PDA

View Full Version : 18 u.s.c. § 1652 citizens as pirates

LearnTheLaw
05-22-13, 05:12 PM
I stumbled upon these 2 clauses the other day and thought they may be of use to the fellow brain trust.

18 U.S.C. § 1652 CITIZENS AS PIRATES
Whosoever, being a citizen of the United States, commits any murder or robbery, or any act of hostility against the United States, or against any citizen thereof, on the high seas, under color of any commission from any foreign prince, or state, or on pretense of authority from any person, is a pirate, and shall be imprisoned for life.

In the above law, the term "high seas extends also to where admiralty jurisdiction extends. Therefore, anyone acting under admiralty jurisdiction is subject to 18 U.S.C. & 1652.

18 U.S.C. § 1661 ROBBERY ASHORE
Whosoever, being engaged in any piratical cruise or enterprise, or being of the crew of any piratical vessel, lands from such vessel and commits robbery on shore, is a pirate, and shall be imprisoned for life.

Reconstruct the above sentence to fit the instant case and you get: Whosoever, being engaged in any piratical enterprise commits robbery on shore, is a pirate, and shall be imprisoned for life

As always, ALL input is appreciated.

LTL

LearnTheLaw
05-22-13, 05:14 PM
DM,

If this in the wrong forum, please feel free to move it.

[as if it is up to me...LOL]

David Merrill
09-03-13, 12:49 PM
This is quite interesting and I regret letting this thread go by without address. This is some great food for thought in light of DeLOVIO (http://freedom-school.com/admiralty/delovio-v-boit-2-gall-398.pdf).

Sometimes I am helping out two or three new suitors at once and drop reading here for a bit. The brain trust is going quite well though and is full of interesting excursions into remedy and lately, I have been making some conclusions about Science of Mind. Needless to say life stays interesting.