PDA

View Full Version : Summons for jury duty

osbogosley
11-24-11, 07:22 AM

I mailed this back to the clerk yesterday. I was torn between trying to get on a jury and have some court fun but then saw it as an opportunity to solicit a response.

Do any of you think they will even respond?

shikamaru
11-24-11, 10:44 AM
I mailed this back to the clerk yesterday. I was torn between trying to get on a jury and have some court fun but then saw it as an opportunity to solicit a response.

Do any of you think they will even respond?

A summons to jury is pretty serious. Failure to show could result in a warrant for your arrest.
I would show up to clear up any confusion directly with the clerk or whoever is the administrative official.

Besides, you can get out of jury duty pretty easily if you wanted to.
Start talking about jury nullification. See how quickly they'll work to get you out.
My dad affirmed rather than swore the oath. He was dismissed.

Frederick Burrell
11-24-11, 10:58 AM
I always just throw them in the circular file and have had no problems thus far. I think they have better things to do than arrest people for not showing up for jury duty. I doubt they will respond. fB

osbogosley
11-24-11, 12:19 PM
What state is "this state"? My intent is to give them the opportunity to tell me if they think I am a citizen of "this state".
No response is agreement. So I build a record.
I sent one back last yr. asking what good I could be of, on a military tribunal, as a peaceful civilian. Got no response.

David Merrill
11-24-11, 07:01 PM
Thanks for your sharing and scientific approach. I love it when time will tell. My guess is that they will write you a letter telling you that you have to appear.

I have coached several people through this action. You tell the truth. Do not swear to be a resident unless you are one. Do you "reside" where your domicile is located?

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/4281/residentdefinition.jpg

Is it your abode or your residence?

So do not swear to anything that is false. "The peculiar uses of this word are to be noticed." Take note of Daniel WEBSTER; he was a pretty smart cracker.

That is not all though. This is just a matter of swearing. Affirming instead of swearing is just the same thing but you would be depending on the judge's oath of office, that he has sworn. You defer the authority in his sworn oath to punish you for perjury anyway, just that you do not like to use God's name that way; to swear.

If you do not like the idea that you might get into trouble refuse to swear or affirm.

"As I understand it, if I swear or affirm then you might be able to punish me for perjury."

The judge will likely let you go.

On the form you have provided us, the fact that you have received it in the mail at your residential address is a pretty firm indication that you have plead the resident scam (http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/6361/ensmingervfederallandba.pdf) either with the electorate or with a driver license. It is a residential driver license bearing your confession that you are a resident. So with all that said, the judge will likely dismiss you rather than risk your patriot antics will call for a retrial.

It may not work that way at all though. If you start talking jury nullification the judge may demand you be on the panel but be looking for the opportunity to hold you for a few hours and bag lunch on contempt. If you know about jury nullification, be very serious about this right and the law. Save it for deliberation and do not share it with the other jurors. If you spot a flaw in the law or how it is being applied though, call the judge on it quietly and in secret. Tell the bailiff you need to speak to the judge alone.

The judge may be upset after all his admonitions about you are to remain ignorant and he is trying the law alone from the bench. But if you believe that the jury panel has that right, then like I say, be serious and ernest about your application of jury nullification. If you decide you are going to disrupt a trial with it, then you might find yourself in a concrete box for 28 days. No process, no hearings - contempt of court.

Myself, I checked the statutes before reporting and found that I was only obligated to show up. I was not obligated to give any information. You are only bound to the statutes listed on the Notice. It looks like you will have to show us the back for me to look that up for you.

I gave them no more information than they already had on the initial Sign-in Form. They complained but I just said it was private. They sent me into the courtroom and then passed out an additional questionaire, same thing. The defense attorney had an At Bar discussion but you could hear across the silent courtroom, Mr. Van Pelt will not fill out the questionaire. The judge asked her, Do you want me to ask him about that?

