 AM
hi Moxie,
possibly with two paypal accounts? hoping someone else here has been through this. Im looking into relocating to a new area that is very rural so my work will slow to a halt. I will need to go back into online sales to be able to do this and ebay is the first step. initially to survive on but eventually I want to have an online storefront independent of ebay and just use ebay to promote my site.

I can do that now with FRNs but I really would like to figure out how to do it with all with lawful money only.

thanks

You might consider looking at the Coinstar website and, also, Popmoney. There used to be a way to bring money from Paypal to Coinstar machines (like the ones at Walmart) but that might not be possible anymore. But AFAIK one can put money into modern Coinstar machines directly to Paypal.