PDA

View Full Version : Man Awarded $70k In Seattle Police Brutality Case - The Italian guy can rest easy now

loveunderlaw
10-20-15, 11:43 PM
A Seattle man reached a settlement with the city’s police department after a group of cops were caught using excessive force during an unlawful arrest.

According to Seattle Pi, Isaac Ocak was brutally beaten by four cops in 2010. Ocak was driving his girlfriend’s car at the time when police pulled him over in West Seattle’s Westwood Village shopping mall.

After police demanded the then 23-year-old to call his girlfriend to solidify his story, he was was choked and punched in the face several times by the officers. At the time of the arrest, the officers claimed Ocak tried to harm them and was charged with “contempt of cop” and fourth-degree assault.

Dashcam footage proved the SPD wrong and the city dropped the charges. Ocak was awarded $70,000 last month and the men remained on the force. The Seattle native believes the officers aren’t aware or might not even care that they did anything wrong.

“I do not believe the officers involved regret their actions,” Ocak said. “They may feel bad for the consequences they caused the city and how their image looks but they do not regret specifically what they did to me.”

He also says how troubling it is to be reminded everyday by people in his community about the incident.

“Since this event I have tried to move and put it all behind me however it is sometimes difficult when I get called out in my community as ‘the guy that got beat up by the police,” he said.

“It's also difficult to see the same four officers still patrolling my neighborhood and not knowing what could happen if one of them ever detains me and they choose to leave video off.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhJLf_R_Nlo

allodial
10-20-15, 11:56 PM
The persons holding those offices should be fired. Police brutality and malfeasance in public office serves to undermine the peace and dignity of the land and regarding those who dress up as police officers to do such things intentionally as being subversives is well within the scope of federal and state law. It was asserted in a special case that was won and unchallenged too that the moment those holding office of police officers commit crimes their uniform becomes a mere disguise and the cover of sovereign immunity ends, everything they do beyond the lawful mark they are criminally and civilly liable. You however, go after them personally not after their office.

loveunderlaw
10-21-15, 06:32 PM
The persons holding those offices should be fired. Police brutality and malfeasance in public office serves to undermine the peace and dignity of the land and regarding those who dress up as police officers to do such things intentionally as being subversives is well within the scope of federal and state law. It was asserted in a special case that was won and unchallenged too that the moment those holding office of police officers commit crimes their uniform becomes a mere disguise and the cover of sovereign immunity ends, everything they do beyond the lawful mark they are criminally and civilly liable. You however, go after them personally not after their office.

Yes "Color Of Law" is not actual law !

allodial
10-22-15, 12:49 AM
Yes "Color Of Law" is not actual law !

Its also not lawful at all to perpetrate felonies in disguise.

If two or more persons conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or because of his having so exercised the same; or

If two or more persons go in disguise on the highway, or on the premises of another, with intent to prevent or hinder his free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege so secured—

They shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, they shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.

18 USC §241.

Color of law is another matter, that is about perpetrating felonies as a conspiracy. If its just one person disguised as a cop or any disguised as any other official, then his boss or his trainer could conceivably be a co-conspirator. That law can apply to politicians or non-politicians. Every resident of the State is under obligation to avoid undermining the King's Peace.