PDA

View Full Version : Illinois Driver's License

Richard Earl
01-03-12, 08:04 PM
Sec. 6‑106. Application for license or instruction permit.
(a) Every application for any permit or license authorized to be issued under this Act shall be made upon a form furnished by the Secretary of State. Every application shall be accompanied by the proper fee and payment of such fee shall entitle the applicant to not more than 3 attempts to pass the examination within a period of 1 year after the date of application.
(b) Every application shall state the legal name, social security number, zip code, date of birth, sex, and residence address of the applicant; briefly describe the applicant; state whether the applicant has theretofore been licensed as a driver, and, if so, when and by what state or country, and whether any such license has ever been cancelled, suspended, revoked or refused, and, if so, the date and reason for such cancellation, suspension, revocation or refusal; shall include an affirmation by the applicant that all information set forth is true and correct; and shall bear the applicant's signature. In addition to the residence address, the Secretary may allow the applicant to provide a mailing address. The application form may also require the statement of such additional relevant information as the Secretary of State shall deem necessary to determine the applicant's competency and eligibility. The Secretary of State may, in his discretion, by rule or regulation, provide that an application for a drivers license or permit may include a suitable photograph of the applicant in the form prescribed by the Secretary, and he may further provide that each drivers license shall include a photograph of the driver. The Secretary of State may utilize a photograph process or system most suitable to deter alteration or improper reproduction of a drivers license and to prevent substitution of another photo thereon.

I went back to the DMV today and was told the same thing. There is no form. They complete it on the computer and then you sign. I called the Secretary of State information line and was told the same thing. I suppose you sign the final print out after they ask a couple of questions on your mental health.

Do all government offices require some kind of approved document # for legal documents/applications - similar to ISO?

David Merrill
01-04-12, 10:00 AM
It looks like the state has digitized the form.

What exactly is the problem? I will presume.

Is it that you don't have a Social Security Number? Write up a notarized affidavit (sworn statement) that you do not have a SSN and maybe get a Commission Certificate from the Secretary of State (or county clerk and recorder, depending). Present this and they should be able to accomodate the field somehow.

I hope that helps. They may say, But you do; we have one here in the computer. If you do not have a SSN then, why are they providing one? This is too simple for most people to wrap their minds around. If they have the authority to create a SSN for you, they why bother to even ask you? If you do not have a SSN, then why are you forced to pronounce one? What does Social Security have to do with driving a motor vehicle? Who better in authority to decide whether or not you have a SSN than you? If you do not feel like you have a SSN how is it that you would have one anyway, in spite of your feeling?

If they insist on putting a SSN on you through the Driver License then they are forging a contract for you. Social Security is a legitimate Income Tax. Find - Click Here (http://www.michie.com/colorado/lpext.dll?f=templates&fn=main-h.htm&cp=).

42-2-103(1)(a)(III)

An application for an identification card shall include the applicant's social security number or a sworn statement made under penalty of law that the applicant does not have a social security number.

42-2-107(3)(a)

Except as otherwise provided in paragraph (b) of this subsection (3), an application for a driver's or minor driver's license shall include the applicant's social security number, which shall remain confidential and shall not be placed on the applicant's driver's or minor driver's license; except that such confidentiality shall not extend to the state child support enforcement agency, the department, or a court of competent jurisdiction when requesting information in the course of activities authorized under article 13 of title 26, C.R.S., or article 14 of title 14, C.R.S. If the applicant does not have a social security number, the applicant shall submit a sworn statement made under penalty of law, together with the application, stating that the applicant does not have a social security number.

Richard Earl
01-04-12, 03:58 PM
Sec. 6‑105.1. Temporary visitor's driver's license.
(a) The Secretary of State may issue a temporary visitor's driver's license to a foreign national who (i) resides in this State, (ii) is ineligible to obtain a social security number, and (iii) presents to the Secretary documentation, issued by United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, authorizing the person's presence in this country.
(b) A temporary visitor's driver's license is valid for 3 years, or for the period of time the individual is authorized to remain in this country, whichever ends sooner.
(c) The Secretary shall adopt rules for implementing this Section, including rules regarding the design and content of the temporary visitor's driver's license.
(Source: P.A. 93‑752, eff. 1‑1‑05.)

This is what I could find in the Illinois Vehicle Code regarding the Social Security Numbers. The problem is that they will complete the form in such a way as to create an adhesion. I understand the autority to drive on the highways comes from ability to cover accidents costs -- and insurance will only cover licensed drivers.

What if I don't have a legal name either?

shikamaru
01-04-12, 05:10 PM
I went back to the DMV today and was told the same thing. There is no form. They complete it on the computer and then you sign. I called the Secretary of State information line and was told the same thing. I suppose you sign the final print out after they ask a couple of questions on your mental health.

Do all government offices require some kind of approved document # for legal documents/applications - similar to ISO?

Government is big on jurats (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jurat), aren't they?

Richard Earl
01-04-12, 05:26 PM
Thanks David and shikamaru, the light bulb is starting to flicker :)

shikamaru
01-05-12, 08:59 PM
Thanks David and shikamaru, the light bulb is starting to flicker :)

Spare me a few lux .... :)

There is something deeper here. I may need to go deep research diving :).