Thread: What's in a NAME?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by salsero View Post
    Persons, banks, corporations, cars, houses, property, boats, children, bank accounts, etc are ALL legally titled WITH State OWNED PROPERTY CALLED A NAME, ESTATE, TRUST, INDIVIDUAL, ETC.
    I can agree with this, however, it is presumptive.
    Evidence of titlement would still be in order along with some system of registration.

Quote Originally Posted by salsero
    When there is a judgment against the person and that person "has assets" whether a car, bank account or a house or whatever, that "stuff you OWN" is going to be taken.
    A judgement is an assessment.
    What you have just described is a levy. From Wikipedia:

A legal action, where property of a judgment debtor is taken for public sale to satisfy a monetary judgment
    My point is if you own it, it can not be taken.
    Says who? It seems in this world, if you have not the force to retain ownership whether by cudgel, title, or legal proceeding; you have none.

Everything you cited is all well and good and it may very well be a "basis or history" on current law today; however, IT IS MY OPINON, that since all titles were seized in the 1930s and after the Erie RR decision [basically doing away with common law], ....
    Very good that you stated your opinion. All that I gave you in my previous post can be substantiated by treatises and other works.

Erie decision had to do with diversity jurisdiction and which cases should be heard in which court, not with doing away with "common law".

The federal government never had a "common law". The "common law" which they sought to develop had to do with commerce particularly a uniform standard of handling negotiable instruments throughout the several States.

Now if you would have based your opinion on the seizure of titles on the seizure of American's gold in the 1930s by way of eminent domain power of the U.S. government, I would be more inclined to side with you. Although in my opinion, this wouldn't have a leg to stand on. All states reserve the powers of eminent domain, seizure, condemnation, confiscation, as well as arrest of things and persons no matter the title or who possesses what.

... all I can wish you all "pro-common law is alive and well today" is by all means go for it. As long as someone is obtaining remedy and cure, I luv it. Please provide the group with detail info on your successes. I am willing to admit MY ERROR.
    You are presuming I am "pro-common law".
    Common Law ain't what others romanticize it to be .
    Common Law was King's Law. It was the King's attempt at monopolizing things for himself.
    Subjects hated Common Law and its attorneys as well.

I bothered to check out this link http://www.nationallibertyalliance.o...aw#comment-230 - I had seen much of this stuff previously. Excellent info to be aware of. But I personally see NO REMEDY there. ALL I DO KNOW, if we all do not wake up soon from this "illusion called life", maybe when Hillary becomes president in 2016, as her balls are big enough to push that red button, then we can start the planet all over again - because all this warring is really a downer. And Hillary seems to be just the right leader of our collective consciousness reflecting back to We, the People exactly what we are.
    Attempting to bail out the Titanic after its struck the iceberg is foolish.
    Perhaps a more prudent option would be to enjoy the decline?
    Last edited by shikamaru; 02-02-14 at 05:20 PM.