Quote Originally Posted by doug-again View Post
If i get a ticket in Ohio, one in Carolina and one in Colorado; how many evidence repositories do i need?

It was mentioned in passing that "all you need to do is run up to Denver (or wherever) and you can prove you exercised your right of refusal in a timely manner."
If i set up an evidence repository in Denver, will that work for a refused for cause presentment, issued out of state?
Do folks set up evidence repositories wherever they get presented with something by a cop?

And by "run up to Denver (or wherever)," what is meant by this? i wonder if David's talking about the District Court in Denver?
And in what sort of setting does one prove the timely R4C?
As an attempt to show that i've tried to answer my own question with what i've read;
i remember EZRythm @ SJC talking about the importance of checking up on the status of the case after R4C; and David's story about sending the suitor in, to his arraignment, to prevent a fraud on the court. But, in what capacity that suitor appeared, was lost on me.

Thanks,
doug
I think the position would best be described statesman or friend of the court. The rules allow amicus curiae only from the state, US or a territory without leave of the court and consent of all parties.

The district is all one municipal jurisdiction. This is formed in the same Act - the Judiciary Act of 1789 - where the districts are formed fictional overlay upon the land. In 1790, the districts were included in the obligations of the US. [Like money.]

So by Denver - I meant to your nearest evidence repository - US District Court. For multiple R4Cs from different States I would advise you to keep your one evidence repository in the State District where you have most of your stuff - where you abide. Sometimes a small municipality in Colorado (Cripple Creek) will contract out to a billing agency in California for parking tickets. The R4C works quite effectively by sending the Presentment R4C to the California address; the Agent of the Principal. But service to the agent is service to the principal and vice versa.

Regards,

David Merrill.