PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Perspective

Richard Earl
05-03-11, 12:25 PM
"Facebook, Google, Yahoo -- all these major U.S. organizations have built-in interfaces for U.S. intelligence."

Assange added, "It's not a matter of serving a subpoena. They have an interface that they have developed for U.S. intelligence to use."

Read more:
Fox News Article (http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/05/03/wikileaks-founder-assange-blasts-facebook-appalling-spying-machine/#ixzz1LI8iw4uO)

... Interesting perspective...

David Merrill
05-03-11, 01:32 PM
Know who you are. Know the remedy. Develop good record-forming habits.

A real hotty at church gave me her legal name and told me to find her on Facebook. I am not on Facebook so I couldn't. After a few minutes I just decided she was saying, No, but politely...

Richard Earl
05-03-11, 09:13 PM
Interestingly, I have a Facebook account in my true name with a copy of my certificate of search and demand for lawful money posted. :)

David Merrill
05-03-11, 09:45 PM
That's pretty cool! Does it draw interesting comments?

shikamaru
05-03-11, 11:09 PM
Know who you are. Know the remedy. Develop good record-forming habits.

A real hotty at church gave me her legal name and told me to find her on Facebook. I am not on Facebook so I couldn't. After a few minutes I just decided she was saying, No, but politely...

You should have found another route to "get your mack on".... LOL .... :D

David Merrill
05-04-11, 12:47 AM
Now and again, my mind wanders back to that moment. I was so naive'.

Fishing in the email...

FBI using surveillance software to track suspects online

Documents recently obtained through a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request reveal detailed information about the FBI's electronic surveillance capabilities. The Electronic Frontier Foundation (https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2011/04/CIPAV_Post) (EFF) filed the FOIA request in 2007 after it was reported that the agency was using "secret spyware."

The documents show that software called the Computer and Internet Protocol Address Verifier (CIPAV) was used by the FBI since at least 2001. The software allows the FBI to collect a variety of information from a computer every time it connects to the Internet, including the IP address, Media Access Control (MAC) address, open communication ports, list of the programs running, URLs visited, and more.

It is unclear how the FBI installs the software on a computer, but it is suspected that the spyware exploits a vulnerability in the user's browser, like other common Internet viruses.

The documents also suggest the FBI frequently uses the software during investigations, including domestic criminal cases and Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) cases.

The the U.S. Air Force, Naval Criminal Investigative Service and Joint Task Force-Global Network Operations, as well as foreign governments, have expressed interest in obtaining the software for their own use.

In February, the FBI urged members of the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism and Homeland Security to update the Communications Assistance to Law Enforcement Act (CALEA) (http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/02/17/fbi-urges-congress-to-expand-internet-wiretapping/) and make it easier for authorities to eavesdrop on Internet.

The act was passed in 1994 and requires telecommunication companies to design their equipment and services to ensure that law enforcement and national security officials can monitor telephone and other communications whenever necessary.

The proposal to expand CALEA would require companies involved in online communications to re-engineer their software so that law enforcement could easily access it.

"These documents show the FBI already has numerous tools available to surveil suspects directly, rather than through each of their communications service providers," Jennifer Lynch of the EFF said. (https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2011/04/CIPAV_Post)

"A device that remains 'persistent' on a 'compromised computer' is certainly concerning," she added. "However, if the FBI obtains a probable cause-based court order before installing tools like CIPAV, complies with the minimization requirements in federal wiretapping law by limiting the time and scope of surveillance, and removes the device once surveillance concludes, the use of these types of targeted tools for Internet surveillance would be a much more narrowly tailored solution to the FBI’s purported problems than the proposal to undermine every Internet user's privacy and security by expanding CALEA."

--
CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE 3527. The law helps the vigilant,
before those who sleep on their rights.

"A statute does not trump the Constitution."
People v. Ortiz, (1995) 32 Cal.App.4th at p. 292, fn. 2
Conway v. Pasadena Humane Society (1996) 45 Cal.App.4th 163

A statutory privilege cannot override a defendant's constitutional
right. People v. Reber, (1986) 177 Cal.App.3d. 523 [223 Cal.Rptr.
139}; Vela v. Superior Ct, 208 Cal.App.3d. 141 [255 Cal.Rptr. 921],
however, "the judiciary has a solemn obligation to insure that the
constitutional right of an accused to a fair trial is realized. If
that right would be thwarted by enforcement of a statute, the state
...must yield."
Vela v. Superior Ct., 208 Cal.App.3d. 141 [255 Cal.Rptr. 921

Obviously, administrative agencies, like police officers must obey
the Constitution and may not deprive persons of constitutional rights.
Southern Pac. Transportation Co. v. Public Utilities Com., 18 Cal.3d 308
[S.F. No. 23217. Supreme Court of California. November 23, 1976.]

If evidence of a fact is clear, positive, uncontradicted and
of such nature it cannot rationally be disbelieved, the court
must instruct that fact has been established as a matter of law.
Roberts v. Del Monte Properties Co., 111 CA2d. 69 (1952)

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to
worry about answers.
Thomas Pynchon

They will do whatever we let them get away with.
Joseph Heller

shikamaru
05-04-11, 01:13 PM
Nothing new. The Internet is an unsecure medium .... period.
If you want privacy, then you pretty much have to remove yourself from the Internet.

David Merrill
05-04-11, 02:00 PM
I have always trusted that any formal investigator may find about anything they want to know about me easily.

That is the importance of Record-Forming, identity and redeeming lawful money. These ingredients bring you back into the IN GOD WE TRUST era of American financial development. Albeit, as Motla68 and Michael Joseph point out, the military is in occupation of the money supply and real estate, you have a higher ability and title - clear of any first lien by the Treasury (post 1913). And that remedy, for that era, is open to citizens of the US too so that starts no debate about sovereignty.

The identity issue though - that opens the door to Israel, the basis of the monetizing of sin in Christianity - (Jesus being the ultimate blood sacrifice) and then there is even one step (at least) beyond - The Elect; Orders of Melchizedek and Jerusalem - King of Righteousness and Prince of Peace.

Note the bottom paragraph:

Richard Earl
05-04-11, 03:02 PM
That's pretty cool! Does it draw interesting comments?

none so far :)