She declined and I was selected for a three-day assault trial. I was selected to be the Foreman and we acquitted the fellow for lack of evidence; reasonable doubt. Some interesting things evolved around common law and jury nullification though. There was a former cop on the panel who disclosed to me about jury nullification - I had not heard about it. But mainly that the initial judge was pulled and a retired judge from out of the district was put in for the trial. The trial judge never said anything about him being the sole authority of the law. Whereas the initial judge was of that form during jury selection.

I think my presence and performance actually converted the courtroom trial to a common law rendition of justice.

motla68
11-24-11, 07:58 PM
Adding to that entry If home is in Heaven, technically within the confines of our skin and as we are sojourners upon this earth, a gift given that we will give to future generations how can we do anything else but camp while we are here?

Phil 3:20 " For our conversation is in heaven "

Camp; A collection of tents, huts, etc., for shelter, commonly arranged in an orderly manner.
- Websters 1828 dictionary

PERSONA NON GRATA

Jude, Chapter 1 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Jud&c=1&v=1&t=KJV)

osbogosley
11-25-11, 10:00 AM

Is there any other way to become a citizen other than to volunteer? If you act like one than you might be.

When the census came it was addressed, To resident at. I gave it back and then the mailman wrote occupant instead. I gave it back again. To be on their jury you have to be both a resident and a citizen. It does say you don't have to show up if you are not qualified.

I don't have an occupation or an employer as I do not dabble in commerce. If being born can cause one to be a citizen, then the state I might be a citizen of is not Texas.

I'm offering them the chance to clear up just when they think I became a citizen.

osbogosley
11-25-11, 10:15 AM
Notice that you must be a citizen of this state, but the questionaire ask if you are a citizen of the U.S.

David Merrill
11-25-11, 01:20 PM
Thanks for supplying the backside.

I suppose that is what you get for responding (registering an appearance) for a name that is not yours. You became a Person named "Occupant" after of course an attempt for you to be the Person "Resident". You are saying that the Jury Duty Notice arrived without being in your true or legal name? - And that you have actually mailed it back in? I of course presumed that you were registering appearance for the Person on your driver license or voter's registration. That is how it was done way back when I had any residential address. It turns out that the jury commissioner is using the Census?

Now that you are Occupant the answers about your obligation are found at Government Code 62.0132 (http://law.onecle.com/texas/government/62.0132.00.html).

(d) A person who has received a written jury summons and a written jury summons questionnaire shall complete and submit the questionnaire when the person reports for jury duty.

The form you got in the mail implies that this must be completed prior to you arriving. That aside though.

The law states a requirement in Texas that whoever - agent of Jury Commissioners - sends out a Jury Summons is required to put that Questionaire on there. You are not issuing jury summonses! That law does not require you to do anything. I am presuming that you have a problem supplying that information to the parties described, including the litigant who might be a violent sociopath, the Defendant. You have registered to be a Person through the Census, as I am understanding your posts. Or maybe the Driver License or Voter Registration. However, that requirement is written into a law that applies only to people sending out jury summonses. When the rubber meets the road, and you are standing there refusing to fill out the information on jury selection day at the courthouse, they will not be able to find any thing to charge you with but contempt of court.

Before the judge, who has not even been selected yet will throw you in a box for contempt, he will ask you to Show Cause why he should not. Explain what is above and he will at least give you a chance to fill out the form and play the game, don't you think? Considering how many people do not like to give out private and personal information, they probably just screen you out at the Jury Duty office meaning they likely have a magistrate there and it is his job to bully you a little before he sends you on your way.

Regards,

David Merrill.

P.S. By the time the process is over in any scenario, no judge will be allowing you in his courtroom and you will never get another jury summons.

