PDA

View Full Version : Made of platinum and worth $1 TRILLION each.

Chex
01-05-13, 03:32 PM

You can find it in subsection (k) of 31 USC 5112, which governs "Denominations, specifications, and design of coins."

(k) The Secretary may mint and issue platinum bullion coins and proof platinum coins in accordance with such specifications, designs, varieties, quantities, denominations, and inscriptions as the Secretary, in the Secretary's discretion, may prescribe from time to time.

Thanks to a law, the government can mint a platinum coin worth any amount.

It then can deposit it at the Federal Reserve to pay off $1 trillion in debt, which would swing the government far below its debt limit.

There are questions about whether this really would be legal or constitutional though.

It then can deposit it at the Federal Reserve to pay me off.

Chex
01-07-13, 05:05 PM
What is a Fractional Reserve System?

‘Fractional reserve banking’ allows banks to keep only a fraction of their deposits while lending out the rest with interest to other clients.

Banks are therefore capable of loaning out money which they do not in fact possess.

The assumption, of course, is that people will not all withdraw their funds from the banking system at the same time.

In the US, a bank deposit of 1000$, 900$ or 90%–is lent out: 100$ is kept in reserve, and $900 is released into the market in the form of a loan.

The beauty of this system is that the money lent out will most probably be brought back to the bank in the form of a deposit by either the borrower himself or by someone who has received his money in payment.

This theoretical 900$, registered as a deposit, is now ready to be divided: 90$ (or 10%) will be kept in reserve, and 810$ (or 90%) will be lent out again. Money has just been created!

This situation gets even worse in some countries, for instance Canada and Australia have a 0% reserve requirement, thus banks in these countries among others have the ability to create virtually an unlimited amount of money.

This phantom money that is loaned out is created out of thin air, phantom money for which in turn banks charge a rate of interest to its borrowers.

When money is created, debt is created!

The problem with this system is that since more loans (credit) are created than actually deposits (money), it creates an environment where credit becomes significantly more important than money.

Every time a loan is created by a bank, the credit supply expands.

According to the FED’s Total Credit Market Debt Owed”, is approximately 53$ trillion and 2.4$ trillion in the true money supply (M1).

In other words, cash money is approximately 4.5% of credit (TCMD/M1).

See the figures here: http://www.usdebtclock.org/

The result to our economy is that boom periods are hardly driven by cash money, as cash money is insignificant in relation to credit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K41O2QfpjA&feature=player_embedded

The spectacular growth of the past two decades, it now turns out, was a mirage generated by the smoke and mirrors of rising debt and the willingness of the rest of the world to accept a flood of new dollars. Just how much the U.S. owes will shock you.

But even more shocking is the fact that we’re still at it. Like a family that has maintained its lifestyle by maxing out a series of credit cards, America is at the point where new debt goes to pay off the old rather than to create new wealth. Hence the past few years’ slow growth and steady loss of jobs.

Michael Joseph
01-07-13, 06:17 PM
IF WE CAN PERSUADE PEOPLE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8rQNdBmPek) - that about says it all doesn't it? Consider what happens if you don't deposit your paycheck. If you don't make a deposit you do not place your trust in another - no Fractional Reserve Lending can occur.

If someone gives me something to give to another but the giver does not issue forth terms, then in fact the gift is held in Trust by the Receiver according to the Will of the Receiver Trustee. That about sums up a Naked Endorsement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ssrcD5GdPQ&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImuVUab6WW0&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qsll_5-FXc&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK-741ISz94
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQf-u2nCVSw

but one interesting thing I note concerning this video - the commentator knows an awful amount of knowledge concerning this so called secret event at Jeckyll Island.

allodial
01-09-13, 03:44 AM
IMHO: most, many if not all so-called money-gurus are passing around misinformation whether well-meaning or not. In my analysis ALL MONEY/CURRENCY is fiat in nature. Even gold coin is fiat in nature in the sense that the sovereign with respect to a given forum, venue or jurisdiction defines what constitutes money and therefore what constitutes payment/settlement of debt obligations. Re: money as debt-> obligations seem to arise out of charges or taxes. Now that someone could have somehow concocted "negative money" and made it "mainstream" is perhaps not out of the question. But even gold coin of a specific weight and design is technically fiat currency.

fiat [?fa??t -æt]
n
1. official sanction; authoritative permission
2. an arbitrary order or decree
3. Chiefly literary any command, decision, or act of will that brings something about
[from Latin, literally: let it be done, from fier? to become]

Re: "Money is created out of thin air" -> Money is created by consensus, agreement, contract typically IN WRITING. If money is created out of thin air then would not the same be for banks, organizations, even for the Government of the United States? Is agreement memorialized on paper the same as thin air?

