Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is off the taxpaying hook?

JohnnyCash
    I did not pay any federal income tax, social security tax nor Medicare tax on the 2012 1099-MISC reported amount; nothing withheld, nothing paid. Full amount billed, full amount paid. I simply redeemed lawful money on all checks related to the total $79k. No obligation to file, no 1040 filed. Perhaps you're thinking, it cain't be this easy. Well I'm here to tell you it is. No income taxes paid since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCash View Post
    I did not pay any federal income tax, social security tax nor Medicare tax on the 2012 1099-MISC reported amount; nothing withheld, nothing paid. Full amount billed, full amount paid. I simply redeemed lawful money on all checks related to the total $79k. No obligation to file, no 1040 filed. Perhaps you're thinking, it cain't be this easy. Well I'm here to tell you it is. No income taxes paid since 2007.
    So in other words you did not file ANY 1040, even though you received a 1099-MISC for 2012? Thank you for the audio - but it really answered nothing except about listening to a webinar.

Have you ever sent notice to the IRS that you only redeem lawful money?

If any 1099 or W-2 is issued and you, the taxpayer does not "voluntarily" submit the "accounting and pay whatever tax is due", you will be sent a letter of demand from the IRS. Please explain further.

For those of you who only have false witness borne against you in the form of 1099s, the presumption that you engaged in a taxable activity is not nearly as strong as in the case of us "wage"-slaves who get a W-2. I recently was visited by a pair of goons from our favorite agency who told me that my filings made no sense and that if you work for someone else and get paid for it you owe a tax on that. Forget CtC, forget demanding lawful money, forget True Name DBA FIRST M LAST. Yeah, they wish. For the first, second, and (soon to be third) time my returns were accepted as filed, with the nominal refund applied to theft debts for previous years.
    Blessed is he who keeps from stumbling over me.

It is important to understand the difference between taxation and theft. Taxation is allowed by law, whereas theft is not. Knowledge of the truth cuts theft revenue, not tax revenue.
    Blessed is he who keeps from stumbling over me.

JohnnyCash
    Quote Originally Posted by salsero View Post
    So in other words you did not file ANY 1040, even though you received a 1099-MISC for 2012?
    Correct.
    Have you ever sent notice to the IRS that you only redeem lawful money?
    No.
    If any 1099 or W-2 is issued and you, the taxpayer does not "voluntarily" submit the "accounting and pay whatever tax is due", you will be sent a letter of demand from the IRS.
    I don't know about letter of demand, but I suspect in that case one should expect an IRS inquiry, or at least a WE MISS YOU letter. Nothing so far. Oh, and I just received another 1099 for 2013 (WOOHOO!) so I'll have to scan that for you.
    Last edited by JohnnyCash; 01-28-14 at 01:59 AM.

bobbinville
    Some years ago, my wife wanted to get several thousand dollars out of our then-bank for various reasons, and she wanted the money in the form of bank checks. The bank wanted to sock her with a fee for each check (fees are the prime reason why we no longer bank there); so my wife said "fine. I'll take the money in cash." A little while later, she had her checks. The reason, apparently, is that the bank needed a certain amount of cash on hand to meet the needs of its customers; and if a large amount is needed, the bank will ask for sufficient time to assemble the necessary cash. I suspect that this might have been one of the factors on why Chex had such a hard time (another, especially for older people, is that the bank might be trying to protect them against a scam like the 4-1-9 scam.

This is why I avoid large banks like the plague -- they "fee" you to death. I bank at a three-branch bank where everyone knows you; and while it is less convenient than the Takeit Bank or the Leaveit Bank, I'm much happier there.

I do agree that, if Chex didn't want to disclose the reason for wanting the $18,000, the bank had no business for demanding it.

JohnnyCash
    Let me guess, Pottapaug. Was it Fleet Bank (aka Fleece Bank)?
    Last edited by JohnnyCash; 01-28-14 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chex View Post
    If you bank at HSBC in England, ( no NOT just England, have a friend that happened to him in the united states) don’t plan on making any large cash withdrawals.

At least not without a good explanation. Or, maybe even a permission slip.

Prove it: Bank blocking some customers from making large withdrawals without ‘evidence’ of spending need. http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...222425920.html

Started to read the replies like this

This happened to me in Buffalo NY at HSBC and at First Niagara. I had to withdraw 18,000 dollars in cash to pay for a home I bought at auction. We all know auctions are cash only, no checks or credit cards. They refused to give me my own money. so I did what any rational person would do. I asked for my account to be closed and for them to provide me with a cashiers check for my money. They then wanted to give me my withdrawal. But too late. I was already #$%$. I walked out the bank with my entire account balance of over 109,990 dollars in savings and also closed out all cd's and other financial products. When they ask you why you need your money, tell them to mind their own effin business and stick to banking, leave financial literacy to the consumer.

The best one is from Patrick the most replied one saying The nerve of these customers. You'd think it was their money. then the commemts
    Your money in someone else's vault isn't your money .

This is why one practices private banking .

The IRS isn't full of bad persons. I've met and interacted with some very helpful and knowledgable IRS and Treasury Folk. With the emphasis on the IRS, one might do well to remember that a great deal of tax is paid in the form of GST, VAT, sales/use tax, state income tax, county/state/city property tax--not to mention fines and fees. If you make $40K in income in the USA, it might be divvied up between FICA, IRS Income Tax, State Income Tax, State sales/use tax, water/sewer fees or taxes. Its not all about the IRS.

Without those state or municipal taxes or fees, many state or local services would likely cease to exist unless some other source of funding was made available.
    Last edited by allodial; 01-29-14 at 01:20 AM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Quote Originally Posted by John Howard View Post
    It is important to understand the difference between taxation and theft. Taxation is allowed by law, whereas theft is not. Knowledge of the truth cuts theft revenue, not tax revenue.
    Look up the Feudal system. Specifically look for Villein.
    The blessing is in the hand of the doer. Faith absent deeds is dead.

Lawful Money Trust Website

Divine Mind Community Call - Sundays 8pm EST

ONE man or woman can make a difference!