PDA

View Full Version : Old Book shows how Constitutional money system worked

LostPosterity
11-07-11, 08:27 PM
I wanted to bring this to the attention of the people here studying money.

Go to archive.org

and search for the Book called 'Coin's Financial School'. By Coin Harvey

Enjoy! At one time, this book was bestseller 2nd only to the Bible and now is almost unknown. This book shows the simple beauty of the original Constitutional Money System and the first legislative departure from it. He has a couple other books published. One was just called 'The Book' that was written after the Fed was established - really hard to find.

David Merrill
11-07-11, 09:24 PM
I wanted to bring this to the attention of the people here studying money.

Go to archive.org

and search for the Book called 'Coin's Financial School'. By Coin Harvey

Enjoy! At one time, this book was bestseller 2nd only to the Bible and now is almost unknown. This book shows the simple beauty of the original Constitutional Money System and the first legislative departure from it. He has a couple other books published. One was just called 'The Book' that was written after the Fed was established - really hard to find.

Wow! Who knew?

Thanks a lot; and welcome.

Click Here (http://www.archive.org/download/coinsfinancialsc00harvrich/coinsfinancialsc00harvrich.pdf).

Treefarmer
11-08-11, 01:16 AM
Thank you LostPosterity; looks like an interesting read. I look forward to checking it out.
And thank you for the convenient link David.

Life's-a-Psyop
11-08-11, 03:05 AM
Great find!

LostPosterity
11-08-11, 07:21 PM
There is more interesting reading if you search for "AFN McFadden" in Google. You can also search for "McFadden 1932" or "McFadden 1934".

Another thing you can do is get the old banknotes (low quality are available from coin shows and ebay) and read the fine print on those. Series 1913, Series 1963 US Notes, Pre 1913 Demand Notes, etc.

If anyone else has any interesting information about this subject, please post a reply.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcQElYhRvpY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYviBBV3Qj8

Rock Anthony
12-01-11, 07:12 PM
I've only made to page 36 of Coin's Financial School, and already I find the book to be absolutely fascinating! Nice find, LostPosterity!

Brian
12-03-11, 03:25 AM
I've only made to page 36 of Coin's Financial School, and already I find the book to be absolutely fascinating! Nice find, LostPosterity!

Stunning Book! Just finished reading it and so much of it forms the base upon which the current crap was constructed.
The galactic elephant in the room is this: The Coinage act of 1792 fixed what a dollar is according to the Constitution. A "Dollar" is mentioned 2 times in the Constitution and Bill of Rights. (Article1 section 9, and the 7th amendment).

Every "act" of CONgress since then purporting to change the "dollar" is a fraud is it not? The only way the definition of "dollar" can be changed is via amendment to the constitution. Am I right or wrong?

Rock Anthony
12-03-11, 05:02 AM
Stunning Book! Just finished reading it and so much of it forms the base upon which the current crap was constructed.
The galactic elephant in the room is this: The Coinage act of 1792 fixed what a dollar is according to the Constitution. A "Dollar" is mentioned 2 times in the Constitution and Bill of Rights. (Article1 section 9, and the 7th amendment).

Every "act" of CONgress since then purporting to change the "dollar" is a fraud is it not? The only way the definition of "dollar" can be changed is via amendment to the constitution. Am I right or wrong?

See section 8 of Article One of the United States Constitution:

To coin money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the standard of weights and measures;

A 'dollar' is a unit of measure. It is definitely within the powers of Congress to change the definition of the dollar.

And while the Constitution grants to US Congress the power to define the dollar, the dollar is not defined within the US Consitution. The definition of the dollar is defined through acts of Congress. Therefore, no amendment to the Consitution is needed to meddle with the definition of the dollar.

motla68
12-03-11, 05:15 AM
I believe the value of a dollar is justly agreed upon when used at the checkout counter or used as coaster for your beer mug or hot chocolate. Some people even like to roll it up and snort stuff through it or worse. I can exchange at one rate for a can of whole tomatoes at one store and exchange at another rate at another store for the same can of tomatoes.

shikamaru
12-03-11, 11:15 AM
I believe the value of a dollar is justly agreed upon when used at the checkout counter or used as coaster for your beer mug or hot chocolate. Some people even like to roll it up and snort stuff through it or worse. I can exchange at one rate for a can of whole tomatoes at one store and exchange at another rate at another store for the same can of tomatoes.

The value of the dollar in the cases you provided is being expressed as a medium of exchange.
The corollary of medium of exchange is unit of account.

You've also touched upon price-value theory.

A reserve currency serves as support for a derivative.
Banknotes, historically, derive their value from a reserve currency.

Another interesting read: A History of Money and Banking in the United States: The Colonial Era to WWII (mises.org/books/historyofmoney.pdf) by Murry N. Rothbard courtesy of mises.org.

motla68
12-03-11, 04:45 PM
The value of the dollar in the cases you provided as a medium of exchange.
The corollary of medium of exchange is unit of account.

You've also touched upon price-value theory.

A reserve currency serves as support for a derivative.
Banknotes, historically, derive their value from a reserve currency.

Another interesting read: A History of Money and Banking in the United States: The Colonial Era to WWII (mises.org/books/historyofmoney.pdf) by Murry N. Rothbard courtesy of mises.org.

