PDA

View Full Version : Have you guys seen this or methods resembling this?

cernicolo
07-19-12, 12:28 AM
At this link you can view a news article stating some new fairly extreme measures in a North Carolina county to extort and subjugate the populace.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/New-tool-allows-deputies-to-go-after-car-owners-who-owe-taxes-162597606.html

It looks to me like remedy may be a little difficult in such circumstances, though, for the moment, the county is only after those several months delinquent.

Treefarmer
07-23-12, 02:50 AM
If there were no popular support for this tax, it would not exist.
The fact that it exists probably means that enough people support it.
Cui bono?

If everyone who did not support this tax moved away from that jurisdiction or got a bicycle instead of a car, it would send a message to the taxing authorities.

EZrhythm
07-23-12, 05:53 AM
They have license recognition in our area too but they scan plates for other purposes than unpaid tax such as warrants. Remedy difficult to achieve? Hardly. I have canceled the Certificate of Title, ("STATE OF" security interest) and drive with a state flag plate.

shikamaru
07-23-12, 11:04 AM
At this link you can view a news article stating some new fairly extreme measures in a North Carolina county to extort and subjugate the populace.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/New-tool-allows-deputies-to-go-after-car-owners-who-owe-taxes-162597606.html

It looks to me like remedy may be a little difficult in such circumstances, though, for the moment, the county is only after those several months delinquent.

Sounds like an excuse to practice brigandage.

Historically, governments tend to do this as revenue streams dry up.

shikamaru
07-23-12, 11:06 AM
They have license recognition in our area too but they scan plates for other purposes than unpaid tax such as warrants. Remedy difficult to achieve? Hardly. I have canceled the Certificate of Title, ("STATE OF" security interest) and drive with a state flag plate.

Sounds extremely interesting. Do you have any more information on this or could you direct me to more information on this?

Also, what about the DOT method?