Although many may seem to be well-meaning, WHAT MONEY GURU IS REALLY GETTING TO THE HEART AND CORE OF THE HOWS AND WHYS ABOUT MONEY? Inflaming people and stirring them into anger and irritability without offering remedy what does that do? At least this forum discusses REMEDY.

The above isn't directed at anyone posting along this thread. This is generally in reference to the topic and the "buzz" that has been going around. From what I gather, it seems that many pushing for so-called "monetary reform" might be pushing a Trojan Horse--and perhaps a nasty one.

Michael Joseph
01-09-13, 04:24 AM
IMHO: most, many if not all so-called money-gurus are passing around misinformation whether well-meaning or not. In my analysis ALL MONEY/CURRENCY is fiat in nature. Even gold coin is fiat in nature in the sense that the sovereign with respect to a given forum, venue or jurisdiction defines what constitutes money and therefore what constitutes payment/settlement of debt obligations. Re: money as debt-> obligations seem to arise out of charges or taxes. Now that someone could have somehow concocted "negative money" and made it "mainstream" is perhaps not out of the question. But even gold coin of a specific weight and design is technically fiat currency.

Re: "Money is created out of thin air" -> Money is created by consensus, agreement, contract typically IN WRITING. If money is created out of thin air then would not the same be for banks, organizations, even for the Government of the United States? Is agreement memorialized on paper the same as thin air?

Although many may seem to be well-meaning, WHAT MONEY GURU IS REALLY GETTING TO THE HEART AND CORE OF THE HOWS AND WHYS ABOUT MONEY? Inflaming people and stirring them into anger and irritability without offering remedy what does that do? At least this forum discusses REMEDY.

The above isn't directed at anyone posting along this thread. This is generally in reference to the topic and the "buzz" that has been going around. From what I gather, it seems that many pushing for so-called "monetary reform" might be pushing a Trojan Horse--and perhaps a nasty one.

I like your style.

Chex
01-09-13, 06:04 AM
If Obama Can Just Create A Trillion Dollar Coin, Then Why Do We Have To Pay Taxes?

Nearly $1.4 billion in surplus dollar coins are sitting in Federal Reserve. Any takers?

Brian
01-09-13, 08:56 AM
If Obama Can Just Create A Trillion Dollar Coin, Then Why Do We Have To Pay Taxes?

Nearly $1.4 billion in surplus dollar coins are sitting in Federal Reserve. Any takers?

Start demanding them and depositing them into your account to secure the credit that, that account balance represents.

shikamaru
01-09-13, 10:42 AM
What I will add concerning "money":

From a commercial perspective:

Keep your personal debts small or non-existent.
Keep your personal estate private.
If you want to do debt, do it through a business or trust.

You want to be heavy personal property and light personal assets as commercial paper.

If you want to do commercial paper, again, do it through a trust or business.

The paper is a liability.

David Merrill
01-09-13, 02:33 PM
There may be something to unconditional acceptance of the commercial presentment. A suitor who has been busy and dropped off the brain trust for a few years has some interesting testimony on that. Hopefully that works out to be an interesting development!

allodial
01-10-13, 05:41 PM
There may be something to unconditional acceptance of the commercial presentment. A suitor who has been busy and dropped off the brain trust for a few years has some interesting testimony on that. Hopefully that works out to be an interesting development!

Likely its no coincidence that acceptances are customarily part of the money supply in the USA, UK, Canada, NZ, etc. There might similarity worth noting between 'acceptance' and 'cancellation'. To extend the above. Few "patriot sites" really evidence comprehension of acceptances.

In my decades of analysis and I dunno if anyone will at this time find it spelled out as clearly as this ANYWHERE: All money is based upon sovereign prerogative. That is why they are after your crown. That is why they want to turn everyone into serfs or subjects. They are covetous of authority. They might claim to be against this or that .. or for "change" while really aiming to bring about the "change" of taking your crown and authority making it theirs. With the Great Revolution, the French Revolution and the Bolsheviks Revolution the target was "the crown" --or rather sovereign prerogative. In particular -> gaining control over the sovereign prerogatives associated with money: i.e. the very thing they claimed to be against and to despise and to seek to topple they themselves were simply deceiving people to undermine their own inheritance enough to allow them to take over and afflict the respective peoples with adversity. Perhaps they hated the monarchies (Romanovs, Ancien Regime, etc.) in the sense that they hated not having the power that they had. The power to issue money is rooted in sovereignty and this is why are out to undermine all crowns. Even the Soviets had a currency. :)

allodial
01-10-13, 05:43 PM
**duplicated**

shikamaru
01-10-13, 09:39 PM
Likely its no coincidence that acceptances are customarily part of the money supply in the USA, UK, Canada, NZ, etc. There might similarity worth noting between 'acceptance' and 'cancellation'. To extend the above. Few "patriot sites" really evidence comprehension of acceptances.

In my decades of analysis and I dunno if anyone will at this time find it spelled out as clearly as this ANYWHERE: All money is based upon sovereign prerogative. That is why they are after your crown. That is why they want to turn everyone into serfs or subjects. They are covetous of authority. They might claim to be against this or that .. or for "change" while really aiming to bring about the "change" of taking your crown and authority making it theirs. With the Great Revolution, the French Revolution and the Bolsheviks Revolution the target was "the crown" --or rather sovereign prerogative. In particular -> gaining control over the sovereign prerogatives associated with money: i.e. the very thing they claimed to be against and to despise and to seek to topple they themselves were simply deceiving people to undermine their own inheritance enough to allow them to take over and afflict the respective peoples with adversity. Perhaps they hated the monarchies (Romanovs, Ancien Regime, etc.) in the sense that they hated not having the power that they had. The power to issue money is rooted in sovereignty and this is why are out to undermine all crowns. Even the Soviets had a currency. :)

I concur. Having research for far less years than yourself, I've come to that conclusion as well.

The issuing of money or coinage is a sovereign prerogative jealously guarded by the holder.
Who can and can't have private armies would probably be second :).

It helps to have a private army when collections are due .....

Keith Alan
01-10-13, 10:24 PM
Sovereign prerogative... I like it, especially since every person in America has authority to issue currency, if they can get someone else to accept it, and so long as it can't be mistaken for US currency.

I took a very serious look at mutual credit last year, and it is a thing of beauty.

Chex
01-11-13, 12:29 AM
The $1 trillion platinum coin saga took a surprising turn as the Central Bank of Mars has expressed interest in buying 100 of the proposed coins.

Interpreters are puzzling over the meaning and subtexts of the Martian communique; since Martian is described as an often-ambiguous combination of Fortran and Hungarian, this is no easy task.

Opinion on the Martian offer is divided. Some suspect the Martian Central Bank intends to buy the $100 trillion in platinum coins with electronically created quatloos, i.e. worthless currency.

These observers believe the Martians intend to claim the $100 trillion in platinum coins constitutes a claim on the entire U.S.A., the purchase of which would effectively give the Martian Central Bank a massive beachhead on Earth.

Others believe the Martian Central Bank is simply playing an interplanetary practical joke, showing that any central bank that issues its own currency can magically create phantom money and assets. What better way to illustrate this than to buy $100 trillion in phantom assets with equally phantom quatloos?

A smaller cadre of analysts suspect the Martian Central Bank naively believes the fantasy that the arbitrary creation of assets, either via platinum coins or electronic entries in the Federal Reserve's balance sheet, creates actual value. Though this credulity borders on the fantastic, these analysts point to the many commentators in the U.S. who have bought into the platinum coin fantasy.

If Paul Krugman et al. have swallowed the fantasy that something of real value can be created from nothing, then why not the Martian Central Bank?

allodial
01-11-13, 01:13 AM
I concur. Having research for far less years than yourself, I've come to that conclusion as well.

