Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: US Notes are redeemable

http://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/currency_15197.htm

What is lawful money? How is it different from legal tender?

"Lawful money" is a term used in the Federal Reserve Act, the act that authorizes the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System to issue Federal Reserve notes. The Act states that Federal Reserve notes "shall be obligations of the United States and shall be receivable by all national and member banks and Federal reserve banks and for all taxes, customs, and other public dues. They shall be redeemed in lawful money on demand at the Treasury Department of the United States, in the city of Washington, District of Columbia, or at any Federal Reserve bank." The Act did not, however, define the term "lawful money," but up until 1913, the only currency issued by the United States that was legally recognized as "lawful money" was various issues of "demand notes" (subsequently known as "old demand notes") and "United States notes" authorized by Congress during the Civil War.

At the time, some currency was not considered legal tender, although it could be used by national banking associations as "lawful money reserves." Thus, the term "lawful money" had a broader meaning than the term "legal tender."

In 1933, Congress changed the law so that all U.S. coins and currency (including Federal Reserve notes), regardless of when issued, constitutes "legal tender" for all purposes. Federal and state courts since then have repeatedly held that Federal Reserve notes are also "lawful money." Milam v. U.S., 524 F.2d 629 (9th Cir. 1974), is typical of the federal and state court cases holding that Federal Reserve notes are "lawful money." In Milam, the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit reviewed a judgment denying relief to an individual who sought to redeem a $50 Federal Reserve Bank Note in "lawful money." The United States tendered Milam $50 in Federal Reserve notes, but Milam refused the notes, asserting that "lawful money" must be gold or silver. The Ninth Circuit, noting that this matter had been put to rest by the U.S. Supreme Court nearly a century before in the Legal Tender Cases (Juilliard v. Greenman), 110 U.S. 421 (1884), rejected this assertion as frivolous and affirmed the judgment.

Seems pretty clear: FRN are lawful money.

Anthony Joseph
    Do not look to 'case law', or 'code' or 'statutes' as the basis of your claim to be upon 'lawful money' as defined being absent elasticity and absent being designated as a 'reserve currency'.

As man, you have an inherent right to conduct yourself, and your affairs, absent the abomination of false balances and unjust weights and measures. Declare thyself and make your claim as man; and, if another man wishes to challenge your claim, let said man come forward and verify (in living voice) on and for the record, with full liability under oath or affirmation, that your claim is false.

Who do you believe will step forward and make such a claim against you?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Alan View Post
    I don't mean to be rude, but if you are basing this statement on the legal tender cases then you need to read them again! And again and again until you get it thru your head that LEGAL TENDER is a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGG way from Lawful Money!

But alas I do understand that it is very confusing and it takes time to parse out the subtil distinctions. The water is muddy for a REASON. And what SEEMS clear to one seems ridiculous to another! So perhaps you should state WHY it seems clear. So as not to provide confusion.

There are many clowns out there who just love to cast dispersions upon a good work - and as for my part - I will not abide a gainsayer.

Lawyers are WORDSMITHS - and LET ME BE BLUNT - Americans are so dumbed down that few can even dissect a sentence anymore. Lawful can be a Noun or an Adjective. To say that money is Lawful is to describe its USE. To say they can be redeemed into "LAWFUL MONEY" [a compound noun] is to determine its nature!

A FRN or a USN in the form of a FRN are both a legal tender! But one is a promissory note and the other is money! NOW SHARPEN UP FOR A MINUTE: both are Lawful to Use in the United States!

Did you catch it? I hope that you did! Like I said I will not abide confusion and I abhor a gainsayer! Especially a whining gainsayer! Some men are "can do" and others just can't seem to figure it out.

Now one more thing! I have noticed a number of complainers lately WHINING and opining about their miserable condition. They say if its the law then why can't we do it? What poor miserable little babies! Perhaps they should return back home to mama - to the security of the womb!

Let us now move off of the MILK shall we?

Understand that you are working with men and women! This is KEY. You can't just go in and shove the Law in a Clerks face and think you will succeed. THAT IS ABSURD. I mean think about it. Most people - even college grads - really have the education of a young child. Do you catch my meaning? What is coming out of college these days is PATHETIC. Now consider a clerk. Do you think a clerk has been to even a community college, a technical college? I will wager you are dealing with a high school grad or less!

And do you think that one is just doing their job AS THEY HAVE BEEN TAUGHT? Do you suppose that they might get a bit conservative when you come in spouting your fancy laws that they have no idea of what you speak? And now you expect one who is operating in FEAR OF LOSING THEIR JOB to give you what you want just because you spout off a couple of fancy law terms?

IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. Trust must first be developed! And that takes time! But once it is establish and a good name [reputation] is set forth, THEN you will be able to do things that the gainsayer just cannot believe.

You must give the teller PERMISSION thru your CONFIDENCE. And noticing that this is just "business as usual" for you - you set the Teller at ease. If you come in asking permission - I can guarantee the answer will ALWAYS BE NO. What?, you gonna ask a flunkie who can barely read to understand? HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND? COME ON people THINK.

Have you ever been to court? You must show the Judge that he CAN rule in your favor! What you gonna rely on his ability when your estate is on the line? This is the way of the Superior man and those who "can do". Everyone else can just get in the back of the bus.

What I mean is: IF YOU THINK YOU CAN'T, THEN YOU CAN'T.

I am REDEEMED in CHRIST. I am a Co-Heir and I act like it! My trust is implied and express and declared! My status is not unknown. Therefore my ESTATE is sure!

IT SEEMS does not cut the mustard with me! Can we move on now off the Milk? I can guarantee that those who FEAR will not enter the Kingdom of God! So FEAR NOT. If you believe you can, then you can!

See how that works? The battle is not before the clerk or with the clerk! The battle is in your mind! Are you a winner or a loser? Only you can know! When you make up your mind do you need another man to VALIDATE or CONFIRM your decision? How long until men take full liability and responsibility for themselves?

Now for the TRILLION DOLLAR question. IF YEHOSHUAH PAID ALL DEBTS, where does money come from? Consider before you answer!

I close with:

Heb 3:6 But Christ as Son over His ... house; Whose house are we, if we retain the assurance and the rejoicing of the hope steadfast unto the end.

MJ comment: did you catch that HUGE word IF? It is conditional!

Heb 3:7 Wherefore (as THE Holy Spirit saith, Today if ye should hear His voice,

Heb 3:8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, according to the day of temptation in the wilderness:
    Heb 3:9 When your fathers tempted Me, by testingMe, and saw My works forty years.

Heb 3:10 Wherefore I was grieved with this race, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they knew not My ways.

Heb 3:11 So I sware in My wrath, They shall not enter into My rest.)

MJ's comment: For SHE, El Shaddai, is a Tree of Life. She provides Shadow. The bramble bush [state] can't do it friend!

Psa 91:1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the MOST HIGH Shall abide under the shadow of THE ALMIGHTY.

Psa 91:2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress: My God; in Him will I trust.

MJ's comment: It is a simple thing for the Most High El to kick the obstacles out of your path! You MUST learn that we have to work with other men and women and as such we cannot rely on plain logic and law. Ego's, Pride, Fear and Greed ALL come into this drama and we are mere actors.

I make a demand for Lawful Money BECAUSE "I am my brothers keeper".

Shabbat Shalom,
    Michael Joseph
    Last edited by Michael Joseph; 03-01-14 at 03:00 AM.
    The blessing is in the hand of the doer. Faith absent deeds is dead.

Lawful Money Trust Website

Divine Mind Community Call - Sundays 8pm EST

ONE man or woman can make a difference!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Alan View Post
    Apparently, my remark isn't accepted. I think that's pretty interesting, given that I agreed with the courts, and that what makes FRN lawful as money is the offer and acceptance when they are tendered.

So my remark takes on the same nature as FRN - it's lawful if accepted.

Seems to me the lawyers are just trying to muddy the water and confuse the sheeple about the difference between money and debt. Lawful money is/was issued by the US Treasury, and is/must be backed by silver or gold (real money per the Constitution). Such lawful money is obviously not elastic, ie cannot be increased without a concommitant increase in the real money backing it. The private notes of the Federal Reserve are not money; they are debt notes, being someone else's obligation to pay. Since debt cannot discharge debt, this fake money lacks some important characteristics of money, the key one being that it cannot be used to actually pay for anything. This is identified as the primary benefit of agreeing to be a ward of the corporate state: all 'US citizens' (14th Amendment debt slaves) are allowed to 'pay' all their obligations in this fake money, which the state promises to print as much as needed, since it costs them nothing to print more. This is a naked plea by the state to get the citizens to join them in perpetrating this fraud on the rest of the world. "We are bankrupt, and intend to stiff all our creditors at some future point; won't you join us in perpetrating this fraud? Then you can enjoy being bankrupt too." But false balances are an abomination to the Lord, so the state is asking you to forsake the Lord and put your trust in a gang of criminals. Not a good choice.

