PDA

View Full Version : Bank Added Their Own Stamping

Stephen
01-01-13, 09:29 PM
Using my bank's online banking service I examined an image of a check I had deposited. In the image I saw that under my stamping the bank where I deposited the check had added their own stamping. Their stamp says "For Deposit Only" followed by the bank name. Also on their stamp was the number 144, and under that the bank's routing number. I am concerned about whether this additional stamping will negate mine.

David Merrill
01-01-13, 09:59 PM
Using my bank's online banking service I examined an image of a check I had deposited. In the image I saw that under my stamping the bank where I deposited the check had added their own stamping. Their stamp says "For Deposit Only" followed by the bank name. Also on their stamp was the number 144, and under that the bank's routing number. I am concerned about whether this additional stamping will negate mine.

If you have a record (copy) of the check's non-endorsement demand then you are fine. That is all you need to prove; that you made the demand.

What you might do is request the teller give you the copy of both sides on a sheet of printer paper. But if you have your own copy first then you are safe. It will be interesting to hear if the teller will give you a copy of your demand before or after the banks additions. Let us know please.