Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Proper way to register a birth

Proper way to register a birth

Name:  PRINCEGEORGE_2634172c.jpg
Views: 885
Size:  84.7 KB

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ce-George.html

Royal baby: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge register birth of Prince George

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have formally registered the birth of their son Prince George, with the Duchess giving her occupation as "Princess of the United Kingdom".

The Duchess is entitled to use the title Princess William of Wales, but has never described herself as such because the couple decided to be known as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge after the titles were conferred on them by the Queen on their wedding day.

The couple were given a standard birth certificate for "His Royal Highness Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridge", but unlike other new parents they did not have to attend their local register office.

Instead, Alison Cathcart, the deputy registrar of Westminster, visited the Duke this morning at Kensington Palace, to which he returned after spending more than a week staying with the Duchess and her parents in Berkshire.

The Duke of Cambridge chose to give his occupation as Prince of the United Kingdom, rather than RAF helicopter pilot, perhaps to show solidarity with the Duchess.

The couple gave their "usual address" as Kensington Palace, and the Duke, who was the nominated informant, signed the certificate "William".

The Duchess remained at her parents' home, and the Duke will return to work next week after his two-week statutory paternity leave ends.

__________________________________________________ __

NOTICE no surnames?
    The only surname on the document is her maiden surname.

The informant being the father signed only his given first name.

Just further evidence that you can fill out forms how you want to.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    Just further evidence that you can fill out forms how you want to.
    forms are like the gas tank on a car,
    you don't fill them out,
    you fill them up.

address; "planet earth"

I wonder if someone put King of England on there....
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Another thing I just noticed is that
    Kensington Palace has no civic address.
    Just the city its in and zip code.

Quote Originally Posted by walter View Post
    Another thing I just noticed is that
    Kensington Palace has no civic address.
    Just the city its in and zip code.

....neither do I

bobbinville
    Members of the British royal family have no surnames. The Prince of Wales signs his name "Charles", although he could sign it "Charles P (for Princeps)". The Queen signs her name "Elizabeth R (for "Regina"). The family is of the House of Windsor; but eventually, those who are not entitled to the style of His/Her Royal Highness will bear the surname Mountbatten-Windsor (just as some of the descendants of George V bear the surname of Windsor).

As for Kensington Palace's address -- it, like all other royal palaces and residences, does not have a street address, probably because such an address is not thought to be necessary to get mail to where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbinville View Post

As for Kensington Palace's address -- it, like all other royal palaces and residences, does not have a street address, probably because such an address is not thought to be necessary to get mail to where it belongs.
    my guess would more be to the tax exempt status.
    i don't think a property tax bill is coming in the mail to the palace.

Quote Originally Posted by walter View Post
    my guess would more be to the tax exempt status.
    i don't think a property tax bill is coming in the mail to the palace.

.....heh-heh......no, just said "coupons" with the "remittance" from everyone else

Very informative, my wife and I are trying to conceive right now and I will be the one to fill out the form when the day comes. Thank you.