PDA

View Full Version : Birth Certificates and Identity

shikamaru
05-05-12, 08:12 PM
A super interesting webpage:

Legal History: Birth Certificates and Identity (idhistory.ncidpolicy.org/hist_identity_bc.html)

David Merrill
05-05-12, 09:49 PM
A super interesting webpage:

Legal History: Birth Certificates and Identity (idhistory.ncidpolicy.org/hist_identity_bc.html)

Thank you for that very interesting reading!

I compiled an interesting chapter (http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/9640/legalidentityvining.pdf) from Legal Identity; The Coming of Age of Public Law by Joseph VINING (http://web.law.umich.edu/_FacultyBioPage/facultybiopagenew.asp?ID=98).

shikamaru
05-05-12, 10:28 PM
Personal identity is set and defined by the individual, not government.

LEGAL identity is different all together.

Identity can be changed at any time for any reason other than fraud, criminal charges, or attempting to evade debt.

David Merrill
05-06-12, 03:35 AM
Personal identity is set and defined by the individual, not government.

LEGAL identity is different all together.

Identity can be changed at any time for any reason other than fraud, criminal charges, or attempting to evade debt.

Agreed.

Furthermore the SSN only exists when you display a trust in it.

This works to liberate but can be obnoxious because of agreements from the past that linger.

shikamaru
05-06-12, 02:56 PM
Agreed.

Furthermore the SSN only exists when you display a trust in it.

This works to liberate but can be obnoxious because of agreements from the past that linger.

Given identification links to a record as well as its continuity (record keeping), I would take concrete steps to wind down that record and all accounts attached thereto.

Binbokusai Yagyuu
05-06-12, 03:05 PM
awesome linky, Shik ....

thank you

David Merrill
05-07-12, 12:01 AM
Given identification links to a record as well as its continuity (record keeping), I would take concrete steps to wind down that record and all accounts attached thereto.

Yes. But that may be a lot easier than it sounds.

I recall when I told my credit union that they had to remove the SSN from that account they told me that they could not do that. I told them that they had to and they shut down my account instead; forgiving me a $4K Letter of Credit that was fully drawn! A couple months later they called my Dad and asked if he would give them my SSN? He did not even know but knew better than to give it if he did.

shikamaru
05-08-12, 10:36 PM
Yes. But that may be a lot easier than it sounds.

I recall when I told my credit union that they had to remove the SSN from that account they told me that they could not do that. I told them that they had to and they shut down my account instead; forgiving me a $4K Letter of Credit that was fully drawn! A couple months later they called my Dad and asked if he would give them my SSN? He did not even know but knew better than to give it if he did.

Actually, it is easier than you think.

Most records will only be active for a few years. Afterwards, the statute of limitations kick in.
Some may last a bit longer than others, but most will be affected by statue of limitations.

You will need to arrange your commercial affairs and such to unwind from records and agreements.
Privacy begins with one's mouth and actions.

David Merrill
05-09-12, 12:17 AM
Actually, it is easier than you think.

Most records will only be active for a few years. Afterwards, the statute of limitations kick in.
Some may last a bit longer than others, but most will be affected by statue of limitations.

You will need to arrange your commercial affairs and such to unwind from records and agreements.
Privacy begins with one's mouth and actions.

Yes!!

That makes sense; thank you for mentioning that. We indict ourselves with Information and unless we renew the indictments they become invalid by Statute of Limitations - three years. If this is true, then all usable traces of the SSN and so forth deteriorate after three years.

shikamaru
05-09-12, 11:02 PM
Yes!!

That makes sense; thank you for mentioning that. We indict ourselves with Information and unless we renew the indictments they become invalid by Statute of Limitations - three years. If this is true, then all usable traces of the SSN and so forth deteriorate after three years.

Most records are deleted after 3 - 5 years.

IRS records are held for 20 years I believe.
Some records are held forever.
You could probably find a chart somewhere concerning record retention schedules. Some are set by law such as banking records.

If you don't speak and act to keep such records alive, they expire all on their own.

Concerning those records held forever, why claim them?

allodial
05-12-12, 02:57 AM
IRS records are held for 20 years I believe.

Might be more like seven.

shikamaru
05-12-12, 03:45 PM
Might be more like seven.

Even better !! :D