The issuing of money or coinage is a sovereign prerogative jealously guarded by the holder.
Who can and can't have private armies would probably be second :).

It helps to have a private army when collections are due .....

Military imperium also is of sovereign prerogative.

Even the Soviets had a currency.

If the Bolsheviks utterly despised the Christian Russian Monarchy to the utmost why did the Ruble remain? Now if they hated that monarchy utterly why did they keep such a glaring vestige such as the Ruble? Why didn't they change the name at least? Why didnt they call it the Folkmark or the Labor-Unit or the Redmark? They kept it Ruble (over 500 years old currency) and why? Perhaps because they simply took over the old sovereign prerogative and hid it behind a curtain? Perhaps needed that very same prerogative in order to function? Perhaps "overthrow" and "change" was a ruse with the real intent to take over and continue the very same only..with a few layers of indirection?

http://www.kalamazoobottleclub.org/marvbanner.jpg

Sovereign prerogative... I like it, especially since every person in America has authority to issue currency, if they can get someone else to accept it, and so long as it can't be mistaken for US currency.

I took a very serious look at mutual credit last year, and it is a thing of beauty.

Perhaps its more like "so long as it doesn't resemble coins or currency" minted or printed by the US Govt. or the Federal Reserve. Perhaps the topic of 'social credit' might be of interest to you?

Keith Alan
01-11-13, 02:56 AM
Military imperium also is of sovereign prerogative.

If the Bolsheviks utterly despised the Christian Russian Monarchy to the utmost why did the Ruble remain? Now if they hated that monarchy utterly why did they keep such a glaring vestige such as the Ruble? Why didn't they change the name at least? Why didnt they call it the Folkmark or the Labor-Unit or the Redmark? They kept it Ruble (over 500 years old currency) and why? Perhaps because they simply took over the old sovereign prerogative and hid it behind a curtain? Perhaps needed that very same prerogative in order to function? Perhaps "overthrow" and "change" was a ruse with the real intent to take over and continue the very same only..with a few layers of indirection?

http://www.kalamazoobottleclub.org/marvbanner.jpg

Perhaps its more like "so long as it doesn't resemble coins or currency" minted or printed by the US Govt. or the Federal Reserve. Perhaps the topic of 'social credit' might be of interest to you?

I'm always interested in different exchange systems.

Keith Alan
01-11-13, 03:01 AM
The $1 trillion platinum coin saga took a surprising turn as the Central Bank of Mars has expressed interest in buying 100 of the proposed coins.

Interpreters are puzzling over the meaning and subtexts of the Martian communique; since Martian is described as an often-ambiguous combination of Fortran and Hungarian, this is no easy task.

Opinion on the Martian offer is divided. Some suspect the Martian Central Bank intends to buy the $100 trillion in platinum coins with electronically created quatloos, i.e. worthless currency.

These observers believe the Martians intend to claim the $100 trillion in platinum coins constitutes a claim on the entire U.S.A., the purchase of which would effectively give the Martian Central Bank a massive beachhead on Earth.

Others believe the Martian Central Bank is simply playing an interplanetary practical joke, showing that any central bank that issues its own currency can magically create phantom money and assets. What better way to illustrate this than to buy $100 trillion in phantom assets with equally phantom quatloos?

A smaller cadre of analysts suspect the Martian Central Bank naively believes the fantasy that the arbitrary creation of assets, either via platinum coins or electronic entries in the Federal Reserve's balance sheet, creates actual value. Though this credulity borders on the fantastic, these analysts point to the many commentators in the U.S. who have bought into the platinum coin fantasy.

If Paul Krugman et al. have swallowed the fantasy that something of real value can be created from nothing, then why not the Martian Central Bank?

It will be a collectible coin. Might be worth hundreds of billions and billions. Why not borrow against it? That's why I think Geithner is going and Lew replaces him. Geithner is US Governor for IMF. If IMF puts up the money, there's a conflict of interest. In the event of a debt ceiling controversy, the Presidenst would be all set.

allodial
01-11-13, 04:10 AM
Keep in mind that the Platinum coins are "Silver" in appearance and in some regard could be construed to be "Silver coin" just like quarters, 50-cent pieces, dimes and nickels.