This seems to complicate things being of distraction, but there is other events that happen at the time it happens. Taking the word of this guy is no different then taking the word of the informer. How about go to the lawful construction itself rather then second hand opinion again?

Not worth the paper and ink it is printed and what is a cent, who determines that value?. (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hCqEEj4Moh4btoKyfjLMRZ9uvA4vJzFPRtSRokC5AAQ/edit)

" full faith and credit " , this be at the discretion of the user. When one writes on it as the equivalent for lawful money it changes it's value quite significantly or does any of the examples previously mentioned, the only thing that could matter at the time of use is rate of exchange. This happens with gas prices all the time, " price per gallon ". It is not the currency that sets value. it is the value one gives of the thing exchanged for that sets the value. Even if it has backing of mortgages, a mortgage is still a lien. Falls back again to the conscience morality of a man and his agreements.

Also, the statute in Florida 697.02 "nature of a mortgage" just confirms the "mortgage" is actually just a "usufructuary interest" in the "property described"; the warranty deed "guarantees" the one using the name possession and use. All statutes do is govern an "usufructuary interest" "surrendered" to the "public".

shikamaru
12-03-11, 05:22 PM
This seems to complicate things being of distraction, ...

No distraction. I'm introducing elements which you have not considered nor were you aware of.

Money serves (4) functions:

a) unit of account
b) medium of exchange
c) standard of deferred payment
d) store of value

Historically, the medium of exchange and the unit of account may not have been the same item.

The attempt to play off my post as a distraction only serves to show your ignorance of the breadth and depth of the subject matter.

but there is other events that happen at the time it happens.

Would you care to enumerate what those other events are?

Taking the word of this guy is no different then taking the word of the informer.

a) "This guy" is Murry N. Rothbard, a renowned economist from the Austrian School of Economics.
b) How about investigating the resource, before arriving at a dismissive conclusion?

How about go to the lawful construction itself rather then second hand opinion again?

By the by, Congressional Record is not law. Statutes and acts are a form of law.

Given you don't know if your hole is bored or punched on this matter, I'd say you aren't qualified to determine the quality of resources presented.

" full faith and credit " , this be at the discretion of the user.

Is this your opinion?
You'll need to state as such as well as provide another opinion, perhaps officially, for us to gain a better understanding of the clause "full faith and credit".

When one writes on it as the equivalent for lawful money it changes it's value quite significantly or does any of the examples previously mentioned,

What is value?
Given I have explained the functions of money, what is lawful money?

the only thing that could matter at the time of use is rate of exchange. This happens with gas prices all the time, " price per gallon ".

What you speak of is simply price. Price is a measure and statement of value.

It is not the currency that sets value it is the value of the thing exchanged for that sets the value.

What sets the value is what the buyer is willing to pay for it. Price being the measure and expression of value of an item.
Go out an attempt to sell apples at $5 per apple and see if you get any takers.

shikamaru
12-03-11, 05:38 PM
Also, the statute in Florida 697.02 "nature of a mortgage" ....

This is a claim with no cite.

just confirms the "mortgage" is actually just a "usufructuary interest" in the "property described";

Confirms for whom? Merely yourself?

the warranty deed "guarantees" the one using the name possession and use. All statutes do is govern an "usufructuary interest" "surrendered" to the "public"

You never did respond to my post concerning the nature of a mortgage.
What about title theory states vs. lien theory states concerning mortgages?

motla68
12-03-11, 06:27 PM
What sets the value is what the buyer is willing to pay for it. Price being the measure and expression of value of an item.
Go out an attempt to sell apples at $5 per apple and see if you get any takers.

The events were the ones described if you can see what is in front of you, but thank you for justifying my whole posting.

motla68
12-03-11, 06:39 PM
This is a claim with no cite.

Confirms for whom? Merely yourself?

You never did respond to my post concerning the nature of a mortgage.
What about title theory states vs. lien theory states concerning mortgages?

- cite [saɪt]
vb (tr)
" 1. to quote or refer to "

- Again, the usufructuary. I do not known how many times i have posted about who is usufructuary for you, but if you have not figured it out by now that is on you.
I have shown, it is your responsibility to learn.

- It was answered for those who have eyes to see it.

shikamaru
12-03-11, 08:21 PM
The events were the ones described if you can see what is in front of you, but thank you for justifying my whole posting.

Thank-you for providing a quintessential display of distraction.

shikamaru
12-03-11, 08:21 PM
- cite [saɪt]
vb (tr)
" 1. to quote or refer to "

- Again, the usufructuary. I do not known how many times i have posted about who is usufructuary for you, but if you have not figured it out by now that is on you.
I have shown, it is your responsibility to learn.

- It was answered for those who have eyes to see it.

You do know cite is also short for citation.

The time spent fetching this definition could have been used to fetch the statute you are referring to.... if it exists.

Again, what about title theory vs. lien theory states with respect to mortgages?

dmk
01-05-12, 05:35 AM
This is great information everyone, thank you.
Another source is from Ludwig von Mises institure also written by Murray Rothbard: What Has Government Done to our Money?.
Many books: http://mises.org/literature.aspx
http://mises.org/resources/617/What-Has-Government-Done-to-Our-Money

Again many thanks for sharing.

sam charles
01-27-12, 03:23 AM
More information....http://www.martinarmstrong.org/files/US%20Dollar%20Evolution/index.htm