PDA

View Full Version : Cops Put Black Woman in Mental Hospital Because They Didn't Believe She Owned BMW

allodial
09-14-15, 01:47 PM
Cops Put Black Woman in Mental Hospital Because They Didn't Believe She Owned BMW
The NYPD is facing a lawsuit from a woman who claims she was mistakenly put into a mental hospital, simply because police didn't believe she owned her own BMW.

Kamilah Brock, a 32-year-old banker from Long Island, was pulled over in Harlem for allegedly driving without her hands on the wheel. She was arrested, then released without charges.

"I was confused and did not know what was going on, why I was being taken into custody," Brock said to PIX11. “The officer said, 'why are you driving without your hands on the wheel?' I said I was dancing, I am at a light, he asked me to get out of the car.”

From there, things got weirder. Brock says police told her to come back for her BMW the next day, but when she arrived back at the station she claims they tricked her into being cuffed, telling her they were bringing her to get her vehicle.

Next thing she knew, paramedics were putting her in an ambulance bound for a mental health facility. The police apparently believed that Brock, whose lawyer says she has zero history of mental health problems, was delusional and did not actually have a BMW.

The lawsuit claims that Brock was held at the hospital for eight days, where she was given lithium and injected with powerful sedatives.

“He held onto me and then the doctor stuck me in the arm and I was on a stretcher and I woke up to them taking my clothes off, specifically my underwear,” Brock said in her interview with PIX11.

Medical records also show that over the course of her eight-day stay, personnel at the hospital repeatedly tried to get Brock to deny three things before she could be released: that she owned the BMW, that she was a professional banker, and that President Barack Obama followed her on Twitter.

But all three of those things happened be true, he lawyer says.

To add insult to injury, Brock says she later received a $13,000 bill from the hospital.

[Source/More (http://news.yahoo.com/lawsuit-cops-put-black-woman-223206953.html)]

shikamaru
09-15-15, 10:15 PM
Is this the new torture methodology of the NYPD since choking men to death (www.cnn.com/2014/08/01/justice/new-york-choke-hold-death/) is no longer kosher?

If this is New York's finest, I'd hate to see their worst.

Mighty fine work between an NYPD officer tackling a tennis star (http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/10/us/tennis-james-blake-tackled-by-nypd/) and this.

loveunderlaw
09-15-15, 11:02 PM
WOW, those guys are complete idiots! They need to be fired & work as janitors for the rest of their lives.

allodial
09-16-15, 07:55 AM
All police who promote civil unrest should be prosecuted under federal law for sedition or for conspiracy against rights.