PDA

View Full Version : Religion - My take

Metheist
03-04-11, 07:39 PM
RELIGION (http://counterthespianage.com/religion.html)

Sovereignty
03-06-11, 04:30 AM
My belief is religion is used to control the population.

A thinking man would understand this, all the rest 'believe'.

David Merrill
03-06-11, 04:53 PM
My belief is religion is used to control the population.

A thinking man would understand this, all the rest 'believe'.

A thinking man goes on to ponder what it is about religion that can be used to control the populace.

Sovereignty
03-06-11, 10:44 PM
A thinking man goes on to ponder what it is
about religion that can be used to control the populace.

The future promise of freedom, justice in the hereafter?

David Merrill
03-06-11, 11:46 PM
The future promise of freedom, justice in the hereafter?

Hope! That's a good answer.

I did not ask because I pretend to know. It is one thinking man to another!!

Joshua Scott
03-07-11, 10:33 AM
Perhaps religion is man made, and each sect attempts to joinder God with their various renditions... Maybe God hates religion, and gets wrongfully coupled with the ills of mans distorted belief.

David Merrill
03-07-11, 11:15 AM
Perhaps religion is man made, and each sect attempts to joinder God with their various renditions... Maybe God hates religion, and gets wrongfully coupled with the ills of mans distorted belief.

I read an interesting post from somewhere yesterday... [Being Monday, I would need to find it among a week's worth of History.]

It went something like,

When the universe stops expanding there will be a moment when time stops and God will be at an equilibrium. It will be like God seeing Himself in a mirror. That is the Second Coming in Christianity.

I also heard a discussion about Noah yesterday. The debate about what exactly it means that he saw his father's nakedness. It brought to mind a small congregation called The Church of Noah. Of course short of heavy rainstorms, there is not much to go on by way of doctrine so its inherents drink a lot! I am still not sure if the website I read about it was a comedy act or not. I suppose it may have been a real religion. I am thinking the proverbial holding somebody's hair back (while they confer with the ancients at the bottom of the toilet bowl) could be considered piety.

There are a lot of people who distinguish spirituality from religion. They seem to be good people and much easier to get along with, in my opinion than those who protect and apologize for religion. There are some like James Timothy TURNER with RAP/RuSA who utilize religion to create the illusion (https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B1EaV_bU7VImYmU2MTllNTYtYWI4ZS00OTQ3LTljZ DgtNzhlMzg3YjAxNWE0&hl=en) they are righteous. This part of that saga got heated around religion, if you have the time to listen anyway; Dale LIVINGSTON, Esquire attempted to usurp Tim's congregation. LIVINGSTON (https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B1EaV_bU7VImYWZlYzFlZDQtNWE0MS00YTQxLWJiY TUtMTE2YzI1MTkzYThi&hl=en). TURNER's response (https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B1EaV_bU7VImYmVjMWFhNzQtYTc4ZS00MGFlLThlM WYtNmU4NjIxNTg1Yjg1&hl=en).

So if the God of Creation has feelings as we understand them, I would not at all be surprised if He hates religion.

Regards,

David Merrill.

Joshua Scott
03-08-11, 07:45 PM
I listened to most of both LIVINGSTON and TURNER'S response. I see what you mean!

Sovereignty
03-09-11, 01:42 AM
My take on 'religion' is this:

Religion has everything to do with God,

yet God, has nothing to do with religion.

[God, being the 'creative force' in the universe]

David Merrill
03-09-11, 03:21 AM
That is food for thought. I want to pick up more about Dr. Dale LIVINGSTON soon in relation to my own Patroon heritage. While listening to his first 35 minutes I was busy Googling and came across some amazing facts of history. The VAN PELT milestone (http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/3596/vanpeltmilestone.jpg)sets in the Brooklyn Historical Society; but you have to take in the setting and context fully. I hope to explain it fully so that you all can grasp what I am saying.

Treefarmer
03-09-11, 03:32 AM
My take on 'religion' is this:

Religion has everything to do with God,

yet God, has nothing to do with religion.

[God, being the 'creative force' in the universe]

According to the Bible (KJV) there is a religion which is endorsed by the Creator.
James 1:27 says:
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, [and] to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Axe
03-10-11, 11:45 PM
Hello!

The following is my opinion. I do not know the mind of
God, any more than any one else here. I welcome and
cherish the opportunity for discussion.

In my opinion, "religion" is an abomination to the Lord.

True Christianity is a relationship with God.

Religion is represented perfectly in the Bible by the
Pharisees. The idea that it's all about conforming to
"laws" above faith and relationship.

Jesus was at direct odds with "religion" which in the Bible
was a direct method or system of control.

In fact, it was "religion" that bore the ultimate responsibility
for the crucifixion of the Christ.

Through the ages "Christianity" has been perverted and twisted
until it is unrecognizable, just as Jesus was beaten until He was
unrecognizable. Isaiah 52:14

Even today, whenever the mainstream media does a story about
"Christianity" they almost always show some footage they have
of the pope! Like that's Christianity.

A group that prays to the Virgin Mary (forbidden in the scriptures)
as well as calling any man "father" other than your Father in heaven.

They prop a "man" up as the High Priest, which is the role of Jesus
to Christians. Jesus is our High Priest, it is through His petition alone
that we enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

But if they didn't do that, they couldn't tie Christianity to the crusades,
or any other abomination they ascribe to Christianity.

It wasn't until the Reformation that people were exposed to the truth
of what Christianity is.

I believe the Evil One, the God of this world, is behind every jot and tittle
ever written toward the bondage of man from the begging till now.

2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,
lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

The Dark One has one purpose, to sit on the mountain of God and be worshiped as God.

In the Bible, God's Holy Mountain I believe shows or represents a system of government.
Horns represent kingship. Kings preside over systems of government.

The same is represented from Daniel to Revelation. I believe people looking for the
False Prophet and the Antichrist should look toward "empires, or systems of government"
rather than men.

What is the current organized structure of religion other than a system of government?

Kindly,

Tom

Frederick Burrell
03-12-11, 08:38 AM
The creator, God, supreme being does not exist in the dead letters of a book, but is written in the heart of men. Put know man between you and your concept of God, by what ever name you call I am. If you would find the truth, put aside all preconceived Ideas and just simply ask. What father when his son asks for bread gives him a stone.