PDA

View Full Version : Strongholds

allodial
04-20-16, 11:03 AM
Strongholds

These days, for many in 'mainstream culture', the idea of liberty and freedom has become rather obtuse and marred to the extent that few seem to realize that heading unrestrained into dark territory isn't necessarily any true type of liberty or freedom. When something or someone wants to establish a destructive stronghold in your life and convince you to go along with it, exactly how free are you? A dragon will not likely try to stop you from walking straight into its mouth, instead it will likely make it as appealing as possible.

What is a stronghold?
A stronghold is a faulty thinking pattern based on lies and deception. Deception is one of the primary weapons of the devil, because it is the building blocks for a stronghold. What strongholds can do is cause us to think in ways which block us from God's best. For example, if you think you have to confess all your sins to everybody you've ever wronged, you'll feel just awful and guilty until you do all that, and even then, you'll probably feel guilty, because you probably forgot many people that you didn't confess your sins to. All unnecessary, and a waste of time, all because you were deceived and thought that you had to do something that you really didn't have to do.

An example of a stronghold at work: A common scene is somebody who is scared of God, and has a hard time feeling His love and presence. They view Him as a cruel taskmaster, and not as the God that is really is to them, and therefore, they put up there own wall which makes it hard for them to receive God's love, presence and draw close in their relationship with Him. If you saw your spouse as a rude and cruel dictator, you probably wouldn't be as apt to snuggle upto Him and love him as you would if you saw him as a loving and kind person who loves you and cares for you. If you see somebody as mean, it's hard to receive their love, isn't it? That's how our perception of God can hinder us from feeling His love and presence in our lives. It is VERY important to have a correct perception of God if we want to live victorious lives in Christ Jesus!

Two very destructive and common strongholds
The first one, where you see God incorrectly: One of the most popular and devastating strongholds to have, is an incorrect image in your mind of who God is, and how He sees us. People who see God as a taskmaster, live their lives with an unhealthy fear of God. There's a good kind of fear of God, which is more like a holy respect for Him, but there's another kind of fear that is very unhealthy that the enemy wants us to have, and it's the kind of fear where we see God as a taskmaster, cruel, cold, distant, uncaring and would snap the whip at us the moment we step out of line. People who are afraid they've committed the unpardonable sin are almost guaranteed to have this stronghold. People who find it hard to feel God's love and presence, often have this stronghold too. If you feel God is distant and cold, or question if God loves you, then you need to get this stronghold torn down.

One awesome book that will help you break down this stronghold is Blessed Beyond Measure by Gloria Copeland. It talks about the goodness of God, and it's impossible to read that book and be the same person when your done seeing the love and goodness that God wants to bless us with!

The second one, where you see yourself incorrectly: People who suffer from this have a hard time seeing the new person that they are now in Christ Jesus, and often suffer from low self-esteem. They don't understand what Christ did for them, and how it applies to their own life. Common symptoms of this stronghold are guilt feelings (questioning if you've really been forgiven of your sin(s)), low spiritual esteem (they feel like sinners, not saints), they lack spiritual confidence that we are supposed to have in Christ Jesus, they may still struggle with sin (Jesus said that if you keep in His Word, which tears down strongholds, you will be free from the power sin has over you - John 8:31-34), and overall you don't feel 'worthy' spiritually and lack the joy of the Lord in your life. If you even remotely struggle with this stronghold, the teaching Forgiven sinner or saint? is an absolute must-read!

One of the best books I've seen for tearing down this stronghold is Victory over Darkness by Neil T. Anderson. It will teach you of the new person you are now in Christ Jesus, and help you be victorious over the darkness through an understanding of your identity in Christ.

I mention common other strongholds over on the Three Stages of Bondage teaching.

How to tear down a stronghold
2 Corinthians 10:4, "For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds."

Strongholds are birthed and dwell in deception (which are lies and false beliefs), so naturally the cure is to bring the truth in God's Word on the scene. You debunk the lies of the enemy, with the truth, which is in the Word of God! The Bible says that our weapons are mighty for the tearing down of strongholds (2 Cor 10:4, "For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds."). What is our primary offensive weapon? The sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God (Eph 6:17, "...the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."). Truth dispels deception and lies, and therefore the more truth you bring into a situation, the more the darkness must flee. This is where it's important to grow in God's Word, is because it is your primary weapon for tearing down the strongholds of deception that the enemy has been feeding you.

