PDA

View Full Version : What I have learned about the Sabbath

Treefarmer
03-09-12, 03:12 AM
I was born into a non-religious family. We never attended any church services when I grew up.
I was educated in public schools which taught atheism and secular humanism.
There I learned that I had descended from apes, and I acted accordingly.

When I was 18 years old Jesus Christ revealed Himself to me in a miraculous way, but He did not then tell me His name.
He very gently and slowly built up a spiritual relationship with me and I was eager to explore and learn more about Him.
Over time I learned that He is known by many names: Jesus Christ, the Messiah, Yahushuah, Kinsman Redeemer, Shepherd, the Lamb, and many others.

He gradually unfolded His plan of salvation before me and the more I learned about it, the more I knew that I wanted to be saved.

I was in my late thirties when I made my public decision for Him through baptism by immersion in water.
I understood this baptism to be a symbol of my union with Christ and His bride the church, the forgiveness of my sins, and a confession of my faith in His death and resurrection.

For my re-birth I accepted His love, His law, and His will for my life.
Being rather inexperienced in most points of His law and His will for me, I began the learning process which will last a lifetime.

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me!

I will soon be 44 years old and I wrote down what I have learned about the Sabbath of His fourth commandment.
I pray that this will be inspirational for some of my fellow servants in Christ.

Bright blessings to all

martin earl
03-09-12, 04:06 AM
Thank you Treefarmer. My only question is, how do we know what "day" of the 7 is actually the Sabbath? Much like I cannot bear false witness to the day (or night) of my birth, I cannot say what day it is today.

Do I just work 6 days and have my own Sabbath?

Richard Earl
03-09-12, 04:24 AM
Thank you Treefarmer.

I've been trying to determine which day this really is. Is it Saturday or Wednesday?

Remembering Sabbath (http://endtimepilgrim.org/sabbath-wed.pdf)

Does anyone know how accurate this link is?

Hbert997
03-09-12, 06:57 AM
Thank you Treefarmer.

I've been trying to determine which day this really is. Is it Saturday or Wednesday?

Remembering Sabbath (http://endtimepilgrim.org/sabbath-wed.pdf)

Does anyone know how accurate this link is?

Determining if Saturday is truly the Sabbath is very quite simple...

The Jews have been observing it for many centuries before the time Y'shua arrived over 2000 years ago...and they've been observing it since that time until today, all without interruption and confusion. If they had been observing the Sabbath on the wrong day, don't you think the Son of YHWH, Mashiyach Y'shua would have corrected them? He corrected them on MANY things, but didn't tell them they had His Day wrong!

And the Sabbath wasn't (and isn't) just for the Jews. Adam and Eve weren't Jews and they rested on the 7th day. Noah wasn't a Jew and he did too...as did Abraham, Issac and Jacob...all of which were NOT Jews. Jews didn't exist until the tribe of Judah...and as such, was only 1 of the 12 tribes of Israel. Soooooo, the 4th Commandment given at Mt. Sinai has existed since the 7th day of Creation and has been YHWH's weekly "date" with his people...you and me...a Holy, Set-Apart Day. And the 4th Commandment is only one of 10 which is only 10 of 613 of which make the entire Torah...and that my friends...is THE LAW spoken about throughout the entire bible, the Tanakh (old) and the B'rit Chadasha (renewed covenant/new testament), not just the 10 Commandments.

And while I'm not an SDA, Michael Scheifler's Biblelight.net website has this research regarding the Sabbath accuracy issue:

(quote)
Jesus Knew And Kept The Sabbath Day.

Since Jesus was God, he knew exactly which day was the genuine seventh-day sabbath -

Luke 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

Jesus Himself was a keeper of the seventh-day sabbath. Now, if the Jews had somehow lost track of the sabbath day since the time of Moses, Jesus would have certainly corrected them, but this was not necessary, since they were already observing the right day. As this establishes a firm reference point in history, it remains for the skeptic to try and prove that the Jews, and the rest of the world, somehow collectively lost track of the seventh day Sabbath in the 2000 years since the time of Christ, a period which is very well documented.

The Gregorian Calendar Reform

Sometimes people will say the calendar reform in the Middle Ages must have altered the weekdays as we know them, so we cannot be sure which day is the seventh day. Again people that think this have not researched the issue.

The calendar reform of 1582 was initiated by Pope Gregory XIII because the calendar established by Julius Caesar, was not accurate and stable. This was due to the fact that the Julian calendar added a leap day every 4 years, without exception, and this resulted in adding too many days than required for an accurate solar calendar. The Julian calendar had commenced the 1st of January of the 46th year before the birth of Christ (the 708th from the foundation of Rome). At that time the Spring equinox fell on March 25th, but because of the Julian calendar's inaccuracy, it had gradually drifted earlier over the years to March 10th or 11th by 1582. This error was important to the Catholic church, because under the solar Julian calendar, the date of Easter (the most important date to the church), was gradually creeping farther and farther (earlier and earlier) away from the time of year set by the Council of Nicea in 325 A.D., when the equinox fell about March 21st. Easter was then to be observed by Roman Catholics on the first Sunday after the full moon occurring after the Spring equinox, except when that coincided with the Jewish Passover, in which case Easter was delayed to the following Sunday.

To correct this perceived Easter problem, Pope Gregory XIII (Inter Gravissimas) returned the Spring equinox to March 21st by decreeing that Thursday, October 4th, 1582, would be followed not by the 5th, but by Friday, October 15th. He jumped the calendar 10 days numerically, but did not change the weekly cycle of days.

So that this correction would be maintained, the Pope then decreed that leap years would occur only when the year was divisible by four, and only the centennial years that were divisible by 400 would be leap years. During a leap year, one day is added to the month of February (the 29th), as a correction. This method of calendar keeping was gradually adopted across Europe, and the world, and is nearly universal today.

England did not adopt the Gregorian calendar until 1752. By that time, eleven days had been gained so Wednesday, September 2, was followed by Thursday, September 14. The eleven days were skipped, but the weekly cycle of days, Sunday through Saturday, remained unchanged throughout the Middle Ages. (The French Revolution was a notable exception, when for a period of 14 years (1792-1806) a ten day week was adopted, the tenth day being the day of rest).

Inquiries made in 1932 to the United States Naval Observatory, in Washington D.C., and the Royal Greenwich Observatory in London, England, have also confirmed that the weekly cycle of 7 days as observed today has not been altered, and remains as it has been since before the time of Christ.

