PDA

View Full Version : Enforcement of SSN on debit cards in the future?

Richard Earl
05-24-11, 11:43 PM
"Brian McGinley, senior vice president of Data Risk Management for Identity Theft 911, said that although a Social Security number is needed to actually purchase a card, oftentimes there is no due diligence on behalf of the seller to ensure the number is valid. For this reason, a potential money launderer's identity is rarely obtained when buying a prepaid card, allowing them to operate under the radar."

"One of the reasons a [Social Security number] was needed was to create some semblance of an audit trail," McGinley said. "The prepaid card was meant to have helped those who can't have a bank account have access to cash."

Read more: http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/2011/05/24/prepaid-cards-money-launderers/#ixzz1NJgTjlSo

Why is SSN always tied to the word identity! Why don't they just tag all newborn baby's ears with a personal identification number!

shikamaru
05-25-11, 03:03 PM
I thought an SSN was not be used for purposes of identification?

Michael Joseph
05-25-11, 03:56 PM
I thought an SSN was not be used for purposes of identification?

The SSN today in my opinion helps to identify the CONSTRUCTIVE TRUST that results in the insurrectionary behavior of all the ones running around claiming "my property".

1861 Confiscation Act.

If one wants to believe that number identifies them; then well there you go. Enjoy that.

I believe I can see the State seal on the CERTIFICATE OF BIRTH.

Richard Earl
05-25-11, 04:40 PM
I believe the original intent of the SSN was for SS benefits. Now, every company and their mother asks for it. It's ridiculous.

Interesting post MJ, thank you for that.

Trust Guy
05-25-11, 05:17 PM
I believe the original intent of the SSN was for SS benefits.

That is correct.

Back in ‘87 , Bun ran an OMB Review on the number associated with the SS - 5 Application , 0960 - 0066 .

Pertinent parts of what she got back .

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/220b2cbe9c.jpg

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/a0cf7771d8.jpg

David Merrill
05-25-11, 08:37 PM
I am having difficulty interpreting that last image.

I say that the signatures on the bills you pay with for the debit card cover everything. You are not obligated to give anybody any information about yourself or your trust relationships for that matter - unless you are applying or receiving credit (a benefit).

I actually have to pay between $5 and $10 for the use of a debit card. I don't owe them anything more.

David Merrill
05-25-11, 11:22 PM
Click here (http://savingtosuitorsclub.net/dynamics/attachment.php?attachmentid=34&d=1306365368) and listen and look.

In the "fiasco" file forgive me how long it took to realize the Chinese girl had memorized her script, and kept misapplying it. We went around in circles because I could not get her to switch my call to her supervisor. Then I got somebody who understood English much better.

In a nutshell they will give me a debit card without any Information but only for 60 Days. Then I have to use the remainder by activating it until midnight by phone.

Richard Earl
05-26-11, 12:01 AM
and activating it requires a SSN?

Richard Earl
05-26-11, 12:06 AM
I only have a debit card. My situation is one that it was opened via Wal-Mart as a source of payroll "direct deposit". It is a prepaid account, no overdraft, no interest, no fees, nothing. I do believe, however, that the SSN is attached to it as I imagine Wal-Mart would have passed all the employee info when opening the account.

David Merrill
05-26-11, 01:30 AM
and activating it requires a SSN?

Yes. But my funds are available without activation. They have to give me my money back or that is theft and unlawful diversion. I have a few more recordings around, I may find them.

I have to pay $10 for my new card because I cannot reload an unactivated card. I get more for my fee by buying the full $500 debit card. I will get a photo of the new cards at the store because they have a plainer notice on the front; something like:

YOU MUST ACTIVATE THIS CARD BEFORE YOU USE IT

There was one card with about $4 on it and I got to squabbling with a supervisor. He suggested that I have somebody else activate my card. I grunted with a sound like, That might be a good idea. We hung up and that was enough; I lost my $4. I am glad I did not have $400 on that card - he revoked it on the suggestion of my fraud.

Goldi
05-26-11, 03:12 AM
"The SSN today in my opinion helps to identify the CONSTRUCTIVE TRUST that results in the insurrectionary behavior of all the ones running around claiming "my property".
1861 Confiscation Act. If one wants to believe that number identifies them; then well there you go. Enjoy that. I believe I can see the State seal on the CERTIFICATE OF BIRTH."

What this amounts to is A STATE GRANTED FRANCHISE. However, they do not want you to understand that you granted the franchise, they are the trustee of the franchise and you are the beneficiary of the franchise. Franchises are more well known as 2 party contracts, but as we all know, OR SHOULD KNOW, there is no such thing as 2 party contracts with any gov/agency of gov or any bank.

shikamaru
05-26-11, 10:45 AM
"The SSN today in my opinion helps to identify the CONSTRUCTIVE TRUST that results in the insurrectionary behavior of all the ones running around claiming "my property".
1861 Confiscation Act. If one wants to believe that number identifies them; then well there you go. Enjoy that. I believe I can see the State seal on the CERTIFICATE OF BIRTH."

What this amounts to is A STATE GRANTED FRANCHISE. However, they do not want you to understand that you granted the franchise, they are the trustee of the franchise and you are the beneficiary of the franchise. Franchises are more well known as 2 party contracts, but as we all know, OR SHOULD KNOW, there is no such thing as 2 party contracts with any gov/agency of gov or any bank.

Social Security would be a federal franchise.
What's interesting about Social Security is that it isn't property....

Richard Earl
05-27-11, 03:21 PM
Yes. But my funds are available without activation. They have to give me my money back or that is theft and unlawful diversion. I have a few more recordings around, I may find them.

I have to pay $10 for my new card because I cannot reload an unactivated card. I get more for my fee by buying the full $500 debit card. I will get a photo of the new cards at the store because they have a plainer notice on the front; something like:

YOU MUST ACTIVATE THIS CARD BEFORE YOU USE IT

There was one card with about $4 on it and I got to squabbling with a supervisor. He suggested that I have somebody else activate my card. I grunted with a sound like, That might be a good idea. We hung up and that was enough; I lost my $4. I am glad I did not have $400 on that card - he revoked it on the suggestion of my fraud.

I see. So unactivated cards can only be used until the original amount placed on the card is spent and cannot be reloaded?

David Merrill
05-27-11, 05:16 PM
I see. So unactivated cards can only be used until the original amount placed on the card is spent and cannot be reloaded?

Right. It costs $5 to reload a card and $10 for a new one.

I do not carry the card and my signature is the three-digit Security Code on the back. I memorize the number and the expiration date so getting a new card is a bit more of a hassle for me being that I have to memorize an new number.