PDA

View Full Version : Parking Authority

Jmi52
06-11-12, 11:12 PM
Hello All,
I am new to the club so thank you in advance for your patience. I wanted to run my situation by you all and would appreciate any feedback. Back in November, my car was parked on a city (Philadelphia) street, with an expired inspection sticker. I was cited via ticket (Please see my attachment) left in my windshield that I was responsible to pay a fine of $41 for this "violation"; no judge, no jury. Before I became privy all the information I have now acquired, thanks in part to the suitorsclub, I did play into their game, filing appeals and losing. I'll be damned if I cough up $0.1 to the city let alone $41 of my money. According to the parking authority, my next step is to file a personal suit against the City of Philadelphia parking authority by way of the Prothonotary's office.
My question to you is what would you suggest my next step be? My original thought was to file a cease and desist859

What do you all think of this?

Thank you again!
Jessica

David Merrill
06-11-12, 11:48 PM
Like you say, strictly administrative process. A timely R4C might have worked if you had an evidence repository.

It is never too late to learn how for next time. If you get that all set up with knowledge then you can learn them good next time? Meanwhile since you let the three days pass this time, I think you best just pay it up and hope they don't tag on a lot of late fees.

P.S. This is especially tricky when you are identified as indicated by your vehicle's plates.

Jmi52
06-12-12, 02:03 AM
R4C David? also, do you really think its too late? i shouldnt try to pursue a suit against the authority in a "higher" court? its just the dang principle you know?

David Merrill
06-12-12, 02:59 AM
R4C David? also, do you really think its too late? i shouldnt try to pursue a suit against the authority in a "higher" court? its just the dang principle you know?

If you insist I hope you will keep an accurate record and keep us filled in. I do not stand in the way of principle.

Refusal for Cause is a matter of contract, or rather your right not to. So it takes avoiding your signature bond in contract to begin with. This takes a keen sense of identity and understanding this relationship to the "higher courts" as you have put it.

When you try it without that foundation likely you will be made an example of.

Binbokusai Yagyuu
06-12-12, 02:16 PM
where are the Elements of a Contract in a Parking Ticket ..??

David Merrill
06-12-12, 06:58 PM
Excellent!

Here in Colorado it is called Last Registered Owner.

So even if you evade agreeing to the parking laws by registration, if you are driving (using) the car it can be ticketed and the last registered owner is held responsible.

Fine. But the subsequent tickets (http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/6103/fraternalorderofpolicet.pdf) may get a boot or a tow to the impound yard.

shikamaru
06-12-12, 08:59 PM
Hello All,
I am new to the club so thank you in advance for your patience. I wanted to run my situation by you all and would appreciate any feedback. Back in November, my car was parked on a city (Philadelphia) street, with an expired inspection sticker. I was cited via ticket (Please see my attachment) left in my windshield that I was responsible to pay a fine of $41 for this "violation"; no judge, no jury. Before I became privy all the information I have now acquired, thanks in part to the suitorsclub, I did play into their game, filing appeals and losing. I'll be damned if I cough up $0.1 to the city let alone $41 of my money. According to the parking authority, my next step is to file a personal suit against the City of Philadelphia parking authority by way of the Prothonotary's office.
My question to you is what would you suggest my next step be? My original thought was to file a cease and desist859

What do you all think of this?

Thank you again!
Jessica

You could look into the Administrative Procedures Act of your State, its equivalent.

I'd bet, easy enough, you can find some violation of their procedures and raising such knowledge in (administrative) court.

David Merrill
06-13-12, 08:56 AM
Thank you Shikamaru;

That is a good lead, at least for me. You got me curious about a file directory I stored a long time back and refer to sometimes. I compiled a document from it (https://www.box.com/files#/files/0/f/0/1/f_2421707898).

shikamaru
06-14-12, 11:24 AM
Thank you Shikamaru;

That is a good lead, at least for me. You got me curious about a file directory I stored a long time back and refer to sometimes. I compiled a document from it (https://www.box.com/files#/files/0/f/0/1/f_2421707898).

And you've raised my curiosity. I will need to do more research on the nature of administrative government and courts (the 4th branch of government).

Being their processes are summary, we know it descends from the Roman Civil Law tradition.

Some say that administrative courts were to be used for the people to bring complaints against government officials.

Binbokusai Yagyuu
06-16-12, 02:51 PM
Administrative Law = Lack of Standing, Shik ...

David Merrill
06-16-12, 11:44 PM
Administrative Law = Lack of Standing, Shik ...

I perused American Jurisprudence - Administrative Law - many years ago. It opened my eyes a bit.

allodial
06-19-12, 02:47 AM
So even if you evade agreeing to the parking laws by registration, if you are driving (using) the car it can be ticketed and the last registered owner is held responsible.

That is because that bond is still valid. Did the title application have an expiration date on it? (Major hint/insight lurking.)

David Merrill
06-19-12, 03:18 PM
That is because that bond is still valid. Did the title application have an expiration date on it? (Major hint/insight lurking.)

Excellent point. I am going to have my process server order up another certified copy of my $20M Lien (http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/7398/20mlienoriginalreturn.jpg). I do not see an expiration date on Section 6 - perpetual inheritance (http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/544/charteroffreedomsandexe.pdf).

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/4227/freedomsandexemptions1.jpg

allodial
06-19-12, 04:41 PM
Definitely related. Re: automobile/parking tickets it seems that some kind of action would have to be taken to void or cancel the registration of the previous owner.