So both history and the Bible make it quite clear that Sunday is the first day of the week and Saturday is indeed the seventh day, which has been kept by the Jews for millennia, even to the present day. The true seventh-day sabbath of God has not been lost. Our Saturday is the same day of the week today as the seventh-day sabbath of creation.

(end quote)

Richard Earl
03-09-12, 07:16 AM
Determining if Saturday is truly the Sabbath is very quite simple...

The Jews have been observing it for many centuries before the time Y'shua arrived over 2000 years ago...and they've been observing it since that time until today, all without interruption and confusion. If they had been observing the Sabbath on the wrong day, don't you think the Son of YHWH, Mashiyach Y'shua would have corrected them? He corrected them on MANY things, but didn't tell them they had His Day wrong!

And the Sabbath wasn't (and isn't) just for the Jews. Adam and Eve weren't Jews and they rested on the 7th day. Noah wasn't a Jew and he did too...as did Abraham, Issac and Jacob...all of which were NOT Jews. Jews didn't exist until the tribe of Judah...and as such, was only 1 of the 12 tribes of Israel. Soooooo, the 4th Commandment given at Mt. Sinai has existed since the 7th day of Creation and has been YHWH's weekly "date" with his people...you and me...a Holy, Set-Apart Day. And the 4th Commandment is only one of 10 which is only 10 of 613 of which make the entire Torah...and that my friends...is THE LAW spoken about throughout the entire bible, the Tanakh (old) and the B'rit Chadasha (renewed covenant/new testament), not just the 10 Commandments.

And while I'm not an SDA, Michael Scheifler's Biblelight.net website has this research regarding the Sabbath accuracy issue:

(quote)
Jesus Knew And Kept The Sabbath Day.

Since Jesus was God, he knew exactly which day was the genuine seventh-day sabbath -

Luke 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

Jesus Himself was a keeper of the seventh-day sabbath. Now, if the Jews had somehow lost track of the sabbath day since the time of Moses, Jesus would have certainly corrected them, but this was not necessary, since they were already observing the right day. As this establishes a firm reference point in history, it remains for the skeptic to try and prove that the Jews, and the rest of the world, somehow collectively lost track of the seventh day Sabbath in the 2000 years since the time of Christ, a period which is very well documented.

The Gregorian Calendar Reform

Sometimes people will say the calendar reform in the Middle Ages must have altered the weekdays as we know them, so we cannot be sure which day is the seventh day. Again people that think this have not researched the issue.

The calendar reform of 1582 was initiated by Pope Gregory XIII because the calendar established by Julius Caesar, was not accurate and stable. This was due to the fact that the Julian calendar added a leap day every 4 years, without exception, and this resulted in adding too many days than required for an accurate solar calendar. The Julian calendar had commenced the 1st of January of the 46th year before the birth of Christ (the 708th from the foundation of Rome). At that time the Spring equinox fell on March 25th, but because of the Julian calendar's inaccuracy, it had gradually drifted earlier over the years to March 10th or 11th by 1582. This error was important to the Catholic church, because under the solar Julian calendar, the date of Easter (the most important date to the church), was gradually creeping farther and farther (earlier and earlier) away from the time of year set by the Council of Nicea in 325 A.D., when the equinox fell about March 21st. Easter was then to be observed by Roman Catholics on the first Sunday after the full moon occurring after the Spring equinox, except when that coincided with the Jewish Passover, in which case Easter was delayed to the following Sunday.

To correct this perceived Easter problem, Pope Gregory XIII (Inter Gravissimas) returned the Spring equinox to March 21st by decreeing that Thursday, October 4th, 1582, would be followed not by the 5th, but by Friday, October 15th. He jumped the calendar 10 days numerically, but did not change the weekly cycle of days.

So that this correction would be maintained, the Pope then decreed that leap years would occur only when the year was divisible by four, and only the centennial years that were divisible by 400 would be leap years. During a leap year, one day is added to the month of February (the 29th), as a correction. This method of calendar keeping was gradually adopted across Europe, and the world, and is nearly universal today.

England did not adopt the Gregorian calendar until 1752. By that time, eleven days had been gained so Wednesday, September 2, was followed by Thursday, September 14. The eleven days were skipped, but the weekly cycle of days, Sunday through Saturday, remained unchanged throughout the Middle Ages. (The French Revolution was a notable exception, when for a period of 14 years (1792-1806) a ten day week was adopted, the tenth day being the day of rest).

Inquiries made in 1932 to the United States Naval Observatory, in Washington D.C., and the Royal Greenwich Observatory in London, England, have also confirmed that the weekly cycle of 7 days as observed today has not been altered, and remains as it has been since before the time of Christ.

So both history and the Bible make it quite clear that Sunday is the first day of the week and Saturday is indeed the seventh day, which has been kept by the Jews for millennia, even to the present day. The true seventh-day sabbath of God has not been lost. Our Saturday is the same day of the week today as the seventh-day sabbath of creation.

(end quote)

Thank you for this information.

Treefarmer
03-10-12, 03:09 AM
Thank you Hbert997 for the link and the info.

I agree with the assessment that our days can be identified with accuracy.
As I pointed out in my writing, I believe that the seven day creation week is an immutable framework which holds the entire creation, heavenly bodies and all, in place. The sun and the moon would go out of whack, or cease to exist, before the weekly cycle of day-1 through day-7 would fall apart.

When I was in my early twenties, long before I ever picked up a Bible to read, I became intrigued by man-made versus natural features. At the time I believed that everything in nature had evolved very slowly, or "naturally", by random chance according to the theory of evolution. I was not aware that it's a theory as it had been taught to me as a "fact".

I was noticing that at the end of extended wilderness hikes, when I got back to a trail head again, man-made features such as fire pits and rock retaining walls stood out like sore thumbs to me. I developed the idea that these man-made features were "artificial", as opposed to the "naturally evolved" features, such as mountains, the earth, animals, flowers, water, creeks, clouds, etc.
Something about this distinction between "natural" and "artificial" kept bugging me and I wanted to get to the bottom of it.

At this point my Elohim revealed some truth to me which I had no other way of finding out at the time.
In a vision, He took me on a mini-tour of outer space and showed me that what I perceived as "naturally evolved", the moon and the sun in this case, was created, or "artificial" according to my way of thinking.
This totally blew my mind at the time, as I was not aware of the creation account.
Later He showed me some more things about His creation which convinced me that the earth, moon and sun were not "evolved" naturally, as I had thought.
It was not until seven years later though, when I read the book of Genesis, that the full import of what He had shown me began to completely sink in with me.

