PDA

View Full Version : Importance of knowing your "true" domicile

Pfunk
02-21-12, 02:39 PM
I stumbled across this recently and have become curious about the term "domicile". Very powerful stuff it seems right out of the gate...

From what I have gathered so far, man-made government has combined the term "residence" with "domicile" even though they are really two separate terms that need defining. Yes, they can both be talking about the same place, but in some cases a presumption is being made that one must be aware of in order to correct if they are not the same place.

Have a look and let me know what you think... I will continue researching further for discussion...

Link (scanned into website) - http://familyofsanders.info/Declaration.php

For a less attractive version (Notepad) use the attachment file

shikamaru
02-21-12, 03:36 PM
Residence is temporary.

Domicile has to with nationality.

A person can have as many residences as they wish, but there will be only one domicile.

Chex
02-21-12, 10:45 PM
DEFINING RESIDENT

One of the favorite legal terms used in the state of society is the word resident.

It is a major term, along with person, used in volumes of statutes, codes, regulations and procedures to describe the character, relationship, or type of entity that presumably must adhere to the commands of the sovereign ruler(s), and that may be taxed, licensed, seized, and imprisoned.

The word resident is particularly utilized to describe the defendant or both parties in a legal proceeding in a state of society.

The term resident consists of "res" and "ident”.

Res is a legal term meaning thing upon which there is a right, claim, title, or lien by one not in possession of the thing.

The latter part of resident, ident, is the root word of identify or identification.

While it is said the word resident has various meanings, it typically used to identify a person that is subject to a foreign superior, master, or sovereign.

When a person is in a foreign place, the person is residing in a territory with a government other than the government he serves.

This is very similar to the meaning of minister, being one who serves under a superior authority.

Historically, there is a tendency to treat foreigners more harshly, and with more severe laws, penalties, and taxes than permitted for the countrymen.

The Israelites were enslaved in a foreign land. We will see the foreign element is applicable throughout this treatise.

RES. A thing, or things; whatever may be possessed, seized or attached; property; matter, subject-matter. …

In admiralty, …the res is that which is seized and brought within the jurisdiction of the court. In admiralty and revenue cases the thing condemned is considered the offender or the debtor. Anderson’s Law Dictionary, 1893

Res …Also persons are for some purposes and in certain respects regarded as things. Black’s Law Dictionary, 4th ed.

We see res is a thing, and possibility even a person. For example, a slave can be legally perceived as property or as a person.

Res. [Latin “thing”] 1. An object, interest, or status, as opposed to a person. 2. The subject matter of a trust. Black’s Law Dictionary, 7th ed.

If they don’t know your name on an advertisement from your mail it is addressed to the resident.

Good thing your not a corporation!!

Chancellor Kent of New York, one of the most famous jurists of modern times, defines a corporation as "a franchise possessed by one or more individuals, who subsist, as a body politic, under a special denomination, and are vested, by the policy of the law, with the capacity of perpetual succession, and of acting in several respects, however numerous the associations may he, as a single individual.

All the individuals composing a corporation and their successors, are considered in law as but one person, capable, under an artificial form, of taking and conveying property, contracting debts and duties, and of enjoying a variety of civil and political rights.

Pfunk
02-22-12, 05:25 AM
so upon further investigation, some questions started coming into my head. Being a religious family, they set their domicile as "the kingdom of heaven on earth". They also stated that only the laws of that government (aka God's law) are applicable for them to abide by. Anyone ever hear of these papers holding up in court? I'm assuming they still get harassed as does everyone else who has a legitimate case when going up against the beast in place. Also, I have found some domiciles declared in the states of the union. I knew this seemed to simple to be true from the beginning and as everything else turns out, it isn't that simple at all. I personally stand more on the side of "the kingdom of heaven on earth" but how would one hold others accountable for only using God's law when trying to judge you in any case?

I also found myself asking the question "is this right?" It sure feels right and aligns with my beliefs but really is it that simple? Seems like it makes sense to me at least. Your morals and values spiritually obviously have to be there but following the 10 commandments and only knowing those sounds like it would free up a lot of time to concentrate on more productive things...

Pfunk
02-22-12, 05:33 AM
DEFINING RESIDENT

One of the favorite legal terms used in the state of society is the word resident.

