Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: George Washington's Vision & Pre-1800s Freemasonry

George Washington's Vision & Pre-1800s Freemasonry

My attention as of late has been drawn back to George Washington's Vision. In doing so I came across an article or book chapter that discusses Masonry in America as has having been originally Christian in flavor and to have with time come under more anti-Christian influences in the 1800s.

...Though some cite the fact that George Washington was involved in Masonry, and may therefore have not been a true Christian, there is much historically documented evidence that George Washington was a truly Godfearing, and Christ-centered leader.

Although the lie is now being promulgated that America was founded by Mason apostates, scholar David Barton has extensively written about the fact that American Masonic teachings were decidedly Christian in tone in the past, and most American Masons were Christians that saw Freemasonry as a Christian organization.

However, Masonic beliefs changed abruptly in the 1800’s, and higher-level Freemasonry began to tout ideas taken from Pagan mystery schools. As a result, Masonic Lodges in America lost almost all of their members, who were outraged at the non-Christian agenda that had infiltrated Masonry from Europe and Great Britain. Consequently, American Freemasonry is no longer a Christian organization. But in George Washington’s era, it was decidedly Christian, and most of its members were devout Christians, as George Washington was.
    I don't necessarily endorse the author's book/article and don't necessarily agree with the author's interpretations of the vision--I am convinced that they are made without deep understanding. However the possibility that there was a different flavor of Masonry in the 1700s could put religious history in America in a new light for many.

It seems that the work called Anderson's Constitution [1723] preceeds Albert Pike's Moral's & Dogma [1871] by almost 150 years with 1723 being notably before both the American Revolution, the Seminole/Gullah Wars and the Civil War. It is also notable that Pike's work is AFTER the Civil War. Also, some might believe George Washington's Vision to have 'racist' overtones merely because Africa is mentioned. It is clear that "Remember, ye are brethren" makes racism/bigotry claims a nullity. Another thing, the Gullah Wars or Seminole Wars (First Seminole War -1814 to 1819; Second Seminole War - 1835 to 1842; Third Seminole War - 1855 to 1858; U.S. Civil War - 1861 to 1865 or so) seem to have been linked to the Civil War although the Gullah Wars were hush-hushed in history. In view of the Gullah Wars and Civil War being linked: George Washington's Vision seems to have more validity than to be fiction. On the matter of the Civil War and religious history, it is most interesting to note that slavery was always 'kosher' in the Roman Empire and that Jefferson Davis appealed to the Roman Pope for help and addressed Rome's Pope Pius IX as "Very Venerable Sovereign Pontiff".

Last edited by allodial; 11-04-13 at 07:46 PM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2

The following is over an hour long. Theme: "Remember the Former Days".

(Duplicate of the above.)
    Last edited by allodial; 11-08-13 at 06:50 PM.

Thank you for the fascinating opening post.

I grabbed The Life of George Washington by David RAMSEY - 1807 primarily for clues that George WASHINGTON was indeed killed early on in the Revolution. There are a few and if so, that WASHINGTON was replaced with Adam WEISHAUPT for the remainder of that individual's lifetime I cannot say so as fact. I had dismissed several allusions and lost them for supporting evidence but they caused the portrait of WASHINGTON in the Mason Museum to jump out of the case at me:

Name:  Washington---Weishaupt.jpg
Views: 1138
Size:  53.2 KB

Name:  weishauptsketchsmall.jpg
Views: 4368
Size:  64.9 KB

Adam WEISHAUPT

Name:  Washington.jpg
Views: 1130
Size:  58.9 KB

Here is a closeup of the letter above the portrait.

After years of casual contemplation I feel it more likely that the Masons generated this myth about WASHINGTON and never really intended for me to be calling on their museum and library.

Similarly there is lore about WASHINGTON around the CLYMER band of Rosicrucians as they revere George LIPPARD.
    Last edited by David Merrill; 11-04-13 at 02:32 PM.