The lawyers would like to completely obscure the difference between lawful money and private debt, because the use of lawful money is foreign to the state, and it prevents the state from making a claim to tax the assets purchased with lawful money. By using their false money you establish their claim. In God's usufruct, living man has the rights to life, liberty, and the enjoyment of the fruits of his labor. The Constitution recognizes these God-given rights, and the Supreme Court has also, by striking down the income tax in 1895. Your labor is available for your beneficial use; the state does not have a claim on the fruits of your labor, unless you agree to give them one, by using their false money. The Constitution established a trust over the land mass of the Union States; that trust is inside God's trust, and so must, and does, conform to the higher laws already established. The United States of America Corporation, a corporation chartered under the Constitution, must also conform to those higher laws. Thus income tax is voluntary; taxes on your property are voluntary. And since you have dual citizenship, both an American Citizen, and a US citizen, and since citizenship is a First Amendment right, you can choose which trust to live under. If you choose God's usufruct, you have a duty as a trustee to keep God's laws, and you enjoy the benefits of His kingdom. If you choose to live under the corporation's trust, 'you' become legally an animal (Title 7 USC Chp 6), and your corporate 'person' (YOUR LEGAL NAME) has only the right to naked use of the fruits of your labor, and you have given the state the right to tax your income and all of your assets (since you bought them with corporate debt notes). You have to understand how the scam is constructed before you can take positive steps to extricate yourself from it...

Freed

JohnnyCash
    Great post MJ! These quatloser jokers, chameleons ... they're everywhere it seems and we all know why. Looking forward to grand opening on Monday.

@ Freed

"Seems to me the lawyers are just trying to muddy the water and confuse the sheeple about the difference between money and debt."

Very true, but have you considered that lawful money - as it is loosely defined by most on this site - is also credit? It's just that lawful money and legal tender tokens carry different features, attributes, and obligations.

That is why FRN is lawful money, in the sense that if someone accepts the token, then it is a lawful transaction. If someone rejects those features, attributes, and obligations inherent in the token, and demands instead the token provided in 12 USC 411, then he's accepting another species of credit (called here, "lawful money" and thought of as something akin to US notes).

At any rate, whether one receives FRN or US notes, both species reside either on paper or in book keeping entries, and most curiously both reside in the same instruments, either paper or book keeping entries.

Now all of this begs the question: What differentiates money from credit? The answer is surprising - there is no difference, other than the features, attributes, and obligations of the tokens being used in the accounting for capital, goods, and services in an economy; and again, both species can reside in the same tokens.

Even gold and silver coin are credit, in the sense the original producer of the coin granted his capital, goods, and services to whomever holds the coin. But it just so happens that some people regard this species of credit token as lawful money. Others regard it as a mere commodity, its value measured according to various standards.

To sum up, all money is credit, and consists of either physical or intangible tokens; these tokens having either intrinsic value or not; the tokens carry with them certain attributes, features, and obligations, determined by the original issuer; in the case of the FRN token (whether on paper or in a book entry) the holder has the option - granted through 12 USC 411 - to invoke the "lawful money" features, attributes, and obligations.

Sooo...if the left side of a FRN is Federal Reserve, and the right side is Treasury, how about for pennies, nickels, dimes etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
    Sooo...if the left side of a FRN is Federal Reserve, and the right side is Treasury, how about for pennies, nickels, dimes etc.?
    In my understanding:

coins are lawful money. this is why you get an automatic 1k deduction - or you used to be able to get that - I do not claim anymore deductions as it is not necessary.

Also regarding lawful money - IF you make your CLAIM or DEMAND, then you have fulfilled the Law! What is given back to you matters not - BECAUSE this comports with 31USC5115 - read the footnotes [revisions].

Shalom,
    Michael Joseph
    The blessing is in the hand of the doer. Faith absent deeds is dead.

Lawful Money Trust Website

Divine Mind Community Call - Sundays 8pm EST

ONE man or woman can make a difference!