PDA

View Full Version : H.R. 1098: Free Competition in Currency Act of 2011

stoneFree
04-08-11, 08:40 PM
Ron Paul's latest ......
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h112-1098

"To repeal the legal tender laws, to prohibit taxation on certain coins and bullion, and to repeal superfluous sections related to coinage.

March 15, 2011
SEC. 2. REPEAL OF LEGAL TENDER LAWS.
(a) In General- Section 5103 of title 31, United States Code (relating to legal tender), is hereby repealed.

SEC. 3. NO TAX ON CERTAIN COINS AND BULLION.

SEC. 4. REPEAL OF SUPERFLUOUS SECTIONS.

(a) In General- Title 18, United States Code, is amended by striking sections 486 (relating to uttering coins of gold, silver, or other metal) and 489 (making or possessing likeness of coins).

(b) Conforming Amendment to Table of Sections- The table of sections at the beginning of chapter 25 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by striking the items relating to the sections stricken by subsection (a).

(c) Special Rule Concerning Retroactive Effect- Any prosecution under the sections stricken by subsection (a) shall abate upon the taking effect of this section. Any previous conviction under those sections shall be null and void."

Free competition in currency? Are you kidding me? If passed, this would mark the beginning of the end for the banking cartel. Who was it said "Good money drives out bad money?"

Oh, and it appears that Bernie Von Nothaus (Liberty Dollar founder) would walk free under 4 (c).

The revolution is happening. Thank God for Ron Paul!

Brian
04-08-11, 08:46 PM
Hey Stone, I find this part of RP's bill very revealing!

(2) no State may assess any tax or fee on any currency, or any other monetary instrument, which is used in the transaction of interstate commerce or commerce with a foreign country, and which is subject to the enjoyment of legal tender status under article I, section 10 of the United States Constitution.

Sooooo, does that mean that there IS a tax or fee in place currently? More corroborating evidence :cool: