Thread: Persuasion & PSYOPS: The Elaboration Likelihood Model

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Anthony Joseph
    Alright then.

Then this would be the method which VERIZON would be able to "clear" payment.

Name:  bill3.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  37.0 KB

Consider: One hundred and twenty-three and 45/100ths dollars lawful money. I am convinced they even taught people to write amounts in words wrong. "One thousand fifty dollars" would mean $1,000 x $50 compared to "one thousand and fifty dollars" in the same way fifteen hundred dollars is resolved that "fifteen" acts on "hundred dollars" giving you 1500. Consider "one thousand twenty five dollars" vs "one thousand and twenty-five dollars" vs "one thousand and twenty five dollars" (interpret-able two ways $1025 or $1,020 x $5). American football player vs American-football player (American modifies football and is a singularity modifying 'player'). Amounts in words is said to trump numbers. Handwriting trumps typewriters which trumps print.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Joseph View Post
    Alright then.

Then this would be the method which VERIZON would be able to "clear" payment.

Name:  bill3.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  37.0 KB
    If the voucher is of any value, it would seem that what Verizon wants is to have the credit they have set aside taken from the account and paid into their general ledger, no?
    Last edited by allodial; 12-28-13 at 11:32 PM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Anthony Joseph
    Well, is it a

Voucher

or

Coupon

Most often, somewhere in the presentment, it is referred to as a 'coupon'.

That means it is a "certificate of interest due on a bond"; and, a "piece cut off" to present for payment.

A 'thing certified' (paper memorial of a claim requiring verification) of a 'legal claim or right' due on a "something that binds" (debt).

So, "cut it off" and present it for payment.

Well, is it a

Voucher

or

Coupon

Most often, somewhere in the presentment, it is referred to as a 'coupon'.

That means it is a "certificate of interest due on a bond"; and, a "piece cut off" to present for payment.

A 'thing certified' (paper memorial of a claim requiring verification) of a 'legal claim or right' due on a "something that binds" (debt).

So, "cut it off" and present it for payment.

(law library)--To raise the bar...

I reiterate a key point: in their eyes, you are likely expected to be an expert concerning the laws, principles, customs and the like pertaining to promissory notes, contracts, bills of exchange, guarantees and the like--not anyone else. The point is important because it really gets at the heart of the solution.

P.S. I figure anyone that is truly serious about the topic would eagerly and gladly make their way through even a stack of 700 page law books on the matter. This is a very specialized and technical topic.

I tend to figure that anyone alleging interest in this topic that is utterly unwilling to read a book like that from covert to cover or even the most important parts isn't at all serious and just wants to blame someone else for their dismay. You want to best Ninja and Samuris? Hmmm I suspect you'd do best to be training somewhere...somehow. What is amusing, there books covering the likes of vouchers and coupons in beautiful detail and that have been available online for over ten years and I've yet to see any site related to A4V or 1099-OID or the like even so much as mention them.

..So, "cut it off" and present it for payment.
    If that is what it is, unless someone has studied the law of bills of exchange, promissory notes how would they know how to present it for payment? An angry article about the alleged demise of America isn't probably going to help much without the motivation to actually get into the practical. This stuff isn't locked away in some Vatican library. Although it just happens to *not* be tattooed to Nikki Min*j's, Br*tney Spe*r's or Myley Cyr*s's breasts.

10 seconds of G***gle searching and clicking I found this. Saved me from having to pull a book from my shelf. I got to stay in my comfy chair.

Name:  incomplete_bills.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  40.5 KB

Name:  Britney+Spears+Britney+Sometimes.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  65.7 KB

Last edited by allodial; 01-01-14 at 04:27 AM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.