Thread: petro-dollar

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Anthony Joseph
    Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    I am glad that I read the last paragraph carefully AJ. It would seem to be about mental perspective and outlook. I cannot help but see us in agreement then. That last paragraph is saying what I am saying.

My precept is that Melchizedek is the archetype, the model of the Messiah to come - YEHOSHUAH - Jesus CHRIST of Nazareth (NATZAR = BRANCH [David's coronation Name]). Jesus the Son of God does not make sacrifice to God, being God. I find no record that Melchizedek turned around and gave 10% of Abraham's sacrifice to God as the Levites would destroy by burning much of the livestock sacrifices.

This is a precept that I am finally getting used too - that God is pure love. This would allow nothing else to be true. Nothing beside love has any truth to it. The sacrificial system is based in fear and death. The sense of separation is that fear. Since God is everything - nothing outside of Him - then sacrifice and the need for it are an illusion, a nightmare dream.

Sacrifices are not pleasing to God. I believe there are a few scriptures pointing that out.

My point in bringing this up in this context may be hard to grasp. It was set off by the Doom and Gloom video. I have seen that fellow in that video before. I heard that the priest garb is bogus on him and really think he must account for sounding such a glib alarm. But then time will tell...

I did not hear what country but there is a situation where their army is fighting their army. In this reality fear will conjure any situation. Peace and joy are a much better manifestation of love.
    I also agree we are in agreement - fundamentally. I still, however, cannot reconcile your point regarding the act of sacrifice unto God, as was practiced as a requirement by Him as a result of the fall; and, which we know occurred since Abel - in whom God was well pleased.

http://biblehub.com/kjv/genesis/4.htm

http://www.preparingforeternity.com/sr/sr06.htm

[That really gets me thinking...

I do not buy into the idea I am evil in fundamental nature. - Also that as we evolve into higher spiritual awareness we grow out of such a crude gesture, to kill an animal to please God.

I perceive sacrifice as a tax. Before Moses and his law it may have been Abel was paying a tribute in animal blood willingly. Cain offered vegetables and displeased God? This picky and demanding God is the one I was taught but as I explore and research spirituality this is no longer the God I perceive.

In Bible Study last night I confirm this to myself. It takes repetition and conditioning to perpetuate this bloodthirsty God of Sacrifice.

It is the identification with Israel that causes one to adorn this banner of evil and sin. - Like the Israelis.]

The above section in red is not my writing, I believe David Merrill accidentally edited my post while trying to respond to it. I think some of my original post has been deleted as well.
    Last edited by Anthony Joseph; 01-07-14 at 01:34 AM. Reason: mistake editing by wrong party