PDA

View Full Version : When the police question you... QUESTION THEM BACK!

loveunderlaw
07-25-15, 05:36 PM
These people all have something in common... they were in charge of the public servant. BRAVO to these people who stand up for themselves! They deserve to be celebrated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKtMLhN_zeE

shikamaru
07-25-15, 09:57 PM
If you happen to be black coupled with increased aggressiveness on law enforcement's part, silence (and compliance) can be a life saver.

Survive the encounter. Save the belligerency for court. Don't sleep on your rights.

loveunderlaw
07-26-15, 10:38 PM
If you happen to be black coupled with increased aggressiveness on law enforcement's part, silence (and compliance) can be a life saver.

Survive the encounter. Save the belligerency for court. Don't sleep on your rights.

It's a good idea to remain polite & respectful at all times IMO. If you feel you've been wronged then hash it out in court, it won't do anyone good if you lose your life on the side of the road due to a bad attitude :(

shikamaru
08-01-15, 11:43 PM
It's a good idea to remain polite & respectful at all times IMO. If you feel you've been wronged then hash it out in court, it won't do anyone good if you lose your life on the side of the road due to a bad attitude :(

Hear, hear.

Be harmless as doves, yet as wise as serpents.

Darkmagus
08-06-15, 06:02 AM

I'm sorry, but HELL NO! I'm a grown man, dammit! As such, I refuse to be bullied, talked down to, deprived of my rights, disrespected or otherwise emasculated by another man who thinks he is somehow superior in ANY way to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating or recommending physical belligerence, but there is no way I will cower in the face of any mistreatment for no appropriate reason.

pumpkin
08-06-15, 12:26 PM
"I'm sorry, but HELL NO! I'm a grown man, dammit! As such, I refuse to be bullied, talked down to, deprived of my rights, disrespected or otherwise emasculated by another man who thinks he is somehow superior in ANY way to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating or recommending physical belligerence, but there is no way I will cower in the face of any mistreatment for no appropriate reason."

Yeah, and when you get shot and killed on the side of the road, you will miss your 4 days of fame because you are dead. If you know the law, you can decimate a police officer in court, and he is very unlikely to shoot you there. I prefer the cleaner method by avoiding it all, except the encounter on the side of the road. The cop doesn't have a clue, but he might stop some idiot drunk before he kills someone I love. Now if some cop wants to escalate a simple traffic stop, I may reconsider. I always look at it this way, the cop that knows so little about law to detain unlawfully to issue something so flimsy as a traffic ticket, just might be the guy who pulls you out of a burning vehicle after you crash.

Darkmagus
08-06-15, 04:36 PM
"Yeah, and when you get shot and killed on the side of the road, you will miss your 4 days of fame because you are dead. If you know the law, you can decimate a police officer in court, and he is very unlikely to shoot you there. I prefer the cleaner method by avoiding it all, except the encounter on the side of the road. The cop doesn't have a clue, but he might stop some idiot drunk before he kills someone I love. Now if some cop wants to escalate a simple traffic stop, I may reconsider. I always look at it this way, the cop that knows so little about law to detain unlawfully to issue something so flimsy as a traffic ticket, just might be the guy who pulls you out of a burning vehicle after you crash."

If an officer is inclined to shoot me, there is nothing I can do about that anyway. I do have enough faith in law enforcement to believe that it's unlikely to happen because I happen to speak up for myself. Again, I'm not talking about a physical altercation, I'm not stupid, I will under any circumstance, speak my mind. If I get shot for that then so be it, but I won't go down as a coward.

Chex
08-07-15, 01:49 PM
And, you may find this interesting as well: Brief on jurisdiction

Source http://www.constitution.org/juris/juris_brief.htm

shikamaru
08-07-15, 07:49 PM
I'm sorry, but HELL NO! I'm a grown man, dammit! As such, I refuse to be bullied, talked down to, deprived of my rights, disrespected or otherwise emasculated by another man who thinks he is somehow superior in ANY way to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating or recommending physical belligerence, but there is no way I will cower in the face of any mistreatment for no appropriate reason.

There is a time and a right way to fight.

If you haven't noticed, African-Americans are being shot (or strangled) to death over minor infractions by police.
Survive the encounter. Fight in court.

shikamaru
08-07-15, 07:51 PM
If an officer is inclined to shoot me, there is nothing I can do about that anyway. I do have enough faith in law enforcement to believe that it's unlikely to happen because I happen to speak up for myself. Again, I'm not talking about a physical altercation, I'm not stupid, I will under any circumstance, speak my mind. If I get shot for that then so be it, but I won't go down as a coward.

The dead can't be heard.
Roadside court is not the time for that kind of administration.

If you can keep your ego (and pride) in check, you can survive to really let them have it in court.

Think of it as a quasi-administrative hearing with all the roles of court (judge, bailiff, jury, and prosecutor) rolled up into one (police) officer.

loveunderlaw
08-08-15, 12:02 AM

Darkmagus that sounds alot like this this scenario:

10 Rules for Dealing with Police (Full-Length)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4nQ_mFJV4I

loveunderlaw
08-08-15, 12:05 AM
The dead can't be heard.

If you can keep your ego (and pride) in check, you can survive to really let them have it in court.

Think of it as a quasi-administrative hearing with all the roles of court (judge, bailiff, jury, and prosecutor) rolled up into one (police) officer.

That's where I'm coming from too, better to swallow your pride and bad attitude and make it home safely.
Check out what this law firm says about it:

How to Refuse Police Searches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kVX6NIPzB0

ag maniac
08-08-15, 02:21 PM
The dead can't be heard.

....or as my ol' man used to say back in the 60's --> "You can't fight city hall"

Most importantly, don't answer questions with statements....and don't make statements of fact ....you'll be convicting yourself. After your initial "Good day officer", and since the Supremes have said "Silence is a yes", your best reply is "Can anything I say be used against me?".

Like shik said --> make the courtroom your battlefield