Thread: Selling Checks

Selling Checks

Thank you Allodial.

On the subject of selling checks I was limited in my mental imagery to printers. Printers charge for the blank checks they print...

However write a check for CASH at your bank and you just sold that check for the amount on the check?

I believe that it has been obscured from the "general public" that the teller transaction of cashing a check is a purchase by the bank of the check/instrument. And similarly the issuance of the check being a 'sale'. The two most prominent concepts that are "mainstream" with respect to "sale/purchase of checks" might be:

[1] the sale of a money order for a fee by a money order issuer i.e. negotiable instrument);
    [2] buying blank checks from a check printer with respect to checks associated with a bank account;
    [3] buying blank checks from an office supply store or the like.

But the above' isn't quite all encompassing of the greater reality. Also, since the banks don't have to register under MSB or Sale of Checks laws like Western Union or Moneygram--well if they did, it would make a few things more obvious.
    Last edited by allodial; 12-21-13 at 12:36 PM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

There are those who view hand writing, create and typewriting as a memorialization of activities. Also, generally those types are in containers. A printed promissory observe, for example, being memorialization of the contract or conference of thoughts.bank checks personal