PDA

View Full Version : bill of sale example using 2 Corinthians 13

george
10-09-14, 01:44 AM
hi all,

Ive bought and sold a few used cars over the years and have used various bill of sales in the process but heres a (i think) neat one a received from an old school junkyard when I went there for some odd/end part then spotted a wrecked truck that was the same make/model and color as the one i use except the wrecks hood wasnt faded and still has a shine.

so I asked the guy what he would take for it and he said "I'll take $75 for that hood but you can have the whole truck for $100"

turns out he was going out of business and clearing his junkyard. lucky day i guess because the truck wasnt in that bad of shape except he had already sold the engine.

anyway this is the bill of sale he gave me that I have adjusted to add "lawful money" after the dollar amount and two more lines for two witnesses as his wife was a notary and when I got this from him, she notarized it.

so I wanted to use it with two witnesses instead of notary.

so, Im wondering if the grantee/buyer can also be one of these witnesses? so I dont have to trouble two others to go with me when I buy a car.

do I need to bring myself and two others or can i (the buyer) also be a second witness so that i only need to trouble one other to take the time to tag along with me for this?

other than that what do you think of this bill of sale? Ive got many good examples but this is the only one that has the old school flair/wording and seems to really cover all the bases. sorry the formating didnt post correctly, al the signature lines are actually on the right side of the document.

thoughts and would you sign this and/or do you have other examples? one you prefer when buying stuff?

thanks

================================================== ======================================
BILL OF SALE
KNOWN ALL MEN BY THESE PRESENTS, that in consideration of:

.................................................. .................................................D ollars of lawful money, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged,
I do hereby grant, sell, transfer and deliver unto.............................................. .....................................his heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, the following:
.................................................. .................................................. .............................................

.................................................. .................................................. .............................................

Sold "as is"
To have and to hold same forever, and the said grantor hereby covenants with said grantee that he is the lawful owner of said; that it is free from all encumbrances; that he has good right to sell the same as aforesaid; and that he will defend the same against the lawful claims and demands of all persons whomsoever. the said grantor/seller has hereunto set his hand this ............ day of ....................., 20......

signed............................................ ..........................................
(grantor/seller signature)

.................................................. ....................................

(printed name)

.................................................. ....................................

(address)

(grantee/buyer signature)

(printed name)

(address)

witnessed by................................................ ......................................

(witness signature)

(printed name)

witnessed by................................................ ......................................

(witness signature)

(printed name)

================================================== ====================================

David Merrill
10-09-14, 02:34 PM
Thanks George;

Could you please scan that and sanitize it?

If you would like help just PM to me...

george
10-09-14, 04:08 PM
Thanks George;

Could you please scan that and sanitize it?

If you would like help just PM to me...

hi David,
yes i can, upon condition that one can verify that the buyer in this case is also qualified to be a second witness on this same covenant/contract in order to fulfill 2 Corinthians 13 "In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established."

in other words: can three people consisting of a buyer, a seller and a witness fulfill 2 Corinthians 13?

secondary concern is can an age of majority, immediate family member be a qualified witness?

thanks

allodial
10-10-14, 04:57 AM
George...

"I, ................................ (name of seller), do hereby"

is self-authenticating AFAIK. Also, the seller and the buyer = two witnesses. Two more witnesses not party to the transaction would make for four witnesses. To firm up the witness role one can have the seller sign again at the bottom adding a clause somewhere in the body like the following:

"In witness whereof we have set our hands or seals hereto".

Signature of the Buyer:

Signature of the Seller:

Keep in mind seals allow for deeds (one-sided contracts). The second time the seller signs the seller would be as a witness. A notary would be a third witness but the notary would also be entering the ID # in the notarial register.

hopefull
02-25-15, 01:31 AM
instead of signature, autograph
no lines
dots
period at end

names in middle of page as lawful live man
purple ink preferably

remember not to put name under as we are not under when as live man woman
witnesses to the left think
autograph: by: .......................... .

QUOTE=allodial;15168]George...

is self-authenticating AFAIK. Also, the seller and the buyer = two witnesses. Two more witnesses not party to the transaction would make for four witnesses. To firm up the witness role one can have the seller sign again at the bottom adding a clause somewhere in the body like the following:

Keep in mind seals allow for deeds (on-sided contracts). The second time the seller signs the seller would be as a witness. A notary would be a third witness but the notary would also be entering the ID # in the notarial register.[/QUOTE]

Chex
02-25-15, 03:06 PM
Absolute Bill Of Sale is a

Absolute sale is a sale in which property passes to a buyer (http://definitions.uslegal.com/a/absolute-sale/)upon completion of an agreement or bargain between the parties. An absolute sale takes place without conditions. The title is transferred by the seller to the buyer without any restrictions other than payment of an agreed-upon amount of money. A deed of absolute sale is an agreement between a seller and a purchaser legalizing purchase of a property

Absolute Bill Of Sale (http://www.printablerealestateforms.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Bill-of-Sale0001.png) Click the document for +

Search for your form (http://www.businessformtemplate.com/search.php?q=Absolute+Bill+Of+Sale)

Cached (http://98.139.21.31/search/srpcache?p=KNOWN+ALL+MEN+BY+THESE+PRESENTS%2C+that +in+consideration+of%3A%0D%0A%0D%0A............... ...................................++............. ....................................D++ollars+of+l awful+money%2C+the+receipt+of+which+is+hereby+ackn owledged&fr=ie8&ei=UTF-8&u=http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=KNOWN+ALL+MEN+BY+THESE+PRESENTS%2c+th at+in+consideration+of%3a++++..................... .............................+.................... .............................D+ollars+of+lawful+mo ney%2c+the+receipt+of+which+is+hereby+acknowledged&d=4803845027073903&mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&w=1mG2Q-qA8K6IiVvpAl9JnS5THCzc3dxW&icp=1&.intl=us&sig=SYVxkVIj.hyNQQz4u_QCug--&fr=ie8)

Since David pointed out the law that's how I do it.

allodial
02-26-15, 06:48 AM
Keep in mind that the writings are typically memorializations of things agreed upon or done.