PDA

View Full Version : Attorneys & Press Not Allowed In Courtroom - Courtroom Doors Locked During Hearing

loveunderlaw
09-18-15, 04:43 PM
Attorneys & Press Not Allowed In Courtroom - Courtroom Doors Locked During Public Hearing

Today a preliminary hearing was held in a murder case at the Stanislaus County Superior Court in Modesto, California. Accused in the murder case is a Modesto Defense Attorney Frank Carson, 3 officers with the California Highway Patrol, and 5 others. They are all charged with the murder of 26-year-old Korey Kauffman in 2012.

Today at the courthouse the doors to the courtroom were closed and locked with papers placed over the window. Several news agencies, attorneys, and other members of the public were not allowed into the courtroom and were not allowed to look through windows or through the doorway.

There were several attorneys who voiced their concern to the deputy and to the media calling the actions a violation of the law.

We were there to capture it all unfold on film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P81M78Gx_Gw

I've never seen so much oathbreaking & cronyism on camera before. Totally shameful on their part :(

pumpkin
09-19-15, 03:39 AM
I know for Indiana, certain proceedings must be public, and if they are not, then they did not happen by law. Public trial and public hearings usually have definitions. IMO, this was probably a void proceeding.

loveunderlaw
09-22-15, 04:40 AM
I know for Indiana, certain proceedings must be public, and if they are not, then they did not happen by law. Public trial and public hearings usually have definitions. IMO, this was probably a void proceeding.

I'm hoping that's all it was.