Quote Originally Posted by BAMAJiPS View Post
When "The State" EX REL acts against me personally, how have they gained that authority to do so? (I'm referring to child support here specifically). I can understand the state coming after me representing MY CHILDREN who are incapable of acting on their own, but how can the state assume authority to represent another individual while trampling the other down?

Doesn't this violate equal protection under the law?
Remember, the STATE acts on presumption of jurisdiction. So if someone doesn't want to be in their jurisdiction, they would need to rebut those presumptions, then remove themselves and their property from their jurisdiction.

If someone is in their jurisdiction and doesn't know it, that someone would need to learn about the two jurisdictions then decide which one they want to be in.

Remember, when it comes to public servants, violating God-given rights is par for the course.

My state constitution specifically reads in Article 1 Section 35 "That the sole object and ONLY LEGITIMATE end of government is to protect the citizen in the enjoyment of life, liberty and property, and when the government assumes other functions it is USURPATION and OPPRESSION."

I LOVE the wording of that, and it seems most the time when a government actor is presented with that phrase they immediately start to clam up and get defensive.
Correct. The constitution keeps public servants accountable; problem is, people don't know their God-given rights anymore. On the rare occasion someone brings that to light in front of another who makes their living off people's ignorance, yes they will get defensive.

So, maybe a little more pointedly - how can a child support agency even exist and claim to protect one individual's rights without trampling on another individual's?
Because the child support agency is a STATE agency that manages those who cannot manage themselves. This is why it's important to learn to govern oneself outside of agencies.

(None of this is legal advice.)