In John 8:31-36, Jesus tells us that we can be held in bondage due to strongholds in our lives. And His solution was to, "continue in my word... and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (v. 32-32) Strongholds are torn down as we meditate on God's Word, which is truth!

A great list of Bible verses you can meditate on, which will help you tear down strongholds in your life can be found on the anti-stronghold Bible verses page: http://www.greatbiblestudy.com/bible_verses.php

Another great list of anti-stronghold confessions can be found in the Blessing Confessions list.

(Source/more (http://www.greatbiblestudy.com/strongholds.php))

ag maniac
04-20-16, 12:58 PM
I suppose in a way, strongholds could be considered either false idols.....or being fearful/timid.

Live one's life in accordance with Psalm 91 (among others), and that is THE Stronghold we were meant to live by

Michael Joseph
04-20-16, 01:34 PM
I suppose in a way, strongholds could be considered either false idols.....or being fearful/timid.

Live one's life in accordance with Psalm 91 (among others), and that is THE Stronghold we were meant to live by

2Th 3:5 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.

We must be ever so careful to guard our hearts from the false dogma that we should only love to get. Unfortunately strongholds are being erected in the heart/mind of man and man does not even have a clue that these are being formed in him. Mostly when I view the 7 religions of this age I see satanism - which is to say self interest. I hear it all the time expressed if you ain't with us - type of stuff. This is an elevation of Love of Self or "love of the creature". This so called creature is elevated above the Creator. And this of course can never last and so enters disappointment and frustration.

Remember the scene in the Matrix part II where the Merovingian's wife forced Neo to kiss her? This is akin to taking the Kingdom by Force. It is false love and it can never last. Do you remember what she said after she kissed him? She said she envied Trinity and furthermore that it will not last. This condition of false love is what false religion is used to. As such, she will always say "get all you can today - in the name of peace and love - because it ain't gonna last forever." But the Love of God written in our hearts does last forever!

This Love is unqualified and when it comes it releases the need for other conditional laws. Meaning one does what is right because one loves his brethren. There is no need for traffic signs when one has Love written in his heart - one will obey those traffic laws because of the Love expressed - for Love is the source and not Duty.

Notice too that their is a Power of Direction in the Administration of the Kingdom of God - thusly there is a required submission to a Higher Power. And we can say "Who shall lay any charge against God's Elect". For who shall stand against God? Therefore, we are to listen carefully and always seek the face and path and shadow of the Almighty.

Psa 91:1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
Psa 91:2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

Nevertheless does this nullify the world estates? Absolutely not. Does this mean the NWO will not come to exist? Absolutely Not. It will come to exist and those who fight against it do so to their own peril. In fact to fight against it is to validate it. And even much more than validation is that to fight against it gives the system evidence it needs to squash the rebellion - in the name of peace. These things will come to pass but we should not fear. Have you read Ezekiel 13? You might take a look at it. it is just another proof of our world today.

=====

This just in from a friend of mine:

MJ wrote: Also take note the "season of the locusts" is May-Sept = 5 months or 150 days. Revelation agrees with Genesis = season of the locusts - see Book of Joel.

Response by GR: Yes you are correct regarding the locust, they have a major bloom every " 17 " years - there is the number 8, as in a 8th day circumcision, we either mentally circumcise ourselves, or YHVH will do it for us. The choice is now being made, this is a very unique time.

=====

Essentially the problem is CHOICE. Some believe that man should not have choice. I believe that the "foundational principle" in the Kingdom of God is FREEDOM. But freedom means that I may use what is for my good in a negative manner and in doing so I may bring judgment upon my own head. Thusly with freedom comes full liability for my choices. Therefore he who would promote no choice in man - promotes total control of man = slavery of the many by the few.

Therefore Forced Peace is no peace at all for it does not originate from Love! Let it be Love brethren. Examine yourself - for Jesus disciplined his disciples.

Upon careful examination, you may be surprised to find how many Alters have been erected in you. Thusly we in the Power of God in Christ tear down those Alters and erect the Alters in Worship to the Creator. Who is forever praised - Amen.

Nevertheless when Love comes it does not release one from the Letter of the Law. This is the KEY DIFFERENCE. The Saints keep the Law and this is how they Love. For Jesus said IF you Love me, then keep my commandments. Jesus is The Word - thusly we rightly divide all of it. And we do it and in doing is the Love expressed. For again, Jesus said "why do you call me Lord and do not obey me?" Consider that one in regard to State.

