PDA

View Full Version : What Is a Silver Certificate Dollar Worth?

Chex
05-19-15, 03:21 AM
I don’t know if you seen this but I did.

Silver certificates were issued between 1878 and 1964 in the U.S. These were representative money and part of the circulation for paper currency. The certificates were originally redeemable for their face value of silver dollar coins, and then for one year, from June of 1967 to June of 1968, for raw silver bullion.

Since 1968, silver certificates have only been redeemable in Federal Reserve Notes and are therefore basically obsolete, though the certificates are still legal tender. Source (http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/05/18/what-is-a-silver-certificate-dollar-worth.aspx)

Brian
05-19-15, 05:54 PM
I don’t know if you seen this but I did.

Silver certificates were issued between 1878 and 1964 in the U.S. These were representative money and part of the circulation for paper currency. The certificates were originally redeemable for their face value of silver dollar coins, and then for one year, from June of 1967 to June of 1968, for raw silver bullion.

Since 1968, silver certificates have only been redeemable in Federal Reserve Notes and are therefore basically obsolete, though the certificates are still legal tender. Source (http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/05/18/what-is-a-silver-certificate-dollar-worth.aspx)

All non-current U.S. coin and former legal tenders (greenbacks, national bank notes, silver and gold certs.) are still acceptable at face value. That said, spending a $20 gold double eagle for what $20 will buy today would be galactically stupid. Also collectors will buy the old notes at a premium over the face value.

pumpkin
05-20-15, 12:56 PM
They are a reminder of the evil that has been done to this confederation of states and its people.

Chex
05-20-15, 01:47 PM
You have to wonder will God ever forgive them or they going to ask the owl for forgiveness?

Brian
05-20-15, 05:51 PM
You have to wonder will God ever forgive them or they going to ask the owl for forgiveness?

This war has been going on since at least when Jesus attacked the money changers in the temple. I doubt it will end anytime soon.

KnowLaw
05-21-15, 04:33 PM
This war has been going on since at least when Jesus attacked the money changers in the temple. I doubt it will end anytime soon.
Finally, someone with some common sense in mind.

Look back in history in order to determine the course of the present.

pumpkin
05-21-15, 07:35 PM
"You have to wonder will God ever forgive them or they going to ask the owl for forgiveness?"

1 Corinthians 6:3

Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

xparte
05-22-15, 05:22 AM
There come a day in every man’s life when he looks around for ORDER and WISDOM says to himself, “I’ve got to weed out some of these owls? owl always deceive owl always forsake owl always regret owl always know Men measure success with failure God,s measure true wisdom to forgive those HOO are otherwise. .

shikamaru
05-23-15, 08:18 PM
They are a reminder of the evil that has been done to this confederation of states and its people.

Gold and silver coin are not the panacea some have been led to believe. It has its own short comings.

The hunger for more sources of gold and silver has been a driving impetus for war and slavery for the last 6000 years.
Furthermore, gold and silver coin are still subject to supply and demand as well as inflation and deflation.

xparte
05-24-15, 12:41 AM
More is Vanity to hide ones lack of gold or ones lust for it the apostasy of governments Establishment and who the alternative worship and idolatry two gold calves Dan to the north Bethel in the South Governed Bael out gold and silver chains a nation ?

shikamaru
05-31-15, 04:02 PM
More is Vanity to hide ones lack of gold or ones lust for it the apostasy of governments Establishment and who the alternative worship and idolatry two gold calves Dan to the north Bethel in the South Governed Bael out gold and silver chains a nation ?

To be perfectly honest, you don't technically have money until government creates it being that money is a creature of the law.

xparte
05-31-15, 05:45 PM
the birthplace of a nation babel is the creature of man Judea creature of god two monarchists the only salaries are government pick a state only one with the Christ is redeemed, the rest is barter given on to government corp claimed dead in law a separation from mammon is a governments function certified births and deaths of nations Christ provides its treatment and its testament render that what is governments remember what is gods.