PDA

View Full Version : No Credit - No ID Required

David Merrill
04-19-16, 01:32 PM
I love teaching about this - it seems pretty consistent banker policy, in alignment with natural (divine) law. See how the store manager easily verifies, "Oh, its Pre-Pay, nevermind."

No ID Required. (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1EaV_bU7VImelVmTllnQmNpQjg/view?usp=sharing)

P.S. Remember last time how I started getting upset? (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1EaV_bU7VImbmRfal9UYk9mbTQ/view?usp=sharing) A big fellow suddenly appears before me with threatening kinesics! This time I simply refused to discuss my reasoning. However you see my attention divert to the left, with a big fellow on my right too. This is probably all going on subconsciously but there is a distinctive push to get me into debt.

The small woman looks at the offer of assistance from the big sales agent and dismisses him. I did not get the full offer on the camera.

My take is that Information is the new currency. When they get you unable to pay, T-Mobile will gladly extend you a month or two credit - at which point they own your Information and can sell it.

Furthermore, an old man came in while I was there and the same thing. He likes walking to the store and pre-paying. I wanted to jump in and explain the reasons why he was so uncomfortable with their offer for all the benefits of post-pay, but for some reason bit my tongue.

allodial
04-19-16, 01:47 PM
Interestingly enough, someone showed me a text from one of the other cellphone companies begins with a V where they are giving a "special offer" as a kind of "bonus" in the form of an extra two weeks to pay your pre-paid bill in case you might be unable to. Same idea it seems.

On that note, I recall going to a big box store to obtain a 'wireless internet puck' as a gift. They kept telling me their policy is to require ID. Actually, I didn't have any of that kind of State ID on me. While I didn't put up any stink, a logical reason for "requiring" State ID was never given. I'm thinking if its a gift, why would I want my information associated with a device for someone else. And yes of course, there is a registration process. I asked, if I go online and buy it none of this is required, right? She said. Yes. So I was like OK I can just order it online. To make a long story short, I obtained the device and without showing any ID. Maybe they want ID so they can do a credit check and hard sell you a post-pay plan that "you can't refuse"--but first they want to do a credit check to see if you'd make a good...

...victim.