PDA

View Full Version : Re: State citizenship/nationality (Michigan)

yebliker
07-13-15, 09:22 PM
Hello all-
This may be slightly off topic to some, but I hope to get some responses.

I am planning to clarify my citizenship to the US Secretary of State et al. I would like to establish myself as a Michigan national, and I know I could file an affidavit on the public record to that effect, but I wonder about the effectiveness of that.

The way I understand it, is that we are born in a geographic place, and that determines our nationality. This status is not undesirable because it establishes rights for the man or woman, but no duties-- the duties fall entirely on the union state.

Citizenship is available from the federal government to all state nationals, and is presumed to exist based on their possession of birth certificate. I believe that the birth certificate can (among other things!) stand as evidence of state nationality.

I have a process underway to establish my status of "subject" in relation to a principality on another continent. I would like to kiss the federal government goodbye and then gargle with a strong mouthwash. I want to keep my status as a Michigan national to assert my right to stay in the union states.

I know that citizenship and nationality form a very complicated matter, but does anyone here have experience or other insight to add?

Thanks to all in advance--