P.P.S. If the Summons came addressed to any variation of ...Larry; Mann, like you signed it I believe your point is moot. You have volunteered to be what they want you to be - a citizen of the U.S. aka Resident in one of the States. The postman is not authorized to change recipient names like from Resident to Occupant. [Just as the legislature cannot pass a law upon Jury Commissioners that authorizes them to make up laws for you. Can you see the beauty of my approach? Even if you are exactly what they want you to be, citizen of the U.S., you are not subject to giving them the private information. But like with me, I was not only fit for jury duty I was voted in by the panel to be Foreman!] If the jury commissioner has the information to send it to you, then you volunteered the information; Information indicts. You have been indicted. Putting a semi-colon before your family name is actually a symptom of your psychotomimetic (http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5245/psychotomimeticdrugs.jpg)parataxic distortion - pseudonomania (http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3922/pseudonomania.jpg).

osbogosley
11-25-11, 02:27 PM
I never filled out a census. I have a license. I don't use it though. I don't conduct business when I use my truck.
I'm native to this planet. I know the county judge personally and I really am interested in finding out from them how it is that I am a citizen of "this state" whatever that means.
I heard on an audio that a supreme court judge ruled that the attaching of the surname to the name creates a person that may act in commerce.
The jury duty notice came in the name of the person. I am choosing not to use that ability to act for the name as it is attached.
My mom called me laurence david, the colb came to me with the surname attached and I was taught to act in commerce all the time. Now I'm trying to stay out of that commerce citizen roll. I'm looking at the way they word offers, isn't everything contract. There needs to be a fresh meeting of minds for me to enter their court.

David Merrill
11-25-11, 03:35 PM
I never filled out a census. I have a license. I don't use it though. I don't conduct business when I use my truck.
I'm native to this planet. I know the county judge personally and I really am interested in finding out from them how it is that I am a citizen of "this state" whatever that means.
I heard on an audio that a supreme court judge ruled that the attaching of the surname to the name creates a person that may act in commerce.
The jury duty notice came in the name of the person. I am choosing not to use that ability to act for the name as it is attached.
My mom called me laurence david, the colb came to me with the surname attached and I was taught to act in commerce all the time. Now I'm trying to stay out of that commerce citizen roll. I'm looking at the way they word offers, isn't everything contract. There needs to be a fresh meeting of minds for me to enter their court.

You have a license. That is how the jury commissioner acquired Information and you are indicted as a debtor/US citizen. My advisements are designed so that you do not wind up in jail for contempt of court. Please keep in mind that the advisements come from a man who has no bank account, Social Security Number or licenses of any kind. So my advice is somewhat skewed considering your confession.

To correct you about your name a little, your name is Laurence David. That is the first outward expression of identity for the individual expression of God I am communicating with. It is nice to meet you Laurence David. If you could cite that SC opinion I dearly want that. I have been saying the same based in most law dictionary definitions:

http://friends-n-family-research.info/FFR/Merrill_NameDefinition.jpg

http://friends-n-family-research.info/FFR/Merrill_Name_legal.jpg

Any arguments you want to present to the jury commissioner or magistrate on duty about commerce... well, I hope you take an audio recorder and share that with us here afterward.

osbogosley
11-25-11, 04:18 PM
The supreme court decision was said to have been 1907. I am not a great researcher and have not found it yet. I did find a supreme court justices comment that the 13th and 14th amendaments created 2 kinds of persons, a freeman and a citizen. A freeman uses land belonging to the noble in exchange for payment. The third kind of person is clearly above, or separate from, the other 2.

Here is what I found:
The primary purpose of the Amendment was originally to protect freed slaves, not corporations.[citation needed] One of the 1886 judges, Samuel F. Miller, considered the purpose of the Amendment in 1872, only six years after the Amendment had become law, when the court was "called upon for the first time to give construction to these articles." In the Slaughterhouse Cases (83 U.S. 36 (1872)), Miller delivered the majority opinion and discussed the Thirteenth Amendment and the Fifteenth Amendment as well as the Fourteenth as follows:

The most cursory glance at these articles discloses a unity of purpose, when taken in connection with the history of the times, which cannot fail to have an important bearing on any question of doubt concerning their true meaning. Nor can such doubts, when any reasonably exist, be safely and rationally solved without a reference to that history, for in it is found the occasion and the necessity for recurring again to the great source of power in this country, the people of the States, for additional guarantees of human rights, additional powers to the Federal government; additional restraints upon those of the States. Fortunately, that history is fresh within the memory of us all, and its leading features, as they bear upon the matter before us, free from doubt. We repeat, then, in the light of this recapitulation of events, almost too recent to be called history, but which are familiar to us all, and on the most casual examination of the language of these amendments, no one can fail to be impressed with the one pervading purpose found in them all, lying at the foundation of each, and without which none of them would have been even suggested; we mean the freedom of the slave race, the security and firm establishment of that freedom, and the protection of the newly made freeman and citizen from the oppressions of those who had formerly exercised unlimited dominion over him.[13]

