Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: George Washington's Vision & Pre-1800s Freemasonry

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The city shall be 18,000 cubits round about; and the name of the city from that day shall be, The LORD is there. (Ezekiel 48:35 (KJV))
    We heard him say, I will destroy this Temple made with hands, and within three days I will build another, made without hands. (Mark 14:58 (KJV))
    ....where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. (2 Corinthians 3:17 (KJV))
    For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. (Matthew 18:20 (KJV))
    For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. (Matthew 18:20 (NAS))
    48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet, Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
    Name:  ahiman_rezon_prayer_old_America_masonry_style.jpg
Views: 1123
Size:  66.6 KB

The first Masonic book published in America was printed in Philadelphia by Brother BENJAMIN FRANKLIN in 1734. It was a reprint of what is known as "Anderson's Constitutions," which was published in 1723 under the authority of the Grand Lodge of England, and entitled: "The Constitutions of the Freemasons, Containing the History, Charges, Regulations, &c., of that Most Ancient and Right Worshipful Fraternity. For the use of the Lodges," and was compiled by Brother James Anderson, D.D. This reprint is now very scarce. A copy of it is in the Library of the Grand Lodge.

The "Ahiman Rezon; or, A Help to a Brother," was prepared in 1756 by Brother Laurence Dermott, Grand Secretary of the GRAND LODGE OF ENGLAND ACCORDING TO THE OLD INSTITUTIONS, once called the "Ancients."

This corresponded to the Book of Constitutions of the GRAND LODGE OF ENGLAND, once called the "Moderns."

The first Book of Masonic Law published by the Grand Lodge of Pennsylvania was entitled: "Ahiman Rezon abridged and digested: as a Help to all that are or would be Free and Accepted Masons." It was prepared by the Grand Secretary, Rev. Brother William Smith, D.D., Provost of the University of Pennsylvania, and was almost entirely a reprint of Dermott's work; it was approved by the Grand Lodge November 22, 1781, published in 1783, and dedicated to Brother GEORGE WASHINGTON. (From Grand Lodge of Pennsylvania website although in the current version there is no mention of the name Jesus or Jesus Christ.)
    From a 1764 publishing of a book called the Ahiman Rezon I have uploaded scan/snapshot of a prayer utilized to open masonic lodge meetings in George Washington's and Benjamin Franklin's time. IMHO, that prayer gives a strong idea that Masonic lodges in America were then convivial/social clubs for bible-believing Christians probably a lot like Country Clubs for Christians.

Name:  DBart1.png
Views: 1088
Size:  67.8 KB
    Name:  dbart2.png
Views: 1012
Size:  35.7 KB
    (As to Abraham Lincoln's (lack of) involvement in 1800s Freemasonry or in any Freemasonry click here.)

In contrast, the following image is a snapshot of a statute of Albert Pike which is located in Washington, D.C.

Name:  PHO-09Sep09-177068.jpg
Views: 1148
Size:  56.2 KB

The Albert Pike Statue is located at 3rd and D Streets, N.W. in downtown Washington, D.C. It is administered by the National Park Service. Congress authorized the placement of a statue to Albert Pike on Federal land in Washington, D.C. on April 9, 1898, in Joint Resolution 20 (30 stat. 737). The Supreme Council of the Scottish Rite, Southern Jurisdiction, which Pike led for 32 years, sponsored and paid for the statue's erection, as recognition for his long service to the Scottish Rite. At the time of erection, the statue stood in front of the Scottish Rite House of the Temple. The enabling legislation does not refer to Pike's service in the Confederate Army.
    [MORE LATER]
    Last edited by allodial; 11-08-13 at 09:44 AM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

So it seems for some reason important to re-consider or re-visit the notion of some Antichristian plot having allegedly driven Washington and others to "rebel" against the Great Britain and George III. I provided a pertinent link above concerning the America Revolution. However, I see no harm in exposing further the principles underlying the English Constitution at the time. This is not just about Ancient History but also about Law and Philosophy of Law. Once I get the time I hope to upload some scans and such. Now what we are about to uncover might upright those Hollywood-distortions of what government is or is not. It was and is a principle of British Government that the "Supreme Power" rather than vesting solely in the King/Queen it vested also in the Lords and in the Representatives of the People united. But not only that, it was held that:

In the British government every free Subject has absolutely in himself a Part of the Supreme Power. (Source: The Constitutional Advocate: By Which, From the Evidence of History and of Records, and From the Principles of the British Government (London 1776))

Name:  const_advoc_1.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  46.5 KB
    (Note: that is not from an American publication!)
    Comprehending the applicable English/British principles concerning the Supreme Power is key to seeing clearly why the American Revolution was not a war of rebellion. Keep in mind, this has to do with Washington and the nature of the foundations of the states of America. The principle of taxation without representation touched upon very fundamental principles underlying the British Crown. AFAIK, "Supreme Power" pretty much means sovereign prerogative. [More later]
    Last edited by allodial; 11-11-13 at 09:19 AM.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2

Point being (re: the above post) is that more evidence points to George Washington having had little to nothing to do with Freemasons in the religious sense but instead much to do with actual architects and stonemason's guilds. Furthermore there is quite a bit of evidence showing that George Washington and others were out to escape a different type of 'religion' being imposed upon England by secret societies that began to establish themselves in the UK in the late 1700s further substantiating the research above.
    Last edited by allodial; 01-29-15 at 08:29 AM.