Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: 1st Return Redeeming Lawful Money

First time lawful money return worked !

Thank you for all the help on this site. I have been absent with no computer but now can post.

My circumstances involved selling homes and capital gains liabilities. The state of Colorado and the title company taxed me on the premise that I would owe capital gains to the IRS. One form from the title company asked the question, and stated that I could only answer this question with a yes or no answer. The question was, " Did you only receive Cash or did you receive cash and other considerations? Since the check from escrow was deposited demanding lawful money I wrote that I only received lawful money demanded pursuant to title 12 USC 411. The state of Colorado received the tax return on the 22nd of April and cut a check for me on July 15th. It is interesting that the check did not arrive until July 29th. I really appreciate all the help, thanks, Johnny

Quote Originally Posted by EZrhythm View Post
    Why are you waiting for next year? Why not demand lawful money "nunc pro tunc" this year and years past and collect those refunds!
    What is nunc pro tunc?

Done at one time with the same effect as if done at another time.

Hey Froze, Do you have an Update?

Hello,

I've been reading through the thread. I started redeeming my paychecks for lawful money in mid year. I'm curious about what happened to your case after the IRS sent you the corrected return. I'm assuming that you never heard back from your congressman. This is my first post. Thanks everyone for your time commitment posting year.

Regards,

Francon

Quote Originally Posted by Francon View Post
    Hello,

I've been reading through the thread. I started redeeming my paychecks for lawful money in mid year. I'm curious about what happened to your case after the IRS sent you the corrected return. I'm assuming that you never heard back from your congressman. This is my first post. Thanks everyone for your time commitment posting year.

Regards,

Francon
    Hi Francon;

Welcome to 'Saving to Suitors' Club!

It might be helpful for you to PM the member when you make an inquiry. He or she may not be monitoring the thread or even reading the site lately.

Thanks David

I appreciate all the information that you've provided. I'll likely take a shot at filing in 2015 with the 7 month of lawful money deductions. In the mean time, I'll keep up the research.

Francon

You are welcome Francon. That will be worth it - 7 months. For less than a quarter or so, it does not seem worth the confusion for filing a partial tax year.

Quote Originally Posted by EZrhythm View Post
    Why are you waiting for next year? Why not demand lawful money "nunc pro tunc" this year and years past and collect those refunds!
    Please explain