I had considered that at times about Weishaupt and Washington. However, there seemed to be quite a lot of propaganda coming out to 'color' things. I consider the movie "The Hidden Faith of the Founding Fathers"--if one watches it, it seems very convincing but Catherine Millard has created an interesting rebuttal showing the creators of the movie might be deliberately misleading--even though the movie is rather slick and polished. Its the kind of thing that makes someone want to turn against or to destroy something they ought not or to abandon something they ought not.

Perhaps they killed Washington *after* the inauguration? Or perhaps the Weishauptish image you found at the museum is simply evidence of the post 1700s kind of masonry that preferred Weishaupt's flavor over Washington's. Washington wouldnt accept the title of King but to knowledge Weishault ***crowned himself King in the Illuminati (sections starts around 6:06 in the video below). If Washington was Weishaupt and with insight into Weishaupt's ideology why wouldn't Weishaupt take the title of king?

The history about George Washington shown in Catherine Millard's rebuttal to the movie mentioned above is quite interesting.

Also, it is asserted that Weishaupt was a Freemason and likely high level. Washington is said to have been at the most 3rd level member of the American flavor of Masonry. One perhaps key source that claimed Weishaupt assumed the identity of Washington was the Illuminatus! Trilogy (Robert She and Robert Anton Wilson). The also asserts Washington to have founded the Federalist Party when that is not true. Post-Kennedy propaganda? One source asserts that even if Weishaupt replaced Washington, it was near the end of his term and that if it was Weishaupt he failed to affect any substantial change to the Constitution or form of government during that time. Another source suggest George Washington to have been WILLIAM CAVENDISH.

Again, I am moreso convinced of the notion that the 1787 Constitution formalized a charter for a Federal State called "United States of America". The lack of religious test requirement in the of the 1787 Constitution might just be per section 14 of the Northwest Ordinance. The Federal State/Corporation called United States of America would be in control of the territories yielded to it by Virginia, etc. The trickery being more in sedition by syntax which would make it a challenge for the unlearned or ignorant to know when Congress was legislating for the Federal State or with respect to the Confederacy. Perhaps that is the rat Patrick Henry smelled. There is also evidence that George Washington wanted his Virginia land back because he wasn't so happy with shady dealings he came to see. So perhaps Washington might not be Weishaupt afterall.

There is another article which exposes blatantly misleading revision of the history of America. A key point is there is an agenda to conceal the truth about the state of America and about the United States of America (Federal State) and also about The United States of America (confederacy). If one man or a group of men would make a video (the Pinto movie) with such blatant falsehoods combined with slick, high-tech and polished special effects--what does that say?

At the heart of it all may be to conceal the side effects of the America Revolution (i.e. termination of the British Crown's dominion over the states of America) and to also destroy morale and faith.

Keep in mind I began watching the Pinto movie with a neutral view, but the warning signs were so glaring and warned of feverous and caustic deception despite the slick, high tech, polished look and sound--beautiful piece of candy but... something just wasn't right.

P.S. Another response to the Pinto movie. It is also most interesting that the seal of the confederacy congress wasn't passed on to the president of the 1787 Constitution Congress!
    Last edited by allodial; 11-08-13 at 07:50 AM.

I have taken the time to extract the following two attachments and post them here for truth-seekers. Both from Roman Catholic publications. One is dated 1908 and the other 1915. The 1908 article titled Washington and Freemasonry touches upon Washington's relation to Freemasonry and also touches lightly upon the variations in Continental and European / French / Illuminati Masonry or Freemasonry. P.S. I have heard that one of the biggest uproars in the British Colonies during 1775 had to do with the British Crown attempting to impose a flavor of Freemasonry on the British Colonies. If you look at the dates in the 1915 article--makes sense don't it?

The other attachment is of an article titled Freemasonry and Catholicism In America and dated 1915. The article refers to Weishaupt, Washington, various flavors of Freemasonry and mentions to changes in Freemasonry from 1700s through the 1800s. Again this is posted for truth-seekers and for the Posterity so that we can all get a grip on things regardless of any propaganda. Again, this is not to say that the articles are truthful or untruthful. The 1908 article appears in a publication titled American Catholic Historical Researches Volume 4; Volume 25 (?) (1915). The 1915 article appears in a publication titled Addresses at Patriotic and Civic Occasions By Catholic Orators Volume II.

