PDA

View Full Version : Court Cases supporting Right to Travel

Reigne
06-03-11, 10:03 AM
Here is a compilation of court cases supporting Traveling is a Right, not a privilege. :)

Barron v Burnside - 121 US 186

Boone v Clark - 214 SW 607

Buchanan v Warley - 245 US 60, 74

Chicago Motor Coach v Chicago - 169 NE 22

Cummins v Jones - 155 P. 171

Deibel v Dreiss - 50 NE 2d 1000 (1943)

Ferrante Equipment Co v Foley Machinery Co - NJ 213 A.2d 208, 211, 49 NJ 432

Gardner v City of Brunswick - 28 SE 2d 135

Hadfield v Lundin - 98 Wn 657; 168 P. 516

Hale v Henkel - 201 US 43

Hoke v Henderson - 15 NC 15, 25 AM Dec.677

In re Hong Wah - 82 Fed 623

Kent v Dulles - 357 US 116, 125

Ligare v Chicago - 28 NE 934

McKevitt et al v. Golden Age Breweries Inc - 126 P.2d 1077 (1942)

Miranda v Arizona - 384 US 436, 491 (1966)

Murdock v Pannsylvania - 319 US 105

O'Conner v. City of Moscow - 69 Idaho 37

Packard v Banton - 44 SCt 257, 264 US 140

Parish of Morehouse v Brigham - 6 S 257

Parish v Thurston - 87 Ind 437 (1882)

People v Nothaus - 147 Colo 210

Robertson v Dept of Public Works - 180 Wash 133 at 139

Rogers Construction Co v Hill, Or - 384 P.2d 219, 222, 235 Or 352

Spann v City of Dallas - 235 SW 513

State v City of Spokane - 109 Wn 360; 186 P. 864

State v Johnson - 243 P.1073

Thompson v Smith (Chief of Police) - 154 SE 579, 580

Weirich v State - 140 Sis 98

Wells v Zenz - 236 P. 485

Western Turf Assn. v Greenberg - 204 US 359

Williams v Fears - 343 US 270, 274

allodial
06-03-11, 06:23 PM
There are rights of citizens. There are also rights that are antecedent to the existence of, say, the United States. Public citizens such as soldiers might have their 'movement' subject to restrictions. Are you a public citizen?

Reigne
06-04-11, 01:17 AM
Are you a public citizen?

I would have to answer "Yes" to that Q because
1. I speak freely
2. I speak publicly
3. I am assumed to be a 'citizen'.

I hope I answered your Q satisfactorily. ;o)

shikamaru
06-04-11, 01:59 AM
I would have to answer "Yes" to that Q because
1. I speak freely
2. I speak publicly
3. I am assumed to be a 'citizen'.

I hope I answered your Q satisfactorily. ;o)

Citizenship is a status claimed or presumed.
You would have had to commenced some positive action in order to become a citizen.
You have even affirmed this status en manu.

Reigne
06-04-11, 03:42 AM
Citizenship is a status claimed or presumed.
You would have had to commenced some positive action in order to become a citizen.
You have even affirmed this status en manu.

Okay - citizenship is presumed ... How do I clarify my Nationality?
I only commenced to citizenship because of
a.) my parents ignorance
b.) my own ignorance (which could have only happened cuz of what my parents/elders told me)

Ok you lost me on the "en manu" thingy ... please clarify.
Another issue I personnally come upon is Nationality ... I was born in Nevada but have lived in numerous States .... how do I get a State Nationality ?? Again, it seems I'm begging (requesting/registering) for something. So now my confusion sets in again regarding Birth & Nationality

I apologize for seemingly going off topic, but nationality and BC appear to coincide with each other, since one can claim to be a US Citizen or a State National ... right? I believe there is a difference between a US citizen and a national (state or USofA)....Maybe by proclaiming our Nationality we can clarify our Soveriengnty/Freedom/Liberty to TPTB?

shikamaru
06-04-11, 04:39 PM
Okay - citizenship is presumed ... How do I clarify my Nationality?
I only commenced to citizenship because of
a.) my parents ignorance
b.) my own ignorance (which could have only happened cuz of what my parents/elders told me)

Ok you lost me on the "en manu" thingy ... please clarify.
Another issue I personnally come upon is Nationality ... I was born in Nevada but have lived in numerous States .... how do I get a State Nationality ?? Again, it seems I'm begging (requesting/registering) for something. So now my confusion sets in again regarding Birth & Nationality

I apologize for seemingly going off topic, but nationality and BC appear to coincide with each other, since one can claim to be a US Citizen or a State National ... right? I believe there is a difference between a US citizen and a national (state or USofA)....Maybe by proclaiming our Nationality we can clarify our Soveriengnty/Freedom/Liberty to TPTB?

No problem! Ask away. I will address your questions from the bottom of your previous post upward.

The birth certificate is what inducts or incorporates you into the political community known as US citizen.
If one were naturalized into the political community titled US citizen, one would receive a certificate of naturalization.

The thing is though the United States is not a nation. It is a federation. It is an association of States.
That's why its titled a so-called federal government. The US Constitution is a compact or TREATY, therefore it is an object of (private) international law.

Nationality can work either by way of jus sanguinis (right of blood) or jus soli (right of soil). You are a native, inhabitant of your State, Nation by right of soil under International Law (Law of Nations).

A nation or state is a political community.
Whether one is a national or citizen is a question of political status as well as affirmation (in many cases, but not all).

En manu (Latin) means by your own hand. Many people injure their own rights and standing by their own actions (or lack thereof) especially with regard to contracts and applications.

I would look into clarifying one's political status as a national using lawful means as well as composing one's own court.

allodial
06-05-11, 02:59 AM
Soldiers, holders of public office..such as police officers would be classified as public citizens. If you are familiar with "Chisolm vs. Georgia" it is quite clear that public citizens were not in that case regarded as sovereigns.