PDA

View Full Version : Redemption by Hand

David Merrill
08-29-12, 05:03 AM
It appears that the postal service machine was broken. So the postal clerk redeemed lawful money by hand (http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5971/handredemptionpoclerk.pdf).

martin earl
09-01-12, 03:55 AM
Reminds me of a day I had some stamps to round date for the record. The clerk, after asking what I wanted to do, handed me the round date and had me cancel the stamps myself!

David Merrill
09-01-12, 10:23 AM
Reminds me of a day I had some stamps to round date for the record. The clerk, after asking what I wanted to do, handed me the round date and had me cancel the stamps myself!

Seal driver.

Anthony Joseph
09-03-12, 02:29 AM
I have dealt with both ends of that spectrum; some clerks will stamp anything you ask for, or hand it to you to stamp yourself, and others guard that stamper as if it is the Holy Grail. I just depends on who you are dealing with and on what day you are there.

It's almost comical at times to watch and listen to certain counter clerks defend the stamper as a self-perceived "untouchable" instrument and others just hand it over not unlike a pen or a stapler.

David Merrill
09-03-12, 01:15 PM
Like with the red Registered Mail stickers too.

Regulations allow that the clerk will give a regular Registered Mail patron an entire roll of 600 stickers.

This is fresh on my mind from the other day. A California suitor went to get his stickers. They did not want to give them so he cited the regulation. The held a 10-minute pow wow and showed him his new 600 sticker roll but were concerned that they might not have enough for themselves. So he accepted their partial roll instead.

shikamaru
09-03-12, 01:26 PM
Like with the red Registered Mail stickers too.

Regulations allow that the clerk will give a regular Registered Mail patron an entire roll of 600 stickers.

This is fresh on my mind from the other day. A California suitor went to get his stickers. They did not want to give them so he cited the regulation. The held a 10-minute pow wow and showed him his new 600 sticker roll but were concerned that they might not have enough for themselves. So he accepted their partial roll instead.

I love when they go into a pow-pow over either a request, demand, or question one may pose to them.

Love it.