Keith Alan
01-11-13, 05:13 AM
Keep in mind that the Platinum coins are "Silver" in appearance and in some regard could be construed to be "Silver coin" just like quarters, 50-cent pieces, dimes and nickels.

Yes, that too. I think the deal goes through.

shikamaru
01-11-13, 10:53 AM

You are aware that there is a treatise on the subject of sovereign prerogatives?

Keith Alan
01-11-13, 12:19 PM
You are aware that there is a treatise on the subject of sovereign prerogatives?

Oh, no doubt, although I haven't read one. Still, I think I understand the concept well enough.

Chex
01-11-13, 03:50 PM
Nothing like living the debt slave dream!

They keep pushing the ball deeper into the water; you can only hold this ball under water for so long.

Nothing but the promise.

For The Money Masters uses taxpaying slaves, many of whom apparently believe they are free and sovereign citizens of a sovereign "nation," as collateral, to conjure what they claim is 'money,' we all know it’s really debt. Nothing of inherent value backing it, and you can see the magnitude of it a thousand times or more from the point of inception/creation.

Getting a nation to endorse it as monopolistic fiat (and enforce the monopolistic recognition of it as such for the payment debt, both public and private, via codified law and corollary enforcement agencies).

Not only do they lose nothing, they actually gain any real assets that were pledged as collateral to securitize most of the loans that went 'bad' - Harvest.

I like this chart because you can visualize where the policies like Bretton Woods Agreement, Plaza Accord, Federal Reserve Act of 1913; closing of the gold standard in 1971 &c came in and how things changed.

Every time we endorse, write a check, use the credit card, we create more debt. http://www.usdebtclock.org/

That coin is not going to do anything. Ron Paul has been telling it for years what this gov needs to do.

Keith Alan
01-11-13, 04:14 PM
Nothing like living the debt slave dream!

They keep pushing the ball deeper into the water; you can only hold this ball under water for so long.

Nothing but the promise.

For The Money Masters uses taxpaying slaves, many of whom apparently believe they are free and sovereign citizens of a sovereign "nation," as collateral, to conjure what they claim is 'money,' we all know it’s really debt. Nothing of inherent value backing it, and you can see the magnitude of it a thousand times or more from the point of inception/creation.

Getting a nation to endorse it as monopolistic fiat (and enforce the monopolistic recognition of it as such for the payment debt, both public and private, via codified law and corollary enforcement agencies).

Not only do they lose nothing, they actually gain any real assets that were pledged as collateral to securitize most of the loans that went 'bad' - Harvest.

I like this chart because you can visualize where the policies like Bretton Woods Agreement, Plaza Accord, Federal Reserve Act of 1913; closing of the gold standard in 1971 &c came in and how things changed.

Every time we endorse, write a check, use the credit card, we create more debt. http://www.usdebtclock.org/

That coin is not going to do anything. Ron Paul has been telling it for years what this gov needs to do.

It's a tool for the administration in the debt ceiling debate, nothing more. And if they make the coin and borrow against it, more debt will be created. But the political aims will be achieved.

I'm wondering what kind of deal could be struck that would cause IMF to lend against it. Certainly more tax revenues are in the works.

allodial
01-11-13, 04:21 PM
Au contrare, there is a value backing it.

The so-called "debt ceiling controversy" is all about the internal limit of the amount of money the Government of the United States can spend each year. Perhaps they keep raising the limit as part of a plan to make sure they don't ever turn a profit. As in: instead of kicking a profit back to the people, they raise the budget to absorb it. Isn't that a Communist thing to do? AFAIK, the current 'ceiling' is set at around $5M per government worker.

Chex
01-11-13, 07:59 PM
Because Roosevelt also agreed to bail out the banks. That was good news for consumers but bad news for currency control.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-true-story-of-the-time-the-government-printed-a--100-000-bill-164202605.html?page=all

shikamaru
01-11-13, 09:07 PM
Oh, no doubt, although I haven't read one. Still, I think I understand the concept well enough.

A little Blackstone for light reading (http://books.google.com/books?id=s48DAAAAQAAJ&pg=PA76&dq=sovereign+prerogatives&hl=en&sa=X&ei=vH7wUIT4GY65qQGxoYGYBQ&ved=0CDMQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=sovereign%20prerogatives&f=false) ....