Jethro
11-26-11, 06:00 AM
I once received a federal jury summons with a questionnaire similar to the one osbogosley posted. In response to the question "Are you a U.S. citizen?" I checked NO (as I'm not) and mailed it back. A couple weeks later I received a response that I am not qualified to be a federal juror. :)

Actually, I was disappointed. I was looking forward to deciding against the government in every case.

osbogosley
11-26-11, 11:59 AM
You see I didn't say I wasn't a citizen, I raised the presumption that one has to apply to be a citizen. I want them to tell me how to become a citizen of the "state of".
If their silent I want to ask for a license for whatever I am besides citizen of this state. Anyone care to guess how they might respond?

motla68
11-26-11, 03:16 PM
You see I didn't say I wasn't a citizen, I raised the presumption that one has to apply to be a citizen. I want them to tell me how to become a citizen of the "state of".
If their silent I want to ask for a license for whatever I am besides citizen of this state. Anyone care to guess how they might respond?

It is all how you respond to inquiry about having any identifying documents upon you and who's seal is upon them such as a DL. If they ask is that you and that is your documents then you reply yes, you just accepted their jurisdiction regardless of your interpreted citizenship status. Even if they create a name John Doe right there in court and you bring in argument instead of non-consent to be recognized the name and waiving the benefit... gotcha yah!

osbogosley
11-26-11, 05:24 PM
Cop says, (pointing at the DL) "Is that you ?" Response: That looks like letters and numbers on a piece of paper doesn't it?
Please identify yourself, can be answered with: Got a mirror?

David Merrill
11-26-11, 11:13 PM
I once received a federal jury summons with a questionnaire similar to the one osbogosley posted. In response to the question "Are you a U.S. citizen?" I checked NO (as I'm not) and mailed it back. A couple weeks later I received a response that I am not qualified to be a federal juror. :)

Actually, I was disappointed. I was looking forward to deciding against the government in every case.

Publish the letter at the county clerk and recorder. That is the US acknowledging that you are not a citizen of the US.

osbogosley
11-28-11, 12:57 PM
Being born in any particular place doesn't seem to be inportant at all. Its not where you are born. The custom is based on inherited characteristics of the father. How do you rebut the presumption that citizenship is inherited from the father? How do you prove that was your father? Does anyone have personal knowledge of the father? Can citizenship be inherited?

David Merrill
11-28-11, 01:35 PM
Being born in any particular place doesn't seem to be inportant at all. Its not where you are born. The custom is based on inherited characteristics of the father. How do you rebut the presumption that citizenship is inherited from the father? How do you prove that was your father? Does anyone have personal knowledge of the father? Can citizenship be inherited?

Consider the postman a field scout for the foreigner or stranger among the nation. In Judeo-Christian law we relate the priestcraft (http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9579/templestonesmogandavid.jpg)through Masonry. So you are either in or out. Basically you are under the Laws of Moses or its alternate which is the Seven Noachide Laws. If you reside, then you are the nokriy - from nakar - which is from the same root Noach - Noah. I will let you check it out in Strong's for yourselves. Look to Deuteronomy 15:1-3, and 23:20.

motla68
11-28-11, 01:48 PM

Here is something you might be looking for:

Prescription ;
" 2. In law, prescribing for title; the claim of title to a thing by virtue of immemorial use and enjoyment; or the right to a thing derived from such use. Prescription differs from custom, which is a local usage. Prescription is a personal usage,usage annexed to the person. Nothing but incorporeal hereditaments can be claimed by prescription."
- 1828 Websters dictionary

motla68
11-28-11, 02:02 PM
Consider the postman a field scout for the foreigner or stranger among the nation. In Judeo-Christian law we relate the priestcraft (http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9579/templestonesmogandavid.jpg)through Masonry. So you are either in or out. Basically you are under the Laws of Moses or its alternate which is the Seven Noachide Laws. If you reside, then you are the nokriy - from nakar - which is from the same root Noach - Noah. I will let you check it out in Strong's for yourselves. Look to Deuteronomy 15:1-3, and 23:20.