It seems there is so much self absorbed love these days that Faith appears to be waning - the moon is turning Red - and the Sun [Love] is growing dark [cold]. And thusly we read the heart grows cold. For there is no Love of God in the Heart of man - those Alters have been torn down.

Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Isa 36:4 And Rabshakeh said unto them, Say ye now to Hezekiah, Thus saith the great king, the king of Assyria, What confidence is this wherein thou trustest?

Isa 36:5 I say, sayest thou, (but they are but vain words) I have counsel and strength for war: now on whom dost thou trust, that thou rebellest against me?

Isa 36:6 Lo, thou trustest in the staff of this broken reed, on Egypt; whereon if a man lean, it will go into his hand, and pierce it: so is Pharaoh king of Egypt to all that trust in him.

Isa 36:7 But if thou say to me, We trust in the LORD our God: is it not he, whose high places and whose altars Hezekiah hath taken away, and said to Judah and to Jerusalem, Ye shall worship before this altar?

Isa 36:8 Now therefore give pledges, I pray thee, to my master the king of Assyria, and I will give thee two thousand horses, if thou be able on thy part to set riders upon them.

Isa 36:9 How then wilt thou turn away the face of one captain of the least of my master's servants, and put thy trust on Egypt for chariots and for horsemen?

Comment: Let us now turn and return to the House of God - for thereof is our Foundation.

Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Comment: This lovely woman keeps the Law of God and thus Loves God and man.

THEREFORE the system loves it when folks fight against it! Do you see why? The only way to win is NOT to play the game. To play the game is to give validation to the systems principles and authority. Don't you see that we are dealing with PRINCIPLES OF THOUGHT which undergird the State? These principles of thought are Strongholds.

And thusly these principles must be put on trial and examined whether or not they work. Do not fear - if the primary mover is not of Love - then the principle will fail - for it is in Outer Darkness.

Shalom,
MJ

allodial
04-21-16, 01:33 AM
...we either mentally circumcise ourselves, or YHVH will do it for us. The choice is now being made, this is a very unique time.

There is a process called regeneration (kukis.org/Doctrines/circumcisionregeneration.pdf) which is done from without but occurs inwardly.

...locusts

Generally: creeping things (http://biblehub.com/topical/i/insects.htm).

Essentially the problem is CHOICE. Some believe that man should not have choice. I believe that the "foundational principle" in the Kingdom of God is FREEDOM. But freedom means that I may use what is for my good in a negative manner and in doing so I may bring judgment upon my own head. Thusly with freedom comes full liability for my choices. Therefore he who would promote no choice in man - promotes total control of man = slavery of the many by the few.

Being under the control of a demonic spiritual influence or under subjection to the body isn't necessarily the kind of freedom the scriptures promote.

THEREFORE the system loves it when folks fight against it! Do you see why? The only way to win is NOT to play the game. To play the game is to give validation to the systems principles and authority. Don't you see that we are dealing with PRINCIPLES OF THOUGHT which undergird the State? These principles of thought are Strongholds.

Ever play freeze tag? Where in the rules does it say anyone has to leave home base?

Re: Love
Love does not necessarily mean:

1. being someone's carpet;
2. allowing oneself to be abused or mistreated;
3. allowing someone to engage in destructive conduct to your detriment or to the detriment of others though they may choose to afflict themselves;
4. letting someone be totally free of exhortation, edification because they'd rather be deaf than know the truth.

Punishment or reprimand for a wrong-doing is an act of love in that it teaches a soul the right way to go. If you hate someone, for example, you might not tell them that the bridge has collapsed as they travel on a dark road. If you hate a child of yours you might allow the child to persist in a clearly destructive behavior without correction. The idea of equating condemnation with hatred is errant. Righteous indignation is entirely different in contrast with the judgement of hypocrites.

Allowing one or more men or women to do things that would harm or injure innocents or others is not necessarily love. What about the innocents? Forgiving someone for shooting you in your leg and robbing on a dark night as they leave you laying on the floor is one thing, but allowing them to persist in that behavior to the hurt of others without so much as a prayer, hmm dunno if that is the kind of love and forgiveness upon which Yeshua/Jesus held foundations.