I'll keep mining ....

shikamaru
01-11-13, 09:11 PM
More

A Treatise on the Law of the Prerogatives of the Crown: And the Relative Duties and Rights of the Subject (1820) (http://books.google.com/books?id=AbUDAAAAQAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=Prerogatives&hl=en&sa=X&ei=gn_wUMKKHoTMqQGdvoDoCw&sqi=2&ved=0CC0Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=Prerogatives&f=false) by Joseph Chitty

There is one on the office of pope as well ....

Chex
01-24-13, 07:48 AM
There is one organization that is considered to be so sacred in Washington D.C. that he will not dare utter a single negative word against it. http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/category/federal-reserve

Chex
01-29-13, 06:11 PM
Maybe the government should give them face value and pay off the private credit they borrowed.

http://news.yahoo.com/humble-nickel-1913-likely-fetch-millions-084723325.html

mikecz
01-29-13, 07:16 PM
I have to understand this whole dollar pegged to gold issue...

FDR didn't unpeg the dollar to my knowledge, he just made it illegal for Americans to possess it, he then deflated the dollar and kept foreign trade in it preserved. Now, basically from this point until 1971 gold was pegged at $35 / ounce (troy). Nixon refused to continue printing of the United States Note, which was the only lawful paper money in circulation as opposed to the FRN. I've read over the executive order 11615, and not being unfortunately well versed in law, I'm just not seeing it in there. Basically gold was reset within the following months/years to 42.22 dollars / ounce (troy), and remained static ever since. They say he closed the gold window, I just would like to see the wording, basically how the gold window was closed. It should be in plain english in the codes somewhere, I'm just not seeing it.

I'm thinking he didn't unpeg lawful money from gold at 42.22 / ounce, he just made it illegal to redeem it. As a consequence, the note has lost value, because of this. That is why I'm getting on the bandwagon that there has to be a gold supply. Also, post 1971, I'm under the impression that the FRN and the United states note in essence was brought together in one bill. Our current bill has both the federal reserve seal and the treasurers seal on it. This made it nearly impossible to seperate the 2 bills in value. Since rampant inflation has occured, coin (the other lawfully circulated money) has became nearly meaningless, to the delight of the cabal. Either way, any insight would be appreciated.

allodial
01-29-13, 07:36 PM
Or maybe what he and others did is deceive folk out of their gold who mistakenly believed themselves to be "citizens of the United States" (colloquial misapplication vs. strict legal meaning) when they were, say, private citizens of New York.

Chex
01-29-13, 09:58 PM
I have to understand this whole dollar pegged to gold issue...

They say he closed the gold window, I just would like to see the wording, basically how the gold window was closed. It should be in plain english in the codes somewhere, I'm just not seeing it.

I'm under the impression that the FRN and the United states note in essence was brought together in one bill. Our current bill has both the federal reserve seal and the treasurers seal on it.

This made it nearly impossible to seperate the 2 bills in value.

I like the way you think mikecz.

Treasury Seal
The Treasury Seal bears the date 1789, the year of the Department's creation. The balance scales represent justice; the key, an emblem of official authority; and the chevron with 13 stars, the 13 original states. On Federal Reserve notes the seal is overprinted in green.

Federal Reserve District Seal
The Federal Reserve District seal also bears the name of the issuing Federal Reserve Bank and the letter designating that Federal Reserve district.
A: Boston B: New York C: Philadelphia D: Cleveland
E: Richmond F: Atlanta G: Chicago H: St. Louis
I: Minneapolis J: Kansas City K: Dallas L: San Francisco

Like they say "Whats in your wallet."

Pick one:

I am just using the Silver as a example....

and then you mentioned nixon : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6NfXk7Bvc8

shikamaru
01-30-13, 11:21 PM
You know ....

... one may wish to stay away from US stamped gold and silver coin and either deal in rounds or foreign gold and silver coin.

US gold and silver coins are legal tender. Its stamp value is what's considered.
As far as government and the courts are concerned, there is no difference between a $50 gold buffalo coin and a $50 bill.

In fact, you may want to avoid "dollars" and dollar values all together ....