Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Evidence Repository

Refusing for Cause to the police officer, especially if you have a witness is very effective. But it can be frightening to the police officer. It is not wise to frighten men with guns.

In the above instance the officer insisted that the suitor return his copy of the R4C! He was about to take it by force so the suitor gave it back and forfeited his written evidence. The officer wrote up a second ticket, afresh, and wrote Refused in the signature line! Then he darted up to the partially open window and stuffed it in, then ran back to his squad car. The suitor became confused and instead of R4C to the chief of police, reacted. He was so surprised the way the officer stuffed and ran that he pushed it back out of the window and then drove off.

A few minutes later several officers from both counties captured the suitor at gunpoint and made sure he got the ticket! But they put him in jail first.
    Last edited by David Merrill; 12-07-14 at 06:18 PM.

Where I live a young native just out of school working as a mechanic was taking a car he was working on for a test ride when a cop stopped him and gave him a ticket. (can't remember for what)

The kid was choked so when the cop gave him the ticket to sign he saw a broken red pen beside him.
    He rubbed the red ink on his thumb and placed his print on the signature line on the cops copy of course.
    The cop looked at him puzzled and then went to his cop car for a few minutes.

The cop came back and gave the young man the ticket without saying a word and jumped back into his car and left.
    The young man didn't know it at the time but when he looked at the ticket the cop gave him the whole ticket with all copy's including the front page of it which is the original filling charge.

JohnnyCash
    I was a young man I couldn't resist
    Started thinking it over just what I'd missed
    Got me a check and non-endorsed it there & then

felt so good yeah well I did it again
    Now I got 7 tax-free years of my own
    Got another on the way that makes eleven
    Say what you will I'm in constant Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    Refusing for Cause to the police officer, especially if you have a witness is very effective. But it can be frightening to the police officer. It is not wise to frighten men with guns.

In the above instance the officer insisted that the suitor return his copy of the R4C! He was about to take it by force so the suitor gave it back and forfeited his written evidence. The officer wrote up a second ticket, afresh, and wrote Refused in the signature line! Then he darted up to the partially open window and stuffed it in, then ran back to his squad car. The suitor became confused and instead of R4C to the chief of police, reacted. He was so surprised the way the officer stuffed and ran that he pushed it back out of the window and then drove off.

A few minutes later several officers from both counties captured the suitor at gunpoint and made sure he got the ticket! But they put him in jail first.
    Revenue collection racketeering?
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.