PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Birth Certificate

Richard Earl
04-17-11, 02:02 PM
I was looking at my Ontario birth certificate yesterday and I noticed something interesting with my last name and province of birth. For background information, I'm currently living in Illinois as a Permanent Resident Alien.

I've attached a sanitized picture of the certificate.

http://www.aspworld.com/private/birth-cert-on-sanitized.jpg

As a side humor, there appears to be a nosy resident alien in the picture itself! ;)

Anyone have any thoughts?

Goldi
04-18-11, 12:37 AM
Although I am not commenting specifically on your question;

"Statement of Live Birth", kinda rings familar, as in "Manufacturer's Statement of Origin" on a car.

Office of the Registrar-General. Hmmmmm. He's the one who should be getting all the bills for the cargo/res registered through his office. Just making a comment, not an assertion.

David Merrill
04-18-11, 04:27 AM
It is hard to tell if that is a strikethrough or underline under the family nomen (surname). Definitely interesting though is that there is a different line for Surname and All Given Names.

Richard Earl
04-18-11, 07:19 AM
Yea, it could look like the (surname) is underlined rather than a striketrough. The province is obvious. I really have no idea what effect if any this has. I just found it interesting.

I see what you mean by the multiple lines, the arrows they added suggest that she completed it incorrectly... lol

David Merrill
04-18-11, 10:00 AM
You have something titling your mother as Informant?

Richard Earl
04-18-11, 12:15 PM
Yes.. I will take a picture of the signature section and post it.

http://www.aspworld.com/private/birth-cert-bottom.jpg

I looked at my girlfriend's birth certificate (Illinois, US 1976) and it says informant in the mother's signature box as well.

David Merrill
04-18-11, 02:04 PM
Thanks!!

Hey! You are a twin? I bet if you could get your sibling to redeem lawful money in Canada that would be like four people redeeming lawful money!!

I have heard Mom is the Informant but never had a picture of it. Thank you.

John Booth
04-18-11, 06:55 PM
Thoughts:

yes I say underline of COOK; now take your pick, titles are underlined and corrections to be performed are underlined.

and I say strikethrough of ONTARIO; as in remove it. otherwise it would literally be an event that occurred at HAILEYBURY, ONTARIO, ONTARIO; makes for tough jurisdiction determination [offers]

Richard Earl
04-18-11, 07:44 PM
No, I'm not a twin. That's the number of children the mother gave live births.

Interesting thoughts John. I agree with Ontario, it's asking for a location (city).

motla68
04-18-11, 08:26 PM
It appears that it is quite clear the Original Certificate of Live Birth is held in trust if the only thing we can obtain is Copies of the original:

Florida Statutes: 32.025 (4)
CERTIFIED COPIES OF ORIGINAL CERTIFICATES.—Only the state registrar and local registrars are authorized to issue any certificate which purports to be a certified copy of an original certificate of live birth, death, or fetal death.

They even call it safety paper so there is an interest to protect the person(paper form):

" certification that contains an embossed seal incorporated into the safety paper, which meet requirements established by Homeland Security and other national and international groups."
source: http://www.doh.state.fl.us/planning_eval/vital_statistics/birth_death.htm

Yes, John Booth. Ontario does registers events and not people, here is a image clip of a document from Ontario Vital Records:

David Merrill
04-19-11, 02:18 AM
Thank you for that image Motla68!

John Booth
04-19-11, 03:13 AM
It appears that it is quite clear the Original Certificate of Live Birth is held in trust if the only thing we can obtain is Copies of the original:

sorta sounds like 'they' have no trust in you being a responsible fiduciary and that is why only copies are available; of course their tolerance is high, they let folks be hoist upon their own petard or son tort on a daily basis.

motla68
04-19-11, 03:22 AM
Thank you for that image Motla68!

Welcome, hope to have more interesting images in the near future as I make inquiries of documents.