I have inlined scans of pages 196 and 200 of the 1915 article for the convenience of the readers since they pertain specifically to Washington and Weishaupt. I have also inlined scans of page 197 since it specifically mentions a time when "illuminated" Freemasonry made it into the British Colonies.

Name:  Freemasonry and Catholicism In America (1915) page 196.jpg
Views: 1000
Size:  79.9 KB

Name:  Freemasonry and Catholicism In America (1915) page 200.jpg
Views: 1102
Size:  75.8 KB

The following is from page 197 of the 1915 article. Note the year 1783.
    Name:  Freemasonry and Catholicism In America (1915) page 197.jpg
Views: 1055
Size:  98.6 KB
    Last edited by allodial; 11-05-13 at 09:14 AM.

Name:  220px-Morals_and_Dogma_eagle.jpg
Views: 924
Size:  13.3 KB

So perhaps we can consider that Freemasonry or Masonry of the 1700s isn't necessarily the same thing as it is today. Anderson's Constitution and Morals & Dogma are perhaps two different books with totally different slants. However, what is missive is that, though the article which is from an evidently Roman Catholic publication tends to evidence distaste for Albert Pike, a symbol or drawing of a double-headed eagle reminiscent of the "Holy Roman Empire" of that for the "Byzantine Empire" and also of the "Seljuk Turks" appears on the cover of Morals and Dogma.

Name:  834_6c6174dfishy08.jpg
Views: 963
Size:  36.5 KB

it is most interesting to note that slavery was always 'kosher' in the Roman Empire and that Jefferson Davis appealed to the Roman Pope for help and addressed Rome's Pope Pius IX as "Very Venerable Sovereign Pontiff".
    Name:  riddlepic.gif
Views: 927
Size:  41.5 KB
    A Roman Catholic publication in 1915 runs an article whose author may have sincerely put the Albert Pike flavor of Freemasonry down as anti-Catholic and anti-religion but yet Albert Pike (an attorney) was an officer in the Confederate Army was involved in compiling Morals & Dogma (published ~ 1872?) --a book which has a cover featuring a symbol reminiscent of the Holy Roman Empire? He is known to have at least some contact with Jefferson Davis. Not to mention...

Albert Pike has often been named as influential in the early Ku Klux Klan, being named in 1905 as "the chief judicial officer" of the Klan by a sympathetic historian of the early Klan, Walter Fleming.[6] He was cited as the leader of the Arkansas Ku Klux Klan.[7] However this has been a controversial subject with Masonic authors saying that it "is impossible to either substantiate or disprove" involvement in the Klan.[8]
    Albert Pike Albert Pike was hired by Confederate President, Jefferson Davis, to be the Commissioner of Indian Affairs.
    Perplexing, no? Read the attachments? Head spinning yet?
    Last edited by allodial; 11-05-13 at 09:49 AM.

Head spinning yet?

Actually I was enthralled Allodial! I was able to keep up with most of it - thanks for the wonderful posts.

I find it interesting that having read Illuminatus Trilogy decades ago I was able to recognize WEISHAUPT in the museum case at the Lodge on the hill. I still feel I was right, it is a lore that may actually have the Masons convinced that they have a secret actually based in historical fact. But not me.

I showed a few Masons up there about the Golden Rectangle and they just handed back the photograph/map all blank-eyed. Like black holes in sky (Pink Floyd). One thing attributed to WEISHAUPT as I recall is that for a secret society to thrive you must always pursuade the initiates that the real mysteries will be solved at the next level or degree.

In my career (being defined as I draft remedy for suitors) I have had at least two high degree Masons make an attempt to hoodwink me for insight they could use, but without me realizing what I had found (for them). I call them JAPU. - Just Another Petty Usurper. Interesting, the intelligence gathering technique seems to be en-trained upon them as subjects in the lodge and then when they reach 32nd Degree it seems they discover 33rd Degree is just to reveal WEISHAPT's program, that there is nothing there. So they get bored and go looking for an heir to the original estate, on the verge of discovering his heritage so they can affect his destiny - an inadvertent initiate who will wander away without his inheritance...

