PDA

View Full Version : Private Insurance

powder
07-04-11, 04:24 AM
So there are some provinces that use private insurance models. These models enable people to select their private insurance carrier and bring the insurance into a registry office. The 'proof of insurance' is required in order to get 'state/govt' issued plates.

I constructed the paperwork about 5 years ago, and know it was used again, as recently as last week, to obtain state plates.

If there is interest, I can scrub the documents and post.

Rock Anthony
07-05-11, 10:01 PM
I'm interested. Please scrub and post.

I don't know how your post ducked under my radar!

David Merrill
07-05-11, 10:14 PM
Yes indeed. We are all here to learn.

Richard Earl
07-06-11, 01:35 AM
I would also be interested in reviewing this material :)

Life's-a-Psyop
11-13-11, 12:50 AM
count me in too...

you guys have been waiting here awhile...

i'm going out for a sandwich...

motla68
11-13-11, 02:32 AM
So there are some provinces that use private insurance models. These models enable people to select their private insurance carrier and bring the insurance into a registry office. The 'proof of insurance' is required in order to get 'state/govt' issued plates.

I constructed the paperwork about 5 years ago, and know it was used again, as recently as last week, to obtain state plates.

If there is interest, I can scrub the documents and post.

That might work in the provinces, but most states with at least one exception of Montana all require that the insurance company be licensed by the state.
The other option is going the unregistered vehicle route to be able to use it here in the states.

EZrhythm
11-13-11, 11:04 AM
This insurance bond has been used successfully in the States. It should be recorded in the public and a certified copy carried. The file wouldn't upload so here it is pasted, needing formatting;

I have attached a PROVEN self insurance bond. The reason i am saying "proven" is that i got stopped for expired stickers on the license plates and I showed an un-filed, notarized, original. Because it was not filed with the county clerk, the officer gave me a ticket for "no proof of insurance". When i went to court this morning and finally sat down with the DA chick, she asked me if i had proof of insurance and i gave her a certified copy of the filed bond. The only thing she asked me was "where did you get this??" I asked her what did she mean and she just repeated the question. I knew better than to say "I got it from __________ or off the internet" so i said "I wrote it and submitted it to the County Clerk for recording". She asked if i had showed it to the officer and i said i had but it was not recorded at the time. She said since it was recorded now, it was sufficient!! Nov. 2009
George

-----------------------------

RECORDING REQUESTED BY

upper lower name
C/O Street
City, Colorado

_____________SPACE ABOVE THIS LINE FOR RECORDER'S USE___________

Written Undertaking/Surety Bond — Financial Responsibility

Form #mmv-101010-SB (Private Number was assigned)
I, upper lower name, hereinafter "the Undersigned" do hereby promise to pay "pledge" myself as surety as follows:

Whereas: There exists a requirement in the State of Colorado pursuant to CRS 42-7-103 14(a) that drivers of motor vehicles have evidence of financial responsibility and;
Whereas: The Undersigned may operate a motor vehicle, and or may be subject to Vehicle Code 42-7-103 14(a) and its related provisions, and;
Whereas: The Undersigned has not been able to locate any lawful money of account in circulation (Gold or Silver coin or bullion) in this State, and;
Whereas: Public Policy as established with House Joint Resolution 192 of June 5, 1933 states in part:
That (a) Every provision contained in or made with respect to any
obligation which purports to give the obligee a right to require payment in
gold or a particular kind of coin or currency, or in an amount of money of
the United States measured thereby, is declared to be against public policy;
and no such provision shall be contained in or made with respect to any
obligation hereafter incurred. Every obligation, heretofore or hereafter
incurred, whether or not any such provision is contained therein or made
with respect thereto, shall be discharged upon payment, dollar for dollar,
in any coin or currency which at the time of payment is legal tender for
public and private debts. Any such provisions contained in any law
authorizing obligations to be issued by or under authority of the United
States, is hereby repealed:
Now therefore and in consideration thereof, the Undersigned does hereby promise to pay i.e. undertakes, "bonds" UPPER CASE NAME'S commercial activity for the following amount: Five Million Dollars.
In the event that any person is damaged and can demonstrate a bona fide claim of injury or loss, the Undersigned shall discharge all obligations dollar for dollar by and through tender of payment pursuant to public policy, HR-192.
Dated the 9th day of the 10th month, Two Thousand Nine.

Colorado Republic

Jurat

State of Colorado )
)
County of El Paso )

Subscribed and sworn to at Colorado Springs before me this ________ Day of _____________________, A.D. 20____.
Notary public______________________

My Commission Expires: ______________

WITNESS my hand and official seal,

Form # ___________ Page 2 of 2

shikamaru
11-13-11, 12:01 PM
That might work in the provinces, but most states with at least one exception of Montana all require that the insurance company be licensed by the state.
The other option is going the unregistered vehicle route to be able to use it here in the states.

