Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Redeeming lawful money at a Canadian bank

Ok, so today, I did the same thing with a refund check. Teller I didn't know, she just made me swipe the card for ID purposes, and asked me to sign the back, which I signed in a box. She didn't ask me to sign a receipt or anything. I didn't see her write the account number on the back, either... After I left, I went to the atm, and watched her in the mirror close by. She was standing there looking at the back of that check for about 3 min before she put it away. She didn't pick up a pen that I saw. Seemed like she was rusty with the process. She's the branch manager...
    There are possibly big flashing warning signs on the account when I swiped the card. I did change the sig card a while back.

Again today. Same teller that previously carded me was there to serve me. When I asked her to cash the check, she asked if I had an account at their bank. Just goofing off, I said 'sometimes'. There was a bit of hilarity as her brain was brought to a screeching halt with her mouth in mid motion...
    Anyways, she cashed the check, and after stamping and giving me the cash, asked me to endorse the back of the check as proof that she had given me the money. So, I printed [:First-Middle: Last] on the back, and went my merry way. I used the braces as well. She had this 'oh well, I tried' look on her face... lol