It is a major term, along with person, used in volumes of statutes, codes, regulations and procedures to describe the character, relationship, or type of entity that presumably must adhere to the commands of the sovereign ruler(s), and that may be taxed, licensed, seized, and imprisoned.

So I think this is where the presumption is being made and why it is made. If residence and domicile are the same then the statutes, codes, regulations, etc. would be valid. But if the presumption is broken, these statutes, codes, regulations, etc. would no longer be applicable. Am I correct on this?

Keith Alan
01-15-14, 05:39 PM
So I think this is where the presumption is being made and why it is made. If residence and domicile are the same then the statutes, codes, regulations, etc. would be valid. But if the presumption is broken, these statutes, codes, regulations, etc. would no longer be applicable. Am I correct on this?
I don't think a presumption is being made by the State on whether a person is a resident. Rather people are presuming that they are the person that resides in the State.

It appears to me that some persons are creations of the State, and statutes do indeed apply to State creations. People express or perfect the presumption when they apply for State or state benefits, and declare their residency therein or there outside the State or state.

Now a domicile is not a residence, in the sense that the person's place of abode is considered permanent, although a person can permanently reside at a place. The person's intention is always to return to his domicile.

It's a very interesting word study to investigate the meanings of place, location, domicile, residence, abode, legal residence, and inhabitancy.

Chex
01-15-14, 06:52 PM
It's a very interesting word study to investigate the meanings of place, location, domicile, residence, abode, legal residence, and inhabitancy.

Ohio has waived its sovereign immunity and expressly permits private lawsuits to be brought against it. The Ohio Court of Claims Act, R.C. 2743.01 et seq., provides that, with stated exceptions (for an example, see Part II.B below), the state consents to be sued, with its liability to be determined in The Ohio Court of Claims in accordance with the same rules of law applicable to suits between private parties. http://www.reminger.com/upload/banners/PUB-01032011.pdf

Doing business internationally is almost a necessity for U.S. companies today. The farther that commerce reaches across borders and oceans, the less our trading partners resemble the domestic companies with whom we have historically done business. When doing business abroad, U.S. companies cannot take for granted that they are transacting business with private corporations who are free to negotiate any contracts or terms that they deem appropriate. Outside the United States, it is commonplace for many industries or organizations to be run by the government or to be government owned, even though it may not be apparent on its face.

Deals involving foreign governments and state-owned entities present unique and often significant consequences and risks that need to be addressed before closing. Otherwise, if foreign sovereignty issues do not surface until a dispute arises, it is often too late to address them and a lack of understanding or foresight may prove to be costly. This article, which results from the experience of several dispute lawyers, identifies many of the issues that dealmakers need to understand and look for at the outset and suggests ways to minimize the related risks so as to avoid learning about them after it is too late.

Are You Dealing with a Sovereign?

As in all business transactions, compromises will likely be necessary and a business decision will ultimately have to be made as to whether the benefits outweigh the risks. The key is to ensure that before deciding to enter the contract or relationship with a sovereign, you have full knowledge of the risks and everything possible has been done to eliminate or minimize those risks.

Morkin is a principal and Berghoff is a partner in the Litigation Department of the Chicago office of Baker & McKenzie LLP. Pike is an associate in the Litigation Department of the firm's London office. Their e-mails are michael.l.morkin@bakernet.com, ethan.a.berghoff@bakernet.com, and atprichard.pike@bakernet.com.

http://apps.americanbar.org/buslaw/blt/2007-11-12/pike.shtml

Freed Gerdes
01-16-14, 12:06 AM
Chex has it right. A resident is a thing, a previously free man who has had his labor and assets pledged to the federal bankruptcy trust. As such, he is considered property of the state, and thus subject to all statutes, codes, and municipal laws. Property classified as residential is presumed to have title held by the state, due to the status of the resident, and thus subject to property taxes yearly, these being the rent on the property collected by the state for the use of their property. The plan is to therefor be classified as an inhabitant, not resident within the US federal district, viz NC 28270 (this identifies a federal district which overlays the geographical boundaries of the republic of North Carolina, but is under the jurisdiction of the federal (corporate) government.

Freed