Bonding is another option.
I would look deeper into the State's statutes. I'd bet there are exceptions.

motla68
11-13-11, 03:45 PM
Bonding is another option.
I would look deeper into the State's statutes. I'd bet there are exceptions.

But why even go there if one has use of full faith and credit ?

shikamaru
11-13-11, 05:45 PM
But why even go there if one has use of full faith and credit ?

If they will accept your promise, go for it.
In the meantime, you may want to secure the bond with substance rather than a promise.

The point being avoiding controversy with the political corporation while enjoying the right to travel as freely as possible.
You'll want to avoid any entanglements of admiralty/maritime on land and its contractual nexuses. Insurance being one of the surer paths to this.

Treefarmer
11-13-11, 07:17 PM
This insurance bond has been used successfully in the States. It should be recorded in the public and a certified copy carried. The file wouldn't upload so here it is pasted, needing formatting;

I have attached a PROVEN self insurance bond. The reason i am saying "proven" is that i got stopped for expired stickers on the license plates and I showed an un-filed, notarized, original. Because it was not filed with the county clerk, the officer gave me a ticket for "no proof of insurance". When i went to court this morning and finally sat down with the DA chick, she asked me if i had proof of insurance and i gave her a certified copy of the filed bond. The only thing she asked me was "where did you get this??" I asked her what did she mean and she just repeated the question. I knew better than to say "I got it from __________ or off the internet" so i said "I wrote it and submitted it to the County Clerk for recording". She asked if i had showed it to the officer and i said i had but it was not recorded at the time. She said since it was recorded now, it was sufficient!! Nov. 2009
George

-----------------------------

RECORDING REQUESTED BY

upper lower name
C/O Street
City, Colorado

_____________SPACE ABOVE THIS LINE FOR RECORDER'S USE___________

Written Undertaking/Surety Bond — Financial Responsibility

Form #mmv-101010-SB (Private Number was assigned)
I, upper lower name, hereinafter "the Undersigned" do hereby promise to pay "pledge" myself as surety as follows:

Whereas: There exists a requirement in the State of Colorado pursuant to CRS 42-7-103 14(a) that drivers of motor vehicles have evidence of financial responsibility and;
Whereas: The Undersigned may operate a motor vehicle, and or may be subject to Vehicle Code 42-7-103 14(a) and its related provisions, and;
Whereas: The Undersigned has not been able to locate any lawful money of account in circulation (Gold or Silver coin or bullion) in this State, and;
Whereas: Public Policy as established with House Joint Resolution 192 of June 5, 1933 states in part:
That (a) Every provision contained in or made with respect to any
obligation which purports to give the obligee a right to require payment in
gold or a particular kind of coin or currency, or in an amount of money of
the United States measured thereby, is declared to be against public policy;
and no such provision shall be contained in or made with respect to any
obligation hereafter incurred. Every obligation, heretofore or hereafter
incurred, whether or not any such provision is contained therein or made
with respect thereto, shall be discharged upon payment, dollar for dollar,
in any coin or currency which at the time of payment is legal tender for
public and private debts. Any such provisions contained in any law
authorizing obligations to be issued by or under authority of the United
States, is hereby repealed:
Now therefore and in consideration thereof, the Undersigned does hereby promise to pay i.e. undertakes, "bonds" UPPER CASE NAME'S commercial activity for the following amount: Five Million Dollars.
In the event that any person is damaged and can demonstrate a bona fide claim of injury or loss, the Undersigned shall discharge all obligations dollar for dollar by and through tender of payment pursuant to public policy, HR-192.
Dated the 9th day of the 10th month, Two Thousand Nine.

Colorado Republic

Jurat

State of Colorado )
)
County of El Paso )

Subscribed and sworn to at Colorado Springs before me this ________ Day of _____________________, A.D. 20____.
Notary public______________________

My Commission Expires: ______________

WITNESS my hand and official seal,

Form # ___________ Page 2 of 2

Looks interesting, but I need some clarification.
Is true name meant by upper lower name ?
Who is holding the 5 million dollars?
How is a claim settled exactly? i.e. how does an injured party get paid?

Thank you in advance.

Life's-a-Psyop
11-13-11, 10:18 PM

Here is a formatted copy:

powder
01-06-12, 03:33 PM
here are some of the files back and forth.

powder
01-06-12, 03:35 PM
that has been used across Canada.

And by used, I mean taken into "state" entities to obtain "state" plates.

powder
01-14-12, 01:16 AM

And that type of thinking will keep you in the box.

David Merrill
01-16-12, 02:07 AM
All the same components of the Public Office Money Certificates are there.

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/9008/pomc.jpg
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/3385/letterofcredit1.jpg
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/4481/letterofcredit2.jpg

Here is a .pdf rendition (http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/7396/canadianassuranceagreem.pdf) in a better order.