PDA

View Full Version : Paying vs Cashing Checks

allodial
09-18-14, 09:18 PM
This was likely brought up before on predecessor site. However, there is a distinct difference between paying and cashing a check. "Cashing" a check is associated with getting cash out of a check from a bank when the check is drawn on another bank. When the check is drawn on the same bank then its a matter of the bank paying the check. The bottom left or left-middle usually tells you who the drawee is on a check.

So it seems to follow that:

[1] When you are presenting a check to bank and you want cash or the like and that check is drawn on that bank then CASHING is NOT what you want to do and "CASHING A CHECK" is something you want to avoid suggesting;
[2] When you are presenting a check to a bank and that check is not drawn on that bank and you want cash--then that is 'cashing' a check and is a 'special service'.

(#8 in the image above is the 'to/on/against/drawee spot'--this could extend to the middle.)
(#4 is allegedly the drawers signature.)
("Chuck Ryder" get it ? get it? -> "Check Writer".)

If your payroll check is drawn on a different bank than your bank then might be why you would be "Cashing it" at your bank. But if the check is drawn on the same bank you are aiming to get $$ from, then they are paying the check not CASHING it. If you think this is about splitting hairs: THE ABOVE IS SPELLED OUT IN BANKING TEXTBOOKS. The impression is that if at a bank you say you want to cash a check that is drawn on their bank --they might treat the transaction as if the check were drawn on a different bank "BECAUSE YOU ASKED FOR THAT SERVICE" and because you didn't use the 'magic words' "I am presenting this to your bank for payment" or the like.

Related: Anatomy of a Check (http://cashier.ucmerced.edu/Pages/Anatomy-of-a-check.aspx).

Michael Joseph
09-18-14, 10:28 PM
This was likely brought up before on predecessor site. However, there is a distinct difference between paying and cashing a check. "Cashing" a check is associated with getting cash out of a check from a bank when the check is drawn on another bank. When the check is drawn on the same bank then its a matter of the bank paying the check. The bottom left or left-middle usually tells you who the drawee is on a check.

So it seems to follow that:

[1] When you are presenting a check to bank and you want cash or the like and that check is drawn on that bank then CASHING is NOT what you want to do and "CASHING A CHECK" is something you want to avoid suggesting;
[2] When you are presenting a check to a bank and that check is not drawn on that bank and you want cash--then that is 'cashing' a check and is a 'special service'.

(#8 in the image above is the 'to/on/against/drawee spot'--this could extend to the middle.)
(#4 is allegedly the drawers signature.)
("Chuck Ryder" get it ? get it? -> "Check Writer".)

If your payroll check is drawn on a different bank than your bank then might be why you would be "Cashing it" at your bank. But if the check is drawn on the same bank you are aiming to get $$ from, then they are paying the check not CASHING it. If you think this is about splitting hairs: THE ABOVE IS SPELLED OUT IN BANKING TEXTBOOKS. The impression is that if at a bank you say you want to cash a check that is drawn on their bank --they might treat the transaction as if the check were drawn on a different bank "BECAUSE YOU ASKED FOR THAT SERVICE" and because you didn't use the 'magic words' "I am presenting this to your bank for payment" or the like.

Related: Anatomy of a Check (http://cashier.ucmerced.edu/Pages/Anatomy-of-a-check.aspx).

I like to take any check issued go to the bank it is drawn upon, make my demand for lawful money and sign the check WITHOUT RECOURSE and WITHOUT PREJUDICE.

Since we are engaged under the U.C.C. this is just a simple disclaimer that I cloth myself with as I will not be surety - the bank either has the fundage or it does not. If I don't want to negotiate the check for Cash, I might ASSIGN the check to a third party to settle some other concern. Of course I would demand lawful money PRIOR to making an assignment. Ref. ALLONGE.

I don't think of it as splitting hairs - there is a BIG difference between POSIT and DEPOSIT. Keep plowing, I dig it.

Regards,
MJ

ag maniac
09-20-14, 02:15 PM
Still looking forward to the SITE LAUNCH (http://www.lawfulmoneytrust.com/) MJ ;)

Michael Joseph
09-20-14, 02:43 PM
Still looking forward to the SITE LAUNCH (http://www.lawfulmoneytrust.com/) MJ ;)

I am told it will be soon. We have been under so much spiritual warfare it is hard to describe without boring you. Let me just say that I have learned to be more careful about whom I would yoke myself to. We are in the testing phase and we hope to be about the work shortly. I suppose if we had the resources we might have paid someone 15k to go and develop the site; however, we lacked those resources and as such we had to limp along - and when we get close something always happens to chop out our knees. Meaning we find a flaw in the software we are using and we had to redo. Shoot we had to completely redo the entire site based on presumptions that turned out to be false. So it has been an uphill struggle but then again anything worth doing takes dedication and discipline.

We understand that we could charge huge sums for this knowledge - we are not doing that. We consider this work to be a ministry. We are teaching others to fish for themselves so that they DO NOT NEED US. I do not seek to be king over any man. I would rather that all men come to knowledge and wisdom such that they grow two legs to stand upon for themselves. Nevertheless if one does not know he has a choice, then that one does not have a choice.

Thank you. We have two site testers working to try to break the site currently - we are hoping that we have the i's dotted and the t's crossed. There is much anticipation on both sides of the aisle. By the way, we invite all to register upon our established uses - should they desire.

We are about the MINISTRY OF RECONCILIATION.

Pro_7:4 Say unto wisdom, "Thou art my sister;"And call understanding thy close friend:

Shabbat Shalom,
Michael Joseph

ag maniac
09-20-14, 03:55 PM
Thank you MJ !!