Based on what He has revealed to me, there is now no doubt in my mind that He keeps His protecting hand over certain created features of our world.
One such feature is the seven-day weekly cycle and the reliability of our calendars for week-day identification purposes, another one is the accuracy and reliability of His written Word even in translation (Textus Receptus), as well as the existence of a number of His witnesses in every age.
The gates of hell cannot prevail against these because He doesn't allow it.

It is written:
"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear [it].
Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry."
1 Corinthians 10:13-14

Shabbat Shalom

Hbert997
03-10-12, 05:09 AM
...another one is the accuracy and reliability of His written Word even in translation (Textus Receptus)....

It is written:
"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear [it].
Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry."
1 Corinthians 10:13-14

Shabbat Shalom

Treefarmer and all...yes, Shabbat Shalom! And what a wonderful experience you had above :)

This thread is fascinating and instructional and hopefully also for all who read and/or participate.

I think it vital to be like a "Berean"...as we are told by Rav Shaul (Paul) to be like them...Acts 17:11 "For the Jews there were nobler than the Jews of Thessalonica; and they gladly heard the word from them daily, and searched from the Scriptures whether these things were so." (AENT/Aramaic English New Testament)

You raise an interesting topic...the Textus Receptus (TR) and its "accuracy and reliability". Here's a question for you: are you then supportive of Greek primacy?

allodial
03-10-12, 09:31 AM
Perhaps this is relevant...

Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. (Luke 12:27)

Treefarmer
03-13-12, 02:49 AM
Treefarmer and all...yes, Shabbat Shalom! And what a wonderful experience you had above :)

This thread is fascinating and instructional and hopefully also for all who read and/or participate.

I think it vital to be like a "Berean"...as we are told by Rav Shaul (Paul) to be like them...Acts 17:11 "For the Jews there were nobler than the Jews of Thessalonica; and they gladly heard the word from them daily, and searched from the Scriptures whether these things were so." (AENT/Aramaic English New Testament)

You raise an interesting topic...the Textus Receptus (TR) and its "accuracy and reliability". Here's a question for you: are you then supportive of Greek primacy?

Interesting question, thank you Hbert997; I had never even heard of "Greek primacy" before.

I did an internet search and this is a short definition I found on enotes dot com (http://www.enotes.com/topic/Greek_Primacy):
"Greek Primacy is the view that the New Testament or its sources were originally written in Koine Greek. It is generally accepted by most scholars today that the New Testament of the Bible was written primarily, if not completely, in Koine or common Greek.[citation needed] Greek Primacy is asserted over and against Aramaic primacy and Hebrew Primacy."

Unfortunately I have no information on which language(s) the NT was originally written in, but I can tell you why I think that the Textus Receptus is "accurate and reliable."

Sometime in 2001, after I had begun to take an interest in the Bible (I had a NIV translation at the time), my Elohim showed me a very puzzling vision.
In the vision I and two good (atheist) friends of mine were on a quest for survival in the setting of man-made urban structures in different stages of decay. The vision ended with our exciting discovery, in the sub-basement of one of the structures, of an ancient treasure chest full of precious stones, gold, silver, and jewelry, which was the only thing of lasting value that could save us there.

At the time, I had no idea what the vision meant. It's meaning unfolded for me over the course of many years, through the physical manifestation of events from the vision in my own life, as well as answers to my prayers for clarification.
The urban structures symbolized the law and government of this country, and the treasure in the sub-basement symbolized the Word of God in the form of Incun. 1454.B5 in the Library of Congress and the Textus Receptus in the 1611 KJV. My Elohim showed me that I can rely on these for the knowledge which leads to salvation, freedom and everlasting life.

This does not mean that the Textus Receptus or Gutenberg Bible are the best translations. It just tells me that I can rely on them to be "a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path" in spite of their well known shortcomings.

I am not much of a book learner, but I benefit from the written Word of God when it resonates with my life experiences, of which frequent prophetic dreams and visions of a personal nature have always been a part.

I emphasized "personal nature" because I want to make it clear that I am NOT a prophet. My Elohim gives me these visions for my own guidance only, and they are mostly irrelevant to everyone else.
Nor do I think that my experiences are unique or based on any special skills (I have no special skills); I believe they are due to the fact that we live in the time described by the prophet Joel in chapter 2 of his book.

I have also learned, the hard way, that not all the dreams I ever had were from Yehovah. Some came from a spirit from below. This is why His written Word is so important to have:
"To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, [it is] because [there is] no light in them."

I have learned to be a Berean and a fruit inspector:D

Shalom

Anthony Joseph
03-13-12, 03:03 AM
The Hasidic, Talmudic and most other "practicing" Jews honor and keep the Sabbath on the seventh day (Saturday) and yet they mostly deny Yehoshuah as the Son of God, our Savior, the Messiah and the CHRIST.

If keeping the Sabbath is a sign/seal of those who are of the elect of the Divine Creator Yehovah and heirs to the Kingdom of Heaven on earth, then how do those that openly and vehemently deny Yehoshuah exhibit that sign/seal of Yehovah Elohim?

Hbert997
03-13-12, 07:08 AM
The Hasidic, Talmudic and most other "practicing" Jews honor and keep the Sabbath on the seventh day (Saturday) and yet they mostly deny Yehoshuah as the Son of God, our Savior, the Messiah and the CHRIST.

If keeping the Sabbath is a sign/seal of those who are of the elect of the Divine Creator Yehovah and heirs to the Kingdom of Heaven on earth, then how do those that openly and vehemently deny Yehoshuah exhibit that sign/seal of Yehovah Elohim?

Anthony Joseph, that is a great question. And as many of us know, we're not saved by obedience, bloodline or what we do "our works"...but only by grace and a free gift and not of our own doing. However, that doesn't let us off the hook to be obedient or to understand "who" we are in relation to YHWH and His Mashiyach, be it Jew, Israelite or Gentile. It just means we're not saved for being, or being obedient...or for that matter "who" we are as in bloodline.

A friend of my, Baruch ben Daniel, wrote this excellent article showing the scriptural distinctions of the 3 Israels found there in both the Tanach/Old Testament and the B'rit Chadasha/Renewed Covenant (New Testament: Israel according to bloodline, the Israel of Elohim according to the Spiritual Kingdom and the third is Israel according to both blood and spirit. And I will add that not ALL Jews rejected Y'shua as the Messiah/Mashiyach...and certainly not all of the Jewish religious leaders of the day do either. (cont.)

