My wife just got a speeding ticket in Oregon. (Since it is hers and she does not have faith yet in the R4C and other methods taught here I cannot apply those). The facts are, we lived in Oregon some years ago but moved to Florida and obtained a Florida DL. She presented the same when stopped. The officer looked up her name and saw that she used to have an Oregon license. (We are sure it is void since she has a valid FL DL, FL stated they returned the surrendered OR DL. We are waiting for an OR License report to confirm that the license was void.)

He then cited her using the Oregon number. He wrote her Oregon address but put "OH" for the State (The license plate on the car is issued by OH). He then put "License Expires" to 2020 which is the expiration of the FL DL (since we do not have the OR license we cannot swear to, but if the DL was valid it would expire in 2016).

So I am thinking he fabricated this whole thing to make the ticket stick since my opinion is we do not have a contract with the State of Oregon. I wanted to plead not guilty and counter claim perjury and false arrest.

I have access to "At Law" attorneys and here is what he said would happen.
'If the Oregon license she was cited on was not current or valid at the time of the ticket, and she had a valid Florida license , and she was cited on the wrong license, then you should raise that issue with the judge at the time of first appearance and ask for dismissal. The judge may do one of two things. The judge may dismiss the ticket and close the case. Or more likely, the Judge may dismiss the ticket; ask her to produce the valid license with the correct driver information , as well as her current Oregon information and allow the police officer to issue her another ticket with the valid Florida license information. Since the officer will not be at the first appearance , the officer may have to come to your Oregon residence and deliver a new ticket. You then need to appear at or before the new court date and enter a plea of not guilty and request a court trial. If convicted, the record would be recorded in the Oregon DMV records using the valid Florida license and Oregon dmv would notify Florida dmv of the traffic infraction."

I then questioned how can they reissue the citation when they do not have jurisdiction, to which,

"When you drive a vehicle on Oregon roads, including interstate highway, you submit to the jurisdiction of Oregon law. You are required to have a valid Oregon license to drive; Oregon also recognizes the valid licenses of out of state drivers, including Florida, as well as licenses issued by other Countries, to meet the valid driver license requirement. If you are convicted of a traffic offense in Oregon the conviction is noted in the Oregon DMV records and because there are reciprocal agreements among all the states to share their driving records of convictions, Oregon notifies Florida of this record of conviction and Florida can deal with the information and how it will effect the Florida license as they choose, according to their laws. Given the amount of drivers, driving, and conviction record keeping throughout the US states, not everything get reported promptly or recorded if at all".

What about the comment that the officer will not be there at the first appearance? He is the claimant. Doesn't he have to be there? Has anyone ever been in Oregon traffic court? Is this really the procedure?

If we loose our day in court, is this one of those situation were they charge the Oregon License but nothing happens to us. (My wife believes enough that she will not admit to being the NAME)? What would insurance say. I have 3 of my cars insured in OR the other is FL.

Your experiences in similar situations and your comments are anxiously sought.