PDA

View Full Version : 5 Minute Timeouts?

Axe
03-08-11, 11:37 PM
I don't know if it's just me , but for some reason my login keeps timing out after like 5 minutes.

Kind of annoying when I'm writing a long post or something, by the time I hit "submit" I have to log in again.

I've got cookies enabled and all scripts are allowed so there is no reason for this. it should be in the forum settings.

Thanks,

Tom

David Merrill
03-09-11, 12:55 AM
I have experienced that after about an hour with other websites. That has not happened to me here and I was enjoying that after a long session of writing yesterday morning. I Copy the post just before submitting it just in case. I am sorry because I know how infuriating it is to lose your work that way.

I suggest Admin might check into it and we will see if anybody else is having that problem. Maybe if Admin deletes your Registration and you Register again?

admin
03-09-11, 11:07 AM
I don't know if it's just me , but for some reason my login keeps timing out after like 5 minutes.

Kind of annoying when I'm writing a long post or something, by the time I hit "submit" I have to log in again.

I've got cookies enabled and all scripts are allowed so there is no reason for this. it should be in the forum settings.

Thanks,

Tom

The timeout was set to 15 minutes. I've increased it to two hours. Let me know whether or not this solves your problem.

David Merrill
03-09-11, 01:14 PM
If you have spent over two hours on a post you will quickly learn, even without my advisement to Copy it to virtual memory before pressing Save to submit it. Even if your logout has occured though, you can often hit the back arrow and recover the text of the post. Sometimes not though. If you have it in the buffer you can login and post it easily.

Axe
03-10-11, 05:13 AM
Yeah, well it's not just that, sometimes I can spend a couple hours just reading through new posts. Between interruptions at home, or looking up information someone posted about, or following links people post. By the time I get where I'm ready to reply to someone, I'm not logged in anymore.

It's just annoying.

Thank you admin.

admin
03-10-11, 12:52 PM
Please let me know if two hours is good for you - if not, I'll increase. If my memory serves me, SJC had no timeout at all!

Axe
03-10-11, 10:17 PM
Thanks admin. Yeah, no timeouts are great, but I realize there are security concerns. So far the 2 hours seems okay, but all day would be nice.

bigred
03-11-11, 07:37 AM
Sessions timing out are why I typically edit a longer post in an off-site text editor, and then copy/paste the body into the BBS editor just before I post it.

Lypeextenly
03-11-11, 11:22 AM
Maybe you have ever heard about that new Tesla Secret product?

One can find scenarios that you can acquire
totally free electricity with the aid of this specific Tesla Secret thing using convenient blueprints and creating a electrical generator for just a few dollars.

I not really know if it's genuine or not, but listed here is a web-site which is likely to demonstrate considerably better : tesla secret website (http://www.teslasecreteccess.com)

David Merrill
03-11-11, 07:53 PM
Maybe you have ever heard about that new Tesla Secret product?

One can find scenarios that you can acquire
totally free electricity with the aid of this specific Tesla Secret thing using convenient blueprints and creating a electrical generator for just a few dollars.

I not really know if it's genuine or not, but listed here is a web-site which is likely to demonstrate considerably better : tesla secret website (http://www.teslasecreteccess.com)

Welcome to 'Saving to Suitors' Club! I have moved your quoted Post over to http://savingtosuitorsclub.net/showthread.php?78-Tesla-Secrets. I hope you don't mind but it does not seem to fit in well here.

admin
04-24-17, 04:08 AM
Everyone, I've cleaned the site of popups yet again. Pleas clear your browser cache. My apologies.

Please know that very soon this site will be protected from these stupid hacks, and therefore this will no longer be a recurring problem.

David Merrill
04-24-17, 08:46 AM
Thank you IP Guy;

We sure appreciate that. From one Internet rumor, it seems that vBulletin left to itself attracts this unwanted advertising botware.

ag maniac
04-28-17, 01:06 PM
Seems to be working correctly as of this date.......I like to right-clik to open up new tabs and that was initiating pop ups.....but no more.

Thanks David for this site !

David Merrill
04-28-17, 08:30 PM
Thank you Ag; Good to have you back around. I wish Allodial would stop by.

ag maniac
05-01-17, 04:25 AM
Thank you Ag; Good to have you back around. I wish Allodial would stop by.

My wish also.......it's been since before last Thanksgiving that he dropped in here........& hasn't frequented suijuris forum for 10 months either