Yes, your person is sort of as a boat as you will and you choose in what direction to push it as well as influencing others which way to push theirs, into the light of knowledge or further into darkness where problems are identified but never dealt with to find a solution, the i do not want to know kind of people.
Also if you go one verse more in Deuteronomy to 15-4 it says to possess, NOT to own.

23:20 is one of those key versus as related to strangers of foreigners that makes distinction between origination and incorporation.

http://rydersreformers.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/fl_polkcounty_ackdeed.pdf (http://rydersreformers.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/fl_polkcounty_ackdeed.pdf)

Land reclaiming itself by prescription.

Land ;
" 6. The inhabitants of a country or region; a nation or people. "

Prescription ;
" 2. In law, prescribing for title; the claim of title to a thing by virtue of immemorial use and enjoyment; or the right to a thing derived from such use. Prescription differs from custom, which is a local usage. Prescription is a personal usage,usage annexed to the person. Nothing but incorporeal hereditaments can be claimed by prescription."

allodial
11-28-11, 07:16 PM
It might be helpful for all to realize that the word "place" most always connotes a public location such as a "plaza" (the similar to the word "place" should be obvious). Place = public.

Also:

1. perhaps the only way to live in a municipal corporation might be to be a municipal corporation
2. to "own" a boat might be construed to be liable for the boat. To possess or have a lien on the boat are different than ownership.

P.S. I've seen jury duty notices dealt with by simply handing it to the postal worker that delivered it. I've seen this and the postal worker clearly know what was up and took it back without making a peep.

Jethro
11-30-11, 03:01 PM
Publish the letter at the county clerk and recorder. That is the US acknowledging that you are not a citizen of the US.

Good suggestion, David!

allodial
11-30-11, 05:46 PM
Anymore, if you encounter cops and show credentials and its clear that you do not have an SSN and are not a U.S. citizen, file a notarized "Memorandum As to Agreed Upon Facts". Get their badge #s, commission/warrant cards...take notes, it should bolster the filing.

David Merrill
12-01-11, 01:47 AM
Good suggestion, David!

If you want to, go fill out a voter registration form specifying that you are not a US citizen. They will mail you a letter saying they have removed or cannot register you. Take that letter back to them and publish it at the county clerk and recorder. Now you have your proof, and verified by the county clerk's testimony that you are not a US citizen.

osbogosley
12-03-11, 01:35 PM
Thanks for all the responses. They have had a few days to review my answer. I seriously don't think I will get a response. I will let you know if I do. Thanks I really appreciate this forum.

osbogosley
12-23-11, 09:55 AM
Notice from the local radio station in their e-newsletter: McCulloch Co. Jury Cancelled
The McCulloch County Jury Trial scheduled for Thursday, Dec. 22 has been cancelled. Jurors called for the trial do not have to appear on Thursday at 9:00am.

I never got a return response from what I sent them. On we go to the next event. Cheers, Osbo

Chex
12-23-11, 03:09 PM
The problem I see with that Polk County recording molta68 is didn’t change a thing; if you read page one (http://rydersreformers.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/fl_polkcounty_ackdeed.pdf)again you find the problem.

This is where the problem lays.... its back in the hands of the third party…. tenant.

Page two is good but it’s not finished.

osbogosley
01-27-12, 12:23 PM
I think the use of the phrases "this state" and "state of" are references to federal enclaves within whatever state.

David Merrill
01-28-12, 12:45 AM
I think the use of the phrases "this state" and "state of" are references to federal enclaves within whatever state.

The Districts were established in 1789 and by 1790 the intent of the Districts was to be responsible for the debts of the United States (http://friends-n-family-research.info/FFR/Merrill_Act_-_districts.jpg).