Here's Baruch's article:

( taken from http://www.mashiyach.com/israel.htm )

There are essentially three "Israels" in Scripture, Israel according to bloodline, the Israel of Elohim according to the Spiritual Kingdom and the third is Israel according to both blood and spirit.

Israel according to Bloodline

Israelites by blood are born into one of the 12 tribes of Israel and their generations. Ya'akov was given the name "Israel" by YHWH, which means "Prince of Elohim." Some translators suggest that the Hebrew sarah is better translated as overcomer, but this is simply a theological persuasion. The Hebrew sar is well established as prince, as in Sar Shalom, the Prince of Peace. This is important to recognize because Ya'akov the supplanter (cheater) becomes a prince of Elohim according to his bloodline and spiritual calling and by overcoming his own nature with B'siyata d'shmaya (the help of heaven), but there is much more going on here than meets the eye.

The promise that Israel received is linked directly to the promises given to Avraham and Sarah. Ya'akov's new name "Israel" indicates that he is a prince of the chosen line, even the bloodline that carries the spiritual promise, as we read accounts of Israel's life we see that YHWH refers to him as Israel when he is obedient, but as Ya'akov when he falls short. This is how we ourselves are trained in spiritual matters, our forefathers teach us what is and what is not acceptable to YHWH.

The toldot (line or genealogy) of man according to the physical seed (family) has been chosen by YHWH to retain the knowledge of the Kingdom of Elohim, from Adam and Eve until the last human takes the last breath on planet earth every generation has had a prince of El to bear witness to the Kingdom of Elohim. The first mention of a Prince of El is in B'resheet/Genesis 23:6 "Hear us, my master: you are a prince with Elohim among us: in the choice of our sepulchers bury your dead; none of us shall withhold from you his sepulcher, but that you may bury your dead." Avraham is referred to as a nasi with Elohim, rather than a sar with Elohim, nasi comes from the prime root of nasa which means lifted up, in the context Avraham is lifted up by Elohim and is indeed a Prince of Elohim. It is this spiritual quality of Avraham that was planted among and offered to the Israelites according to YHWH's will.

Israel according to birthright is a people that was predestined before sin entered Adam and Eve, even if the label "Israel" was only revealed at the time of Ya'akov it makes no difference. The coming forth of Mashiyach through a race of people was promised in the seed of woman (Eve) in Genesis 3:15. The ancients knew very well that this seed prophesied in Genesis would be Mashiyach and that Mashiyach was to come out of this "line."

From the beginning of time YHWH has employed genetics to secure His Name and His Kingdom so that the inhabitants of the earth could hear of the One True Elohim Creator of all things. Genesis 5 & 11 are clear evidence that YHWH has established a Set Apart bloodline, even the New Covenant Writings begin with: "The book of the generation of Y'shua Mashiyach, the son of David, the son of Abraham." (Matthew 1:1) Clearly Mashiyach could only come through one chosen bloodline, any other "messiah" would be a laughingstock and completely illegitimate. Avraham was a Prince with Elohim, as was Noach, Enoch and Adam and it is through this bloodline that our forefathers received Instruction in Righteousness and taught their children about YHWH.

Israel of Elohim

Israel of the natural world is used to reveal the nature and qualities of Spiritual Israel, these Spiritual Israelites are they who are called by the Ruach haKodesh, who by Faith accept YHWH's Word as Covenant and who recognize His Government over all others. The Word of YHWH (Torah) is the covenant that the citizens of YHWH's Government welcome into their hearts and walk according to. The Israel of Elohim are referred to as a Kedoshim (Set Apart People), they distinguish between good and evil according to YHWH's Word as demonstrated through His Mashiyach Y'shua. The Israel of Elohim are a Kadosh Goyee (Set Apart Nation) that is a spiritual "nation" planted among all other nations where each one is given direction by the Ruach haKodesh. Natural Israel was physically scattered among all the nations for being disobedient, but their disobedience became opportunity for others. At the time of Babylon when language was confounded and peoples were scattered, YHWH was orchestrating the Jewish people to bear His Name before the rest of the nations, and by doing so He established the Israel of Elohim as a people within the people of Israel:

"Not, however, that the Word of Elohim has actually failed. For all are not Israel who are of Israel. Neither are they all sons because they are of the seed of Avraham: for it was said, In Yitzak shall your seed be called. That is, it is not the children of the flesh who are the children of Elohim; but the children of the promise are accounted for the seed." (Romans 9:6-8)

Throughout history the Israel of Elohim are they who by Faith observe Torah, and who by Faith put trust in Mashiyach Y'shua for deliverance and atonement. Those who are NOT Spiritual Israel do not see any need for a "physician" or deliverance because they measure themselves according to the flesh, not the spirit. Israel after the flesh demanded a king to be like the other nations and a king was granted, but there was also a provision given that all kings of Israel were required to fulfill:

"And it shall be, when he sits upon the throne of his kingdom, that he shall write him a copy of this Torah in a book out of that which is before the priests the Levites: And it shall be with him, and he shall read therein all the days of his life: that he may learn to fear YHWH his Elohim, to keep all the words of this law and these statutes, to do them: That his heart be not lifted up above his brethren, and that he turn not aside from the commandment, to the right hand, or to the left: to the end that he may prolong his days in his kingdom, he, and his children, in the midst of Israel." (D'varim/Deut. 17:18-20) Of course it was a relatively rare king who was obedient and followed this instruction, nevertheless YHWH raised up prophets to judge the kings and people of Israel according to His will.

The Israel of Elohim are they who become a New Creation and by entering into Covenant resist lawlessness and falsehood of man's temporary religions. "And to those who follow this path: Let there be peace and mercy upon them and upon the Israel of Elohim." (Galatians 6:16)

The Israel of Elohim is Spiritual Israel who walks by Faith according to the Torah Mashiyach and who sanctifies the Word of YHWH. Herein is where many religious sects make wild-eyed claims to be part of Spiritual Israel yet many are extremely anti-Torah, anti-Semitic and anti-Mashiyach by inventing their own "messiahs." The Israel of Elohim is not a divided people, it is not a denomination or one race of people and there is One covenant for both Jews and Gentiles that is unified according to Mashiyach for all souls equally. The Israel of Elohim is a kingdom of people who temporarily abide within the kingdoms of the earth, but are not part of these kingdoms.

