PDA

View Full Version : NY Senate approves SAFE Act changes - Democrats opposed this :(

loveunderlaw
06-09-15, 12:28 AM
The Republican-led state Senate on Monday approved a bill that would make a variety of changes to New York's controversial gun-control law.

The measure faces an uphill fight in the Democratic-led Assembly as Senate Republicans look to reform the SAFE Act, which Gov. Andrew Cuomo and Democrats championed when it was approved in 2013.

Among the changes would include a repeal of a requirement that every purchaser of ammunition undergo a background check. The ammunition database that was part of the SAFE Act has yet to function, and the state allocated $27.7 million in 2013 to implement the law, including the creation of the database.

The bill, introduced late Friday, is sponsored by Sen. James Seward, a central New York Republican whose district includes the major gun manufacturing plant owned by Remington Arms. The bill passed the Senate, 35-26.

"These are commonsense changes, administrative changes to the SAFE Act," Seward said on the Senate floor.

http://www.pressconnects.com/story/news/local/new-york/2015/06/08/ny-safeact-bill/28712193/

Just because urban "youths" are going hog wild and shooting anyone & everyone, don't try to unlawfully restrict everyone else's 2nd Amendment rights! It's time they dealt with the real problem, instead of blaming an inanimate tool that can do nothing on it's own.

shikamaru
06-12-15, 02:03 PM
Just because urban "youths" are going hog wild and shooting anyone & everyone, don't try to unlawfully restrict everyone else's 2nd Amendment rights! It's time they dealt with the real problem, instead of blaming an in-animate tool that can do nothing on it's own.

My interpretation of the phrase 'urban "youths" is that such a phrase is a code word or dog whistle term.

My further interpretation of the remainder, "... going hog wild and shooting anyone and everyone" is the portrayal of said 'urban "youths"' as wild animals that need to be shot in kind.

ag maniac
06-12-15, 03:27 PM
Do U.S. citizens have 2nd amendment rights?

loveunderlaw
06-12-15, 09:22 PM
My interpretation of the phrase 'urban "youths" is that such a phrase is a code word or dog whistle term.

My further interpretation of the remainder, "... going hog wild and shooting anyone and everyone" is the portrayal of said 'urban "youths"' as wild animals that need to be shot in kind.

You mean like these guys ?

loveunderlaw
06-12-15, 09:24 PM
Do U.S. citizens have 2nd amendment rights?

U.S. Citizens have no rights, only privileges. They are creatures of Congress(14th Amendment "citizens" are not the same as the founders).

ag maniac
06-13-15, 01:37 AM
Thanx for the clarification....but I was being facetious in light of the OP's statement "...don't try to unlawfully restrict everyone else's 2nd Amendment rights!"

Sadly, most don't realize the privilege status they're granted by congress

shikamaru
06-14-15, 09:11 AM
You mean like these guys ?

So nice of you to confirm with evidence that you've so graciously provided that my interpretation was correct.

Now, who did they injure? What was the nature and cause of the injury?

From your picture, it doesn't appear any of the urban youth were armed.

Does a specific appearance whether by attire or pigmentation level warrant being shot on sight?

loveunderlaw
06-14-15, 02:22 PM
So nice of you to confirm with evidence that you've so graciously provided that my interpretation was correct.

Now, who did they injure? What was the nature and cause of the injury?

From your picture, it doesn't appear any of the urban youth were armed.

Does a specific appearance whether by attire or pigmentation level warrant being shot on sight?

Would you really want any of these people as your "neighbors" Shikamaru ?

http://charlestonthuglife.net/

shikamaru
06-14-15, 03:51 PM
Being "those people" have been both family and friends as well as I easily pass as one of "those people" plus having lived next to "those people" as neighbors ...

... the question becomes moot. Although, I haven't dressed in an "urban" fashion nor have I lived in "that kind of neighborhood" for quite some time.

I surmise you are Christian?

Does judging one by their mere appearance constitute as a central Christian doctrine?

Now I don't begrudge anyone for exercising their right of association, however, I do begrudge anyone preaching one thing from on side of the mouth and the contradiction from the other.

The previous statement should not be construed as an indictment against you personally, but a general statement.

allodial
06-14-15, 11:35 PM
Its interesting that hip-hop and thug/gangster music has been primarily developed and pushed by German record labels. Its PSYOPS from the top down. Actually it was during a casual conversation over tennis with a U.S. military officer near D.C. (back in the 90s) that he related how the music was coming out of Germany.

Can you blame even a good kid for packing a Glock (IMHO the modern pistols are way too complex and malfunction prone--revolver + speedloader is FTW) when he lives in a neighborhood where the cops don't reply to 911 calls and when and where the drug dealers work with cops to the extent if a drug dealer (White or Black) would rape your 14 y/o sister or 18 y/o brother cops hardly care because afterall the dealer is an "informant" and so rape and sodomy is seen as "perks" or "incentives".

On that note, would any of you want George Bush, Dick Cheney or Donald Rumsfeld, Condaleeza Rice or Hilary Clinton as your neighbor? Not saying bad or good of any of them but its a question for perspectives.

loveunderlaw
06-14-15, 11:43 PM
On that note, would any of you want George Bush, Dick Cheney or Donald Rumsfeld, Condaleeza Rice or Hilary Clinton as your neighbor? Not saying bad or good of any of them but its a question for perspectives.

That's not a hard choice at all! All of the criminal politicians like Bush, Cheney, Clintons, Obamas, etc... are the worst of all because they steal the future of whole nations. The worthless thugs usually only are capable of knocking off one neighborhood at a time.

allodial
06-14-15, 11:45 PM
That's not a hard choice at all! All of the criminal politicians like Bush, Cheney, Clintons, Obamas, etc... are the worst of all because they steal the future of whole nations. The worthless thugs usually only are capable of knocking off one neighborhood at a time.

And that is the difference the "ghetto kid" tends to contain his problems to those directly involved rather than dragging millions of souls into full-on war over petty squabbles disguised as "national security issues".