Binbokusai Yagyuu
02-02-12, 08:46 PM
I think this is a great opportunity to build a Record " not within this state "

Publius
02-03-12, 04:28 AM
Yes Yagyuu kouyuu. . . . the mystery of "this State". What State?

I have not taken the time to check all of the so-called " states' " Revised statutes, but I have checked New Jersey's and find it to be a sham. Could any of us possibly be surprised ?

Here is the NEW JERSEY PERMANENT STATUTES definition of the word "State" State: The word "State" extends to and includes any State, territory or possession of the United States, the District of Columbia and the Canal Zone. There it is folks, the New Jersey Legislature's own definition of the word upon which they rely to make each of their statutes applicable to some well defined particular State. Laurel and Hardy were more sussinct in their "Who's on First" skit.
It is a joke. . . . a very sick one. . . . but still a joke. And who better to develop and define a joke but a bunch of jokers ? I think I recall correctly that it was New York's Revised Statutes which were the initial model of perfection for writing government policy as if law and ramming it down the people's throats. Some New Your clown set the standard for post bankruptcy statute construction and New Jersey copied it for application in the then extended "this State". Extended from so called New York "this State" to New Jersey "this Satate".

Ha !, "extends to and includes". . . what a bunch of nonsense ! Extends from what ? any State. . . . this is either any State; as also including every State worldwide, or it is limited to States of a character common to the character of territory or possession of the United States, the District of Columbia and Canal Zone. If that is so, then why is not the body of statutes named " STATE, TERRITORY OR POSSESSION OF THE UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND THE CANAL ZONE PERMANENT STATUTES" ???? Really now, let's face it. . .. there is no damned New Jersey because there is no de jure government and precious few who even attempt to act in the capacity of a constitutent of the de jure state. We are living in a time when all of government is a farce, a self serving paracite on the rump of Boobus americanus, the TAXPAYER.

Can anyone show me where New Jersey is found in that definition ? I suspect I am too ignorant to find it, having been processed through the gubbmit school system circa 1964-1979. Yeah, it took me a little longer than most. I'm not quite as mushy and pliable as most.

Also, the only appearance of the name "New Jersey" within the NEW JERSEY PERMANENT STATUTES is when a title of a law is given or some organization is indicated. Here is one passage which is rife with the typical applications of the name "New Jersey".
1:1-5.1. Citation of, pleading or otherwise referring to legislation contained in Revised Statutes or New Jersey Statutes
The legislation contained within any title, subtitle, part, chapter, article, section or group of sections of these Revised Statutes or of the New Jersey Statutes may be cited, pleaded or otherwise referred to by reference to such title, subtitle, part, chapter, article, section or group of sections of the "Revised Statutes" or the "New Jersey Statutes" containing such legislation, as the case may be; and the use of the words "Revised Statutes" or "New Jersey Statutes" shall have the same effect as if the legislative title, under which these Revised Statutes or the New Jersey Statutes were adopted and the approval date thereof had been used.

Nowhere in that passage or the balance of the NEW JERSEY PERMANENT STATUTES is the name "New Jersey" used where one would expect it to be used, and all of those particular expected places are occupied by the phrase "this State". Again, I am compelled to ask, what State ?

I have a sick suspicion that the "this State" of NEW JERSEY PERMANENT STATUTES is the very same State as the "this State" indicated in all of the other PERMANENT STATUTES which pose as if they are the independent bodies of law of the 50 several states of the Union. For the purposs of the NEW JERSEY PERMANENT STATUTES, "State" is defined only as a federal zone potential, a hypothecation of stateliness, whether on the east coast, west coast or in the breadbasket. Phony States, phony laws, phony money and phony governments. The only thing that gives them the force of law is the lead in their goon's guns. I don't live in "this State" and sure as beans am not a citizen of it.

Unbelievably crafty, sneaky S.O.B.s those statute writers are. There's plenty of folks out there who need a good remedial whipping.

David Merrill
02-04-12, 11:44 PM
It sounds like you describe municipality; like METRO 1313.