Hbert997
03-13-12, 07:11 AM
(Continued)

Israelites of Blood and Spirit

Bloodline Israelites who are "born from the beginning" into the Malchut Elohim are they whom Jeremiah spoke of in regards to the New Covenant. The New Covenant was made with the house of Israel and Judah together, Mashiyach raised up his own people, then his people presented the Kingdom of Elohim to the rest of the world. These first generation followers of Y'shua held to the Way and entered into the New Covenant through believing upon Y'shua ben Yoseph and having Torah written upon their hearts. These who followed Y'shua were originally called those of the Way (derek in Hebrew). YHWH also said of Avraham, "For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the Derek (Way) of YHWH, to do justice and judgment; that YHWH may bring upon Avraham that which he has spoken of him." (Genesis 18:19)

Y'shua raised up talmidim (disciples) who were filled with the Ruach haKodesh and became sent ones or messengers Shlichim (Apostles), all the original followers of Y'shua were Jewish, they were both blood descendants and the spiritual line of Avraham. Many Levites and Priests accepted the Kingdom Offer that Y'shua made, the Kingdom Y'shua offered is a continuum of the Tree of Life that was planted in the Garden of Eden and was borne by Noach, Avraham, Moshe, David and then Mashiyach.

Yehudah

The original word for Jew is Yehudah which means Praiser of YHWH. YHWH chose Yehudah to carry the Scepter of Mashiyach's government. The physical and spiritual line of Yehuda brought Mashiyach through Ya'akov to Yitzchak to Avraham to Noah to Enoch to Adam all these men were spiritual Praisers of YHWH. It's only semantics to say that Ya'akov or Avraham weren't Jews because YHWH is very much employing genetics to secure His Promises for Jews and all others, He raises up a Set Apart people so the rest of the world will learn of Him and fear Him.

YHWH fulfills All His covenant promises to His people, even toward those who totally reject Him. Within Torah are blessings and curses that each one will experience according to their free choice to obey or disobey YHWH's Word. YHWH's people are in fact His Covenant. He created His people, chose His people and uses His people for His great Names sake and the rest of the nations are either learning to respect the Elohim of the Jews or they want to make war with YHWH and His people, so the Israel of Elohim has become the standard by which the rest of the world will be judged. Paul even says that YHWH blinded His people so that salvation could come to the Gentiles, but that He will open their eyes, indicating YHWH's Sovereign authority over everything in heaven and on earth, including His chosen people. Jews have free choice like everyone else and can obviously choose rebellion against YHWH, but the Renewed (New) Covenant makes every soul more accountable to YHWH, the Torah is magnified upon the heart, each soul is judged by the "spiritual priesthood" of Mashiyach. Mashiyach exemplifies the universal standard for all who would enter into the Malchut Elohim.

Hbert997
03-13-12, 07:13 AM
(Continued)

Spiritual Israel & Gentiles

Gentiles who accept the Kingdom offer to join with Israel are referred to as "Fearers of Elohim", when sojourners dwelled with Israel they were called Ger Toshav and they also were circumcised and kept Torah:

"And when a stranger shall sojourn with you, and will keep the passover to YHWH, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as one that is born in the land: for no uncircumcised person shall eat thereof. One law shall be to him that is homeborn, and unto the stranger that sojourns among you." (Exodus 12:48, 49)

"And if a stranger sojourn with you, or whosoever be among you in your generations, and will offer an offering made by fire, of a sweet savour unto YHWH; as you do, so he shall do. One ordinance shall be both for you of the congregation, and also for the stranger that sojourns with you, an ordinance for ever in your generations: as you are, so shall the stranger be before YHWH. One Torah and one manner shall be for you, and for the stranger that sojourns with you." (Numbers 15:14-16)

Torah is very clear that Gentiles are to turn from pagan practices and observe Torah as equals with the Jewish people. To demonstrate this concept YHWH raised up men like Caleb the Kenezite who had a "different spirit" and who exemplified those who were not bloodline Israelites but who were called to very high offices within Israel. Ruth the Moabitess is another who exemplifies a Gentile woman who was called by the Ruach haKodesh to join with Israel. It would be unconscionable to think of Caleb or Ruth as Gentiles because they were called by YHWH to be part of Israel and their part in the Kingdom is much more secure than bloodline Israelites who choose to slight YHWH and His Word.

The Ruach haKodesh guided the Apostles of Y'shua and gave them discernment for how Gentiles could make the transition from heathenism to Mashiyach.

"But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood. For Moses of old time has in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day." (Acts 15:20-21)

Notice that the Gentiles were attending synagogue and learning about Moses and Torah, and notice that the Apostles recognized that it was a process for Gentiles to enter into the Kingdom, there was a recognition of transition rather than an expectation of immediate compliance with Torah. However in the course of time, even within the next hundred years the Gentiles became a law unto themselves and put off joining with Israel to invent their own self made kingdoms, today denominational Christianity labels itself as "Spiritual Israel", but most have little or nothing in common with the Israel of Elohim or the remnant of Jewish people who hold to Y'shua as Mashiyach.

Paul teaches that the Goy shouldn't get so haughty, the unnatural branch is not born from the root and is not so familiar, knowledgeable and acquainted with Mashiyach and Torah as the natural branch. The fact that many Jews reject the Torahless Jesus is a credit toward Jews who understand very clearly that Mashiyach and his followers are not and cannot be anti-Torah, nor is their identity in Greek, Hellenized or pagan traditions.

Gentiles entered into the Kingdom of Elohim because the disciples and apostles of Y'shua were led by the Ruach haKodesh to offer the Kingdom of Elohim to people of all nations, Gentiles who come to Faith in Mashiyach are referred to as Fearers of Elohim in New Covenant writings and are part of Spiritual Israel, not a kingdom unto themselves. In reality many Gentiles are shedding the anti-Torah, anti-Mashiyach religious garments and turning to YHWH in Spirit and in Truth as they are led by the Ruach haKodesh to be part of one people whom YHWH is calling out for Himself, but most of these Gentiles have had to endure great animosity and resistance by their churches and family members.

The teaching that "the church" replaced Israel is both shameful and disgusting because the modern church would not even be recognized as the Faith of the First Century followers of Mashiyach. The church today has adopted most of the customs of the heathen, it is anti-Semitic, it is anti-Torah and yet it tries to command an equivalent or higher place than the Israel of Elohim, but of course this is simply a satanic deception that lulls sinners into believing that they are "justified in their sins."