So I will continue to toggle, dither and even flutter the Five Cube Sum Number Locks for Artificial Intuition. By being thorough in your writing Allodial (thanks again) you save me the time of watching those videos. I think I got it right in my post above. It is Masons creating mystical-sounding lore for themselves. I saw the DOES a month ago - a free Rosicrucian meeting at the Lodge, and there is scarcely a woman's head that is not completely white... So they need a new recipe for creating intrigue. I did not join the RC.
    Last edited by David Merrill; 11-06-13 at 02:25 PM.

The city shall be 18,000 cubits round about; and the name of the city from that day shall be, The LORD is there. (Ezekiel 48:35 (KJV))
    We heard him say, I will destroy this Temple made with hands, and within three days I will build another, made without hands. (Mark 14:58 (KJV))
    ....where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. (2 Corinthians 3:17 (KJV))
    For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. (Matthew 18:20 (KJV))
    For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. (Matthew 18:20 (NAS))
    48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet, Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
    Name:  ahiman_rezon_prayer_old_America_masonry_style.jpg
Views: 1106
Size:  66.6 KB

The first Masonic book published in America was printed in Philadelphia by Brother BENJAMIN FRANKLIN in 1734. It was a reprint of what is known as "Anderson's Constitutions," which was published in 1723 under the authority of the Grand Lodge of England, and entitled: "The Constitutions of the Freemasons, Containing the History, Charges, Regulations, &c., of that Most Ancient and Right Worshipful Fraternity. For the use of the Lodges," and was compiled by Brother James Anderson, D.D. This reprint is now very scarce. A copy of it is in the Library of the Grand Lodge.

The "Ahiman Rezon; or, A Help to a Brother," was prepared in 1756 by Brother Laurence Dermott, Grand Secretary of the GRAND LODGE OF ENGLAND ACCORDING TO THE OLD INSTITUTIONS, once called the "Ancients."

This corresponded to the Book of Constitutions of the GRAND LODGE OF ENGLAND, once called the "Moderns."

The first Book of Masonic Law published by the Grand Lodge of Pennsylvania was entitled: "Ahiman Rezon abridged and digested: as a Help to all that are or would be Free and Accepted Masons." It was prepared by the Grand Secretary, Rev. Brother William Smith, D.D., Provost of the University of Pennsylvania, and was almost entirely a reprint of Dermott's work; it was approved by the Grand Lodge November 22, 1781, published in 1783, and dedicated to Brother GEORGE WASHINGTON. (From Grand Lodge of Pennsylvania website although in the current version there is no mention of the name Jesus or Jesus Christ.)
    From a 1764 publishing of a book called the Ahiman Rezon I have uploaded scan/snapshot of a prayer utilized to open masonic lodge meetings in George Washington's and Benjamin Franklin's time. IMHO, that prayer gives a strong idea that Masonic lodges in America were then convivial/social clubs for bible-believing Christians probably a lot like Country Clubs for Christians.

Name:  DBart1.png
Views: 1073
Size:  67.8 KB
    Name:  dbart2.png
Views: 998
Size:  35.7 KB
    (As to Abraham Lincoln's (lack of) involvement in 1800s Freemasonry or in any Freemasonry click here.)

In contrast, the following image is a snapshot of a statute of Albert Pike which is located in Washington, D.C.

Name:  PHO-09Sep09-177068.jpg
Views: 1136
Size:  56.2 KB

The Albert Pike Statue is located at 3rd and D Streets, N.W. in downtown Washington, D.C. It is administered by the National Park Service. Congress authorized the placement of a statue to Albert Pike on Federal land in Washington, D.C. on April 9, 1898, in Joint Resolution 20 (30 stat. 737). The Supreme Council of the Scottish Rite, Southern Jurisdiction, which Pike led for 32 years, sponsored and paid for the statue's erection, as recognition for his long service to the Scottish Rite. At the time of erection, the statue stood in front of the Scottish Rite House of the Temple. The enabling legislation does not refer to Pike's service in the Confederate Army.
    [MORE LATER]
    Last edited by allodial; 11-08-13 at 09:44 AM.