PDA

View Full Version : Fed Reserve Act Sec 18.

Amaz
11-17-15, 08:38 PM
I know some may not agree or have mixed views with this but this is just for my own informational purposes.

When I read Sec. 18 of the Fed Reserve Act it says that this is omitted.
My question is under what new clause or code does it state that money can be created be the obligations of the United States (the people the signature as surety or where can I find this now)

Upon the deposit with the Treasurer of the United States, (a) of any direct obligations of the United States or (b) of any notes, drafts, bills of exchange, or bankers' acceptances acquired under the provisions of this Act, any Federal reserve bank making such deposit in the manner prescribed by the Secretary of the Treasury shall be entitled to receive from the Secretary of the Treasury circulating notes in blank, duly registered and countersigned. When such circulating notes are issued against the security of obligations of the United States, the amount of such circulating notes shall be equal to the face value of the direct obligations of the United States so deposited as security; and, when issued against the security of notes, drafts, bills of exchange and bankers' acceptances acquired under the provisions of this Act, the amount thereof shall be equal to not more than 90 per cent of the estimated value of such notes, drafts, bills of exchange and bankers' acceptances so deposited as security. Such notes shall be the obligations of the Federal reserve bank procuring the same, shall be in form prescribed by the Secretary of the Treasury, shall be receivable at par in all parts of the United States for the same purposes as are national bank notes, and shall be redeemable in lawful money of the United States on presentation at the United States Treasury or at the bank of issue. The Secretary of the Treasury is authorized and empowered to prescribe regulations governing the issuance, redemption, replacement, retirement and destruction of such circulating notes and the release and substitution of security therefor. Such circulating notes shall be subject to the same tax as is provided by law for the circulating notes of national banks secured by 2 per cent bonds of the United States. No such circulating notes shall be issued under this paragraph after the President has declared by proclamation that the emergency recognized by the President by proclamation of March 6, 1933, has terminated, unless such circulating notes are secured by deposits of bonds of the United States bearing the circulation privilege. When required to do so by the Secretary of the Treasury, each Federal reserve agent shall act as agent of the Treasurer of the United States or of the Secretary of the Treasury, or both, for the performance of any of the functions which the Treasurer or the Secretary of the Treasury may be called upon to perform in carrying out the provisions of this paragraph. Appropriations available for distinctive paper and printing United States currency or national bank currency are hereby made available for the production of the circulating notes of Federal reserve banks herein provided; but the United States shall be reimbursed by the Federal reserve bank to which such notes are issued for all expenses necessarily incurred in connection with the procuring of such notes and all other expenses incidental to their issue, redemption, replacement, retirement and destruction.
[Formerly 12 USC 445 but since 1994 omitted from the U.S. Code as obsolete. As amended by acts of March 9, 1933 (48 Stat. 6); June 12, 1945 (59 Stat. 238); and Sept. 23, 1994 (108 Stat. 2293). This paragraph was in effect repealed by section 3 of the act of June 12, 1945, which provided:

David Merrill
11-18-15, 10:39 AM
I am not certain because I have not checked into it. 1944 smacks of the Bretton Woods Agreements so I presume that we are speaking about restructure in bankruptcy of the United States.