Many Christians believe in a doctrine about justification by Faith modeled after Avraham, but in reality they practice a justification by Faith modeled after their own invention of Paul, because they are certainly NOT preaching circumcision and a perfect heart before YHWH. Many self proclaimed Israelites take on all form of Christian ideology as if to legitimize their own religion, but Mashiyach said, if you love me, keep my Commandments... and it's a big IF, so if a person has Faith they will observe Torah. Torah observance increases a persons capacity for Faith and that's what Avraham taught us.

Most Christians or Believers have a perspective of Israel that is based on their Christian identity, whereas Israel is also bound to the Covenant of Avraham by promise, by lineage and by a piece of real estate that is part of an eternal Covenant. The idea that the church replaced Israel, which is known as Replacement Theology is akin to haSatan replacing the Kingdom of Elohim with his own kingdom. In fact we have clear evidence that this is what the Christo-Pagan church is doing, with all the justification for Christmas trees, Ishtar eggs, Ishtar sunrise services, Sun-Day worship, using pagan names like JeZeus for the Mashiyach are all evidence of the fallen world trying to wear an Israelite label. Another telltale sign of the Church being a counterfeit Israel is by their own testimony of label, each Christian will tell you the name of their denomination as their spiritual identity. They say I'm a (name of denomination) when questioned about their faith and give glory to man's religious denominations by following the doctrines and traditions of their various churches, but far be it for most Christians to be engrafted into the Commonwealth of Israel and observe Torah and cease from their sins. The sad truth is that Christianity today is as Ya'akov the cheater, who has not become Israel the prince. And of course YHWH will judge the Church during a time called Jacob's trouble, because they say they are Israel but are not, they deceive themselves and others into breaking Torah and not upholding the Word of the Living Elohim.

The false church has invented comforting doctrines of demons for itself to even be rewarded with a "rapture" into heaven for it's insolence, rebellion and curses towards the Jewish people. The fact of the matter is that the false church is extremely easy to identify, read Scripture and compare the lifestyle of Y'shua Mashiyach to those who call themselves "Christ-like" (Christians), there is a great gulf between the two kingdoms. To be "like" Mashiyach means to be true to the calling of Israel and live as Y'shua lived, he observed Shabbat, he sanctified the Name of YHWH, he observed Torah and he loves the Jewish people, so why don't Christians do these things? This is what it means to be Israel after the Spirit, it is to recognize oneself as belonging to a people whom YHWH has chosen from before the foundations of the world. Every race of people has their failings so it is extremely foolish for Christians to point their fingers at Jews and slander them for their failings in an attempt to make themselves look better off. Are Christians any better off? I say NOT!!! As a overall general category there are about 1.3 Billion Christians who are hell bent on setting idols before themselves, the mother harlot church has a massive symbol of the sun at the heart of it's identity and all the Protestant Churches bought into many of their Mother's lies, there are pagan rituals throughout Christianity borrowed from Zeus and sun worship.

Oh foolish Christians, who hath bewitched thee, you are only begging for a harsher judgment because you claim to be Israel after the spirit of Mashiyach, yet you speak evil against Torah and break the Word of the Living Elohim. The global remedy to arrogant Christianity is Ya'akov's time of trouble, and this will certainly divide the sheep from the goats, many Christians will shake their fists at heaven and curse the Living Elohim when their pagan ideals come under judgment. Make no mistake about it, if Israel after the blood and the Jewish people have suffered because of wearing a "Jewish" label then the Church will suffer more for wearing the label of Mashiyach but scorning Torah and the perfection of the spiritual man.

YHWH be with you,
Shalom U'Vrachot,

Baruch ben Daniel

Treefarmer
03-15-12, 02:51 AM

Great question Anthony Joseph, I'm glad you brought this up.

I'll add another question:
How do those who openly and vehemently deny God's law (all 10 commandments) exhibit the name of the Savior?

The answer to both questions, IMHO, is they do it ignorantly and perhaps based on family traditions and fear of persecution.

There are many who adhere to the Law and deny it's author, Yahushuah the only begotten son of Yehovah, and there are many more who profess to follow Jesus CHRIST but deny the ten precepts of His Law as written by the finger of God in stone on the burning mountain top and placed in the ark of the covenant, and as recorded in the books of Moses as well as throughout the NT.

Yahushuah died a painful death on the cross to save us all:
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God."
John 3:16-21

I believe that the message of the three angels of Revelation 14:6-13 is especially relevant for all who have accepted only partial truth:

The first angel warns of the impending judgment and his proclamation contains an allusion to the fourth commandment: "worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters."

The second angel warns of the twice fallen condition of Babylon, which is a symbol of religious confusion and man-made religions.

The third angel warns of the mark of the beast and the punishment which comes to those who take it. He contrasts those who are undergoing this fearful punishment with the "patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus."

Revelation 14:12 clearly states that the saints are those who both keep the commandments of God AND the faith of Jesus.

In contrast to the saints are those who will choose the mark of the beast, which is haSatan's own counterfeit of the seal of God.
At the time of the National Sunday Law (http://reg6.com/) enforcement, yet future, when everyone will be forced to choose sides by either obeying God's law or haSatan's law, everyone's true allegiance will be revealed.
Those who do not love Yahushuah supremely and are not willing to die for Him will cease to keep God's law and pledge allegiance to haSatan's law in order to be able to buy and sell.

Partial obedience to Yehovah will not save anyone in the end; it is all or nothing, because we cannot serve two masters (see Matthew 6:24 and Luke 16:13).

One of the saddest scriptures I have ever come across is in Jeremiah 8:20:
"The harvest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not saved."

It is my prayer that all who read here will be among the saints who keep the commandments of God AND the faith of Yahushuah, so we can all stand together on the sea of glass to praise His holy name.

"Behold, now [is] the accepted time; behold, now [is] the day of salvation."
2 Corinthians 6

Shalom

Treefarmer
03-17-12, 02:42 AM
Here is a well researched lecture by Prof. Walter Veith (http://amazingdiscoveries.tv/media/87/505-the-final-conflict/) about contemporary Sabbath issues.

Shabbat Shalom

Hbert997
03-18-12, 02:41 AM
Interesting question, thank you Hbert997; I had never even heard of "Greek primacy" before.

I did an internet search and this is a short definition I found on enotes dot com (http://www.enotes.com/topic/Greek_Primacy):
"Greek Primacy is the view that the New Testament or its sources were originally written in Koine Greek. It is generally accepted by most scholars today that the New Testament of the Bible was written primarily, if not completely, in Koine or common Greek.[citation needed] Greek Primacy is asserted over and against Aramaic primacy and Hebrew Primacy."

Unfortunately I have no information on which language(s) the NT was originally written in, but I can tell you why I think that the Textus Receptus is "accurate and reliable."

Sometime in 2001, after I had begun to take an interest in the Bible (I had a NIV translation at the time), my Elohim showed me a very puzzling vision.
In the vision I and two good (atheist) friends of mine were on a quest for survival in the setting of man-made urban structures in different stages of decay. The vision ended with our exciting discovery, in the sub-basement of one of the structures, of an ancient treasure chest full of precious stones, gold, silver, and jewelry, which was the only thing of lasting value that could save us there.

At the time, I had no idea what the vision meant. It's meaning unfolded for me over the course of many years, through the physical manifestation of events from the vision in my own life, as well as answers to my prayers for clarification.
The urban structures symbolized the law and government of this country, and the treasure in the sub-basement symbolized the Word of God in the form of Incun. 1454.B5 in the Library of Congress and the Textus Receptus in the 1611 KJV. My Elohim showed me that I can rely on these for the knowledge which leads to salvation, freedom and everlasting life.

This does not mean that the Textus Receptus or Gutenberg Bible are the best translations. It just tells me that I can rely on them to be "a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path" in spite of their well known shortcomings.

Treefarmer, what "well known shortcomings" are you referring to in the TR/1611 KJV?

Treefarmer
03-19-12, 03:10 AM
Treefarmer, what "well known shortcomings" are you referring to in the TR/1611 KJV?

At the top of that list of shortcomings, IMHO, would have to be the fact that the name of God is rendered as LORD, even though the translators knew that His name is not LORD, as evidenced by their rendering of Exodus 6:3.
Strangely, Martin Luther did the same thing in his German translation, where he translated the name of God as "Herr" which is even more awkward than Lord, because every man is a Herr in German.
Considering the controversy surrounding the name of God, perhaps a case can be made for substituting LORD or Herr after all.

In the NT the name of Yahushuah, Yehovah Saves, is rendered as Jesus, or He-Zeus.

Then there are the numerous puzzling word choices, such as charity for agape, testament for diatheke, ghost for pneuma, and many others.
Using a Concordance and a lexicon will fix this problem of course.
I also have a Bible with marginal notes which sometimes gives a helpful alternate translation for certain words.

Another unfortunate result of translation is the fact that the beauty and power of the original language is lost. In the case of the Bible that amounts to many word plays, idiomatic expressions, alliterations, rhymes, etc, which cannot be reproduced in translation.

It makes for a fun Bible study to do a web search on "mistranslations in the KJV" or similar search terms. All kinds of stuff comes up and tempers run high with some scholars.
It gets even deeper when one compares the Textus Receptus to other sources.

Because of the translational oddities in the KJV and the German Martin Luther Bible, I really like to study with the Blue Letter Bible (http://www.blueletterbible.org/index.cfm) interlinear, set to the KJV default setting. With the help of Strong's concordance and Gesenius Lexicon and all the other study aids there I can learn a lot about God's written Word, as long as I submit to the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

In some sense, the written Word is just so much ink on paper, or pixels on a screen, and that's where the living connection with my Elohim comes in. If I don't get "it", all I have to do is ask, and He will show me personally, through nature, dreams and visions, and His servants on earth.

"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper [in the thing] whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:11

All the glory belongs to Him!

Hbert997
03-19-12, 04:53 AM
At the top of that list of shortcomings, IMHO, would have to be the fact that the name of God is rendered as LORD, even though the translators knew that His name is not LORD, as evidenced by their rendering of Exodus 6:3.
Strangely, Martin Luther did the same thing in his German translation, where he translated the name of God as "Herr" which is even more awkward than Lord, because every man is a Herr in German.
Considering the controversy surrounding the name of God, perhaps a case can be made for substituting LORD or Herr after all.

In the NT the name of Yahushuah, Yehovah Saves, is rendered as Jesus, or He-Zeus.

Then there are the numerous puzzling word choices, such as charity for agape, testament for diatheke, ghost for pneuma, and many others.
Using a Concordance and a lexicon will fix this problem of course.
I also have a Bible with marginal notes which sometimes gives a helpful alternate translation for certain words.

Another unfortunate result of translation is the fact that the beauty and power of the original language is lost. In the case of the Bible that amounts to many word plays, idiomatic expressions, alliterations, rhymes, etc, which cannot be reproduced in translation.

It makes for a fun Bible study to do a web search on "mistranslations in the KJV" or similar search terms. All kinds of stuff comes up and tempers run high with some scholars.
It gets even deeper when one compares the Textus Receptus to other sources.

Because of the translational oddities in the KJV and the German Martin Luther Bible, I really like to study with the Blue Letter Bible (http://www.blueletterbible.org/index.cfm) interlinear, set to the KJV default setting. With the help of Strong's concordance and Gesenius Lexicon and all the other study aids there I can learn a lot about God's written Word, as long as I submit to the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

In some sense, the written Word is just so much ink on paper, or pixels on a screen, and that's where the living connection with my Elohim comes in. If I don't get "it", all I have to do is ask, and He will show me personally, through nature, dreams and visions, and His servants on earth.

"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper [in the thing] whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:11

All the glory belongs to Him!

You're right, "Je-Zeus/Jesus" is not correct at all! I mean, imagine this happening...here he is, the Messiah, he was a Talit-wearing, Torah observant, feast & Sabbath-keeping Netzarim Jew coming by direct Jewish lineage from the line of King David (a Jew)...through both his mother AND his adoptive earthly father (both Jews), and yet somehow we're to believe that when the Angel appeared to both Miriam and Yoseph...that they were to call him by a GREEK NAME??? JESUS/JE-ZEUS??? Uhhhhhh, no. And do you think ANY angel is going to call His name "Jesus/Je-Zeus"? Uh, no again. And do you believe that has EVER happened? Nope/nada/never!

The Greek translators had every ability, even phonetically, within their language to translate (or transliterate) the name The Mashiyach heard all of his life...Y'shua/Yahshua/Yehshua...which in the original Aramaic is YHWH is Salvation. Not only did they get it wrong, they did it on purpose along with many other things too.

For instance, count up the generations listed in Matthew chapter 1:17 from the time of the Babylonian captivity to Y'shua in the KJV, or any other Greek translated bible such as the NIV, ESV, ASV, Douay Rheims, Holman, Wycliffe, Geneva, etc. The generations only add up only to 13. Oops, did Matthew make a mathematical error?

At one time in my life I was all for the "Authorized" Version of the King James Bible...because that is what I was taught to believe (along with Christmas, Easter and other christo-pagan holidays...but that's for another topic) after I saw the major discrepancies between that and the Wescott & Hort versions of their Greek translations...over 5600 changes or so. However, there is a problem with all of this...Greek never was the original language of the Renewed Covenant writings to begin with.

What language did our Messiah and his talmidim (disciples) speak? What did Matthew write his gospel in? What language did Rav Shaul (Apostle Paul) speak and write in? All of them wrote and/or spoke Aramaic. Not Greek. And there is now beautiful proof of this fact. Please see: http://www.aent.org/

And by the way, the mathematical problem in the Greek Matthew elegantly goes away in the original Aramaic. See: http://www.tushiyah.org/TheGowra.pdf And where there are major problems with the harmony of the original Hebrew Tanakh (Torah, Prophets & Writings) and the Greek New Testament translations...those all go away in the original Aramaic New Testament writings as well.

YHWH our Elohim DID preserve His Word just like He promised...however, it wasn't in the way we have always been led to believe. See: http://aramaicnttruth.org/downloads/LEARNING%20THE%20BASICS.pdf

And a further in-depth analysis of what came first, Greek or Aramaic: http://www.aramaicpeshitta.com/Was%20the%20New%20Testament%20Really%20Written%20i n%20Greek%20-%20Edition%201a.pdf

Blessings!

Hbert997

Hbert997
03-26-12, 07:26 PM
Here is a well researched lecture by Prof. Walter Veith (http://amazingdiscoveries.tv/media/87/505-the-final-conflict/) about contemporary Sabbath issues.

Shabbat Shalom

Treefarmer... While I can certainly appreciate Dr. Veith's passion for history and things scriptural, I cannot support his views based on the teachings of Ellen G. White and the SDA theology of Investigative Judgment, Replacement Theology among many other things which cannot be found in scripture.

Hbert997

Treefarmer
03-28-12, 04:06 AM
Treefarmer... While I can certainly appreciate Dr. Veith's passion for history and things scriptural, I cannot support his views based on the teachings of Ellen G. White and the SDA theology of Investigative Judgment, Replacement Theology among many other things which cannot be found in scripture.

Hbert997

The wonderful thing about prophecy is that at some point in time it either turns into history, or fails to do so, and in hindsight everything becomes perfectly clear.

Treefarmer
04-12-12, 02:01 AM
You're right, "Je-Zeus/Jesus" is not correct at all! I mean, imagine this happening...here he is, the Messiah, he was a Talit-wearing, Torah observant, feast & Sabbath-keeping Netzarim Jew coming by direct Jewish lineage from the line of King David (a Jew)...through both his mother AND his adoptive earthly father (both Jews), and yet somehow we're to believe that when the Angel appeared to both Miriam and Yoseph...that they were to call him by a GREEK NAME??? JESUS/JE-ZEUS??? Uhhhhhh, no. And do you think ANY angel is going to call His name "Jesus/Je-Zeus"? Uh, no again. And do you believe that has EVER happened? Nope/nada/never!

The Greek translators had every ability, even phonetically, within their language to translate (or transliterate) the name The Mashiyach heard all of his life...Y'shua/Yahshua/Yehshua...which in the original Aramaic is YHWH is Salvation. Not only did they get it wrong, they did it on purpose along with many other things too.

For instance, count up the generations listed in Matthew chapter 1:17 from the time of the Babylonian captivity to Y'shua in the KJV, or any other Greek translated bible such as the NIV, ESV, ASV, Douay Rheims, Holman, Wycliffe, Geneva, etc. The generations only add up only to 13. Oops, did Matthew make a mathematical error?

At one time in my life I was all for the "Authorized" Version of the King James Bible...because that is what I was taught to believe (along with Christmas, Easter and other christo-pagan holidays...but that's for another topic) after I saw the major discrepancies between that and the Wescott & Hort versions of their Greek translations...over 5600 changes or so. However, there is a problem with all of this...Greek never was the original language of the Renewed Covenant writings to begin with.

What language did our Messiah and his talmidim (disciples) speak? What did Matthew write his gospel in? What language did Rav Shaul (Apostle Paul) speak and write in? All of them wrote and/or spoke Aramaic. Not Greek. And there is now beautiful proof of this fact. Please see: http://www.aent.org/

And by the way, the mathematical problem in the Greek Matthew elegantly goes away in the original Aramaic. See: http://www.tushiyah.org/TheGowra.pdf And where there are major problems with the harmony of the original Hebrew Tanakh (Torah, Prophets & Writings) and the Greek New Testament translations...those all go away in the original Aramaic New Testament writings as well.

YHWH our Elohim DID preserve His Word just like He promised...however, it wasn't in the way we have always been led to believe. See: http://aramaicnttruth.org/downloads/LEARNING%20THE%20BASICS.pdf

And a further in-depth analysis of what came first, Greek or Aramaic: http://www.aramaicpeshitta.com/Was%20the%20New%20Testament%20Really%20Written%20i n%20Greek%20-%20Edition%201a.pdf

Blessings!

Hbert997

Thank you for the links Hbert997.
I finally had some time to look at those websites.

It's great that there are so many awesome and free resources for studying the Word of God now.
The knowledge shall indeed be increased!

Funny thing is, even though in my atheist/secular humanist upbringing and schooling I was taught that the Bible is pure fairy-tales and folklore, I was also taught that Jesus and His disciples, if indeed they had existed, would have spoken and written Hebrew or Aramaic and that the Greek NT was a translation.

Having grown up in Europe, surrounded by different languages, I'm used to translations and they don't bother me, as long as they are good ones.
Part of my family speaks modern day Hebrew, others speak German, others English. My family often spent summers in Italy when I was a kid. I have learned and forgotten several languages in my lifetime already.

Since I've been confronted with such a hodge-podge of languages in my life, I don't sweat the details.
I'm just happy if I can communicate at all.

I wonder what the language in heaven will be like?

Treefarmer
10-06-12, 12:40 AM
A time for joy:
a day to be remembered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cfyz8U44MsU&feature